Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blaine
What I want to know is how the 30 cal, 150 TSX/TTSX at an MV of 3000-3100 fps performs on elk, and I told you to assume it would exapnd properly. (Something else you apparrently didn't understand.) My main concern is is this bullet heavy enough to reliably penetrate elk shoulders?

Yes

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Plus one on the TXS penetrating a Elk shoulder.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look, you buffoon, moron, knuckleheads I am proud to call friends............ grin

I told you guys I was not intersted in a pissing match about TSX failures. What part of that did you not understand!? Do I need to stand you at attention and yell it in your face!? How can I make this more clear!?

Take your BS pissing match about TXS failures somewhere else. I am not interested.

BTW, for those of who who tried to answer my question, thanks.

What I want to know is how the 30 cal, 150 TSX/TTSX at an MV of 3000-3100 fps performs on elk, and I told you to assume it would exapnd properly. (Something else you apparrently didn't understand.) My main concern is is this bullet heavy enough to reliably penetrate elk shoulders?

Problemo with this is that some of us buffons, moron's, knuckleheads and so on have enough experience with the TSX to know that we shouldn't be assumming that'll expand properly.

Now if it does, then yes you'll have no problems.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dober,
I'm pretty sure it'll penetrate the elk shoulder, even if it does fail to expand wink

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I wouldn't want to be hit by a 130 grain TSX going 3000+ ft/second, even if it didn't expand properly.

Lots of elk have been killed with 130 grain bullets shot from .270s. Even though the sectional density of the .308 150 grain bullet is slightly lower, I really don't think you need to worry about penetration.

IC B2

AFP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Problemo with this is that some of us buffons, moron's, knuckleheads and so on have enough experience with the TSX to know that we shouldn't be assumming that'll expand properly.

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, which is very easy to do on the Campfire, and that is why I was specific in what I asked. It would have hurt peoples feelings for me to say the TSX haters get too emotional and start overblowing things, to the point of them losing credibility with me. What we have is a small group of people who holler long and loud about what they dislike. They treat the exception as the rule and attach their pride to it. I am am too old to put up with that BS. Because I rarely participate in TSX threads, I forgot it had become such an contentious issue, and I was a stupid, moronic, buffoon knucklehead for even asking the question.

I wonder if there are better places to get information than here? You can't talk about Barnes Bullets, Toyota trucks, Leupold scopes, theories of origins, etc; on the Campfire without guys getting their panties in a bunch. It is getting AWFULLY old..............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi Blaine,

Here is my opinion, in this case based solely on "I heard..." and "I think...".

It will penetrate an elk shoulder reliably.

It is not the BEST choice. That's a whole nuther topic though.

Just my opinion. I've only killed 2 elks and been around another 7-8 killed so give my thunks as much or little weight as you see fit.

Have a good 'un!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
While the bullets that I, Brad and Chuck Nelson found were in animals the animals were only dead after more ammo was directed their way.

I know for sure that the one that I had fail this year could of easily never been recovered and the fact that we got lucky and recovered it doesn't to my way of thinking change it from anything but a bullet failure. I am fairly sure that Chuck and Brad would agree with me on such a thing.

Bottom line for me, I've seen a lot of game taken with the TSX (most likely as much or more than most out there). When they open they do their work very well, just like about any other bullet out there. But, when they don't open then one can easily have issues, some times we get lucky and hammer the critter down and I would imagine that there are more than a few times when people (and the critter) haven't gotten lucky and the animal has gotten away. May well be that there is more of this going on than we know of and if the critters had been recovered people would of found out?

The TSX is an excellent bullet when it opens and does it's stuff. But, there is no denying the fact that from time to time it doesn't open up. This type of thing comes up often enough for me to go hmm...?
To me it is unacceptable performance (for that bullet not to open) whether we get poop house lucky and find or put the game down or not.

Just my thoughts, not saying anyone else is wrong, just different is all.

Have a super Saturday all!

Dober

So the TSX or TTSX is the only bullet that you have ever needed to put more than one into an animal?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya know Blaine, there's likely not one person on this entire forum that's shot more stuff with the TSX since they came out than Dobrenski. Heck, he was part of their "advisory" team.

The only one here who has their "panties in a bunch" is you. Me, I really don't take any of this seriously... it's a friggin bullet.

Why don't you spend four or five years with the damn bullet yourself and report back?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad, are you saying that the TSX is not a perfectly beautiful object?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
More or less (grin).

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
AFP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Me, I really don't take any of this seriously...

Brad,

Who do you think you are trying to fool? You are one of the quickest persons on this forum to start calling other people names. You have always been that way. While there ain't none of us that are guilty of that, don't try to BS anyone that you don't take this stuff way too seriously. You have way too much history for that claim to fly..........

Why don't you spend four or five years with the damn bullet yourself and report back?

Wow, that is a genius statement. The whole idea of asking question you frickin' moron is to learn from what others have done. However, some of you guys are to wrapped in your in little panties-in-a-bunch world of overstatement and ego that you can't recognize and honest question from an challenge to your ego.

PISS ON YOU ALL!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ah jeez..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
ah jeez..

+1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

PISS ON YOU ALL!!!!!!

Wow...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Who wants to go to Shedhorn in the morning?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam, I've got 200 gr Partitions loaded and am headed to the range in the a.m. barring catastrophic wind laugh

You have the 25 Bobs in mind?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shedhorn? I wonder if they've got Varget..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn the wind Brad!

I'm thinking Bob in a big way.....grin

Johnny, if your down let me know. Otherwise I'll grab you a jug or two if they have it on the shelf.
It'll be a quick trip.

What time is kickoff anyway, around 2?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I told you guys I was not intersted in a pissing match about TSX failures. What part of that did you not understand!? Do I need to stand you at attention and yell it in your face!? How can I make this more clear!?

Take your BS pissing match about TXS failures somewhere else. I am not interested.

BTW, for those of who who tried to answer my question, thanks.

If you didn't want to hear a few "maybees" and "nos", why did you phrase the question in such a way that it could be possible? If you only want to hear "yes", all you have to do is PM the right individuals. It's not rocket science. Then again, neither is putting a bullet through the shoulder_ of a big animal. Plural may get you different results depending.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.