Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 121 of 1,842 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 1841 1842
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Congratulations on the tree rat, Captain Bang Flop. How 'bout heading in to PA and whacking a few at my bird feeder. They are well-fed and ready for harvest! LOL

Wabo, I like your thinking, my friend. Why go to the trouble of removing/replacing scopes and red dots? Just buy another gun! I can tell you are an addict just like I am! Even using Kiddo as an enabler to get your fix. I can dig it!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Craig, no problem, buddy. Just stand closer to the railing and wear old shoes! You'll be among friends who will themselves be too bleary-eyed to notice the stains on the planks!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kind a like bracket racing, or a handicap!

We have a 8'x8' porch on the back of our shack named the "Pee Porch". When there's snow on the ground, distance peeing is done routinely. It's not recorded or anything, mostly a personal best type thing.

One day a member came in astonished by somebodies peeing ability. Had to be a mark at 15 feet! I claimed it. In reality I had tossed out the bacon grease with a pretty good pan flip. I take what I can get.

Craig

Wood is Good.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh I forgot to tell you guys that kiddo and her sister learned a Big Right and Wrong lesson yesterday too... Here I am the wife and kids we had been shopping through several stores allday yesterday afternoon. Well we hit the final stop and with my addiction to Marlins not being full for the day I caught a .22mag bolt in my eye while walking past sporting goods. Well I already have one and its a favorite for all of us and after all I Needed another. lol

So I tell the wife to make her rounds and common back I'd be finished by then and we could simply checkout in sporting goods with everything since they have to walk you to the door. After all the usual a Manager is checking us out I'm finally finished with the paperwork, we get out to the car and I look at the reciept he taped to the gun box. He missed the gun!!!

It's not on the receipt I tell the wife I'm going back in, the kids are fried asking questions why as they want to go home. I tell the wife I'll be back and to explain why to the kids, after running back to the car for the label on the box for them. An hour had passed while they figured out how to charge me for the gun and why the two guys, the clerk and Manager and the lady up front who all signed for it hadn't noticed.

Me I told them all no big deal people are people we make mistakes take a deep breath rrelax because God had a reason for that to happen to me instead of someone who wouldn't have gone back.

Everyone was finally happy as I left including me I couldn't have left without paying and after a trip to McD's we were homeward bound. The whole trip home I exxplained to the kids why I had to go back in because I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I hadn't.. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong, and Bad people who steel are Wrong and I wasn't someone who stole so I had to go pay for what I had purchased. Even if it was someone else who made the mistake it was my obligation as a Good person to go make it right. I think the kids understood and I got a chance to make what I hope was a lifelong impression on the kids of how to do everything the right way. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ha!! that's great buddy!!

kilt you a tree rat eh? first of many critters to fall to the super single six!!

We did an awesome snowmobile ride today from the cabin, real good ride (if you're an old guy that don't mind going slow & keeping the sled on the ground!!)

grin

i had some people fishing our fish house today & they told me it sucked.

so I dunno, time to move the house I guess.

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's a good lesson Wabo. I woulda done the same thing.

OK, picture time.

Our snowmobile weekend, we were one kid short this weekend as Weezy was off to WI skiing with a church group this weekend.

here we are along a stretch of trail, nice groomed forest trails.

[Linked Image]

here we are at the sliding hill, this is the warming shelter at the top of the hill.

[Linked Image]

a young dare devil ready for action.

[Linked Image]

on his way..

[Linked Image]

Wipe out!!

[Linked Image]

back at the cabin, i snapped a picture of old single side. A nice buck that captain bangflop's dad shot a few years ago.

[Linked Image]

here's the woodpile, she's looking kinda skinny boys... grin

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam010.jpg[/img]

we need that wood to put into this guy so we can have the cabin at 115* F like we did last night, oof, runaway stove! When she get's a runnin it's hard to choke her back!!

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam012.jpg[/img]

that's it for saturday, sunday today) was a full day of riding & fun, but this is to many pictures fr one post already.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
OK, day 2 of our weekend.

After a good breakfast we did our usual offering of pancake left overs to the "lumberjack" or "whiskyJack" birds.

[Linked Image]

along the trail on day 2 we encountered a couple of downed trees from high winds on saturday night. We had to create our own bipass lane around a couple of these.

[Linked Image]

Here's a riders view of the trail.

