Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have been thinking about the Pope and Young club. Seeing they have taken a turn away from traditional archery and finger shooters. I think there should be a new club started for archer's that shoot traditional bows and compound bow shooters shooting fingers and 65% let-off. In honor of two greats I think it best be called the Bear and Hill club. What do all the great minds on here think?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think if Fred Bear were younger when compounds were around, he would have shot a compound. After reading 'Field Notes' on every trip to Alaska they were toting the latest and greatest. As for adding another club.....nah, at least not for that reason. If I were to vote for a new club, it would be a fair chase, unguided, public lands club where the hunter does the work not a guide/outfitter. Above all we need to stay united as hunters and not get split up into small groups of bowhunters or rifle hunters etc.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wait a minute you are splitting hunters in your idea of a club. Lets not be a hypocrit.

I do agree that the only records should be fair chase. High fence is to me not hunting I don't care how much land you have. I think a catagory of unguided and guided would be good. As for public or private land I don't see the point in that.

As for my idea its not splitting hunters. Its getting back to archery. At what point do we say this isn't what it was intended to be. Such as in-line muzzle loaders. Sorry but it was started as muzzle load "primitive weapons" such as a Hawkins or Kentucky rifle. These muzzle loading rifles on the market today strech far beyond a primitive weapon. I am sorry but a release makes a crappy finger shooter and ok archer. To prove my point take the best finger target archer out there and put him up against a top ranked release shooter and he doesn't stand a chance.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.