-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Had a pleasant, albeit windy, Sunday near Sedona. Oak Creek was swollen and more suitable to kayaking than trout fishing. Hunted some Gambels this morning and then took some side roads to get near Bear Mountain southwest of Sedona to shoot some photos this afternoon. Fortunately, we did not get drawn into a vortex.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Doug~RR

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Absolutely stunning scenery!!!

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
very nice ! we had snow most of the day here...

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. We are supposed to get just a little snow today. Have wanted to get some photos with snow atop the red rocks, but the last storm was not cold enough for their elevation.

The last two pics were off a tripod, but I forgot to turn off the VR, so wonder how much blurr that induces. Also took some in RAW so I can play with PSE7. These were jpegs with slight croppping.

Doug~RR

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Very nice!

Vortex?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"In Sedona vortexes are created, not by wind or water, but from spiraling spiritual energy. The vortexes of Sedona are named because they are believed to be spiritual locations where the energy is right to facilitate prayer, mediation and healing. Vortex sites are believed to be locations having energy flow that exists on multiple dimensions. The energy of the vortexes interacts with a person�s inner self. It is not easily explained. Obviously it must be experienced."

http://www.sedonanewagecenter.com/Vortex/sedona_vortex.htm

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
"In Sedona vortexes are created, not by wind or water, but from spiraling spiritual energy. The vortexes of Sedona are named because they are believed to be spiritual locations where the energy is right to facilitate prayer, mediation and healing. Vortex sites are believed to be locations having energy flow that exists on multiple dimensions. The energy of the vortexes interacts with a person�s inner self. It is not easily explained. Obviously it must be experienced."

http://www.sedonanewagecenter.com/Vortex/sedona_vortex.htm

Wow! Here I figured you were talking about a dust devil or something. Vortex's ......deep stuff! Of course in my case if the multiple dimensions are dependent on a person's inner self my vortex would be about as deep as a 45 LP. grin

Thanks for the clarification, even if it was way deeper than I'd want to wade into.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Driving down Schnebly Hill once, I noticed a ring rocks on a large sandstone ledge, and wondered why/what. Many bead and crystal shops in Sedona for the nuts and fruits. Yep, the only wading needs to be in Oak Creek for trout and smallmouth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice pics

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice pics--the scenery there is really beautiful and your pics really do justice to it. The colours in that area are stunning and your exposure of the lighting conditions really brings them out. Well done!

Makes me want to go back and visit again--been over 20 years.

LawMan

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That sure is a beautiful part of the world. I remember hunting coues deer east of Camp Verde years ago & glassing up a huge lion sunning himself on a rock. We saw some pretty nice elk in there too. Then we toured around a bit & came to this crazy town with nothing but has-been hippies living there, I think it was called Jerome.

Anyway, great pictures RedRabbit! Thanks for the memories.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Thanks for the great shots, and great memories.

I got married in Sedona, beside Oak Creek.

Got to visit again last year, just about this time of year. It's growing and changing, but still a wonderful place....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,069
Posts18,501,446
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.