[Linked Image]

beings it was sunday & all, I lead the family to church. This is a historic landmark out in the middle of the ... well, middle of nothing, just forest for miles & miles in every direction.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Church is cared for & maintained by voulunteers.

[Linked Image]

the last living memory & fun time my family had with my late cousin accompanied by his family was on an ATV trip to this place. (except for bangflop, he had something going on that weekend, can't remember what it was) But it just occured to me, my buddy, my cousin, he was here with us once. He saw this place, he thought it was pretty neat.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam023.jpg[/img]

there is an offering jar for upkeep projects. If you are the kind of person that is going to find your way back in the woods to this church, you're the same kind of person that would leave a hundred dollar bill lay here because it doesn't belong to you.

Got trust?

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam025.jpg[/img]

I asked my oldest boy to stand at the podium & play like he's preaching. He said "how do I do that?" I told him "just stand there like you're talking & hold your finger in the air"

well he did it but he really wasn't into it.

then my little guy said "my turn dad!"

I said fine, get up there & preach boy.

Well he did like I told his big brither, stood there with his finger in the air.

it wasn't until I got home here tonight that I noticed which finger he decided to hold in the air.... blush

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam028.jpg[/img]

outside the church there is a flowing well, I spotted a bird getting a drink at the top of the casing.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam032.jpg[/img]

Here are the boys loaded up in the snow coach ready to hit the trail.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam037.jpg[/img]

And, here we are along our way from the old church back up to the sliding hill so the boys could have another run at that hill.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam035.jpg[/img]

we did some more sliding at the hill, then headed back to the toasty warm cabin & fried some hamburgers, cleaned up, packed up & headed for home.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Great recount of your weekend, looks like a blast! Would Love to spend a few years in the Big forest like that myself..

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wow! What a weekend and thanks Dave for sharing. That is quite a church to say the least. I could go there each Sunday.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RaystownRon

Can I have an Amen?

Ron

AMEN!!!

I can tell already...I'm gonna like you Ron. grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice shootin' cbf.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I gotta cheat to. the barrel is short and all the rifiling is wore out too. blush

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
did pretty good up north of your house this weekend dave, got our limit of eyes and a few saugers and about 4 jumbo perch as well. that snowmobiling looks like some fun times, i got my little 120's out for the kids yesterday so they could tear up the yard. what a weekend it was..

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is my kind of church.

I about blew Cherry Coke out when I saw the preachers finger though. grin

Looks like one heck of a fun weekend.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you still up on south tip buschy?

i had some guys fishing in my house yesterday but it was no good.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Whew...had some catchin up to do on here. Work kept me away for awhile. Awesome posts everyone!

Ron - The wizz off thing sounds like a good idea although us older guys won't have a prayer against the young boys! Why is it you can pee over a building when your a kid and as you get older you just try not to hit your feet??

Dave - love the pics. Entices me to get my sleds licensed and operable which I think I will do this week since the annual "old timers run" is this coming weekend. I know a couple of other young lads that would have a blast on that sliding hill!

The pic of young preacher made me laugh out loud. That is CLASSIC!!

Bangflop - Good job on the squuurl. Did ya et 'em? I will be watching closly and keep you posted on when the muley apps become available.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
[quote=Rooster7]Whew...had some catchin up to do on here. Work kept me away for awhile. Awesome posts everyone!

Ron - The wizz off thing sounds like a good idea although us older guys won't have a prayer against the young boys! Why is it you can pee over a building when your a kid and as you get older you just try not to hit your feet??

Rooster - If you take 1/2 a Viagara it will keep you from peeing on your boots!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, that wood burner at Camp Chickinbuck looks just like the one we use at our camp. Know what you mean about them taking off on you once in a while.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, we fished just straight east of sout tip and its been quite good for us every time out. i did miss a big one too right at the hole. lestifer wouldn't jump in for him, He did give me one show when he had a big one that got off in the hole, up to his elbow and he got that fish. a nice 18.5" walleye, wet shirt and all. Not sure why he didn't do that for my fish which was much bigger.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I really like that cutter behind the Polaris. I have a Polaris that would fit right in with your'n. a 95 XLT SKS. dang good sleds.

I am gonna hafta look into a cutter or snow coach of some type when the boys get a little older. That sure looks like fun.

For my .02, I would say the naming ceremony would not be complete without some ceremonial dress of some sort. Mebbe all should be required to wear blaze orange, a tool belt, a snowmobile helmet, and a chicken feather?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 121 of 1,842 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.