Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Since reading the replies on my boots and pack thread, I've been doing some searching for the different packs mentioned. I have an offer for a like new Badlands 2200 pack for $125. Is that a good pack,and a good deal? I know there are some Kelty packs tht I can get for that price new, and also the Horn Hunter Main beam pack for about $120 new. Is 2200ci enough room for 3-4 day camping trips? I don't take a tent,and if I could find a way to attach my sleeping bag and pad to the outside of the pack, I'm thin it should be enough?

GB1

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I bought the Badlands 2200 last year after reading such great reviews about it here. Great pack and $125 sounds like a good deal if its in good condition.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
the 2200 is a great pack! had one for sometime now and love it! got a friend to buy one for his idaho elk hunt and he loves it! i would certainly take it an over night tripp and maybe 2 nights but anything past that i think i would want something bigger. still buy the pack, you wont be disappointed

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I really like mine for anything 3 days or less. Fits me real well and no issues so far.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too picked one of these up earlier this year, and suspect it will do what I ask of it well.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I owned one for about 5 years. There are certainly lighter packs out there. I'll say this though, I never once had that pack let me down, and I ABUSED that poor thing....to include a front shoulders of an elk on more than one occassion. I feel like I got my money from that thing and then some. When the main zipper finally gave way, I sent it in and they replaced it with a whole new pack. Pretty awesome customer service from my perspective. I only sold it because I had such nasty habit of filling it with more than I really needed in a day's time. For a day pack, it was just a little much. For a quick weekend hunt though, maybe nothing better out there.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I bought one last summer but could not warm up to it. The waist padding did not fit me well as well as others. It was still a nice pack however.

Bought a Blacks Creek Alaskan and could not be more satisfied. Fit my build much better, very comfy with more room than the BL2200.
[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

J
J
I agree with msolocam, good for 1 or two days max. If you don�t mind lashing a bunch of your gear to the outside of your pack you could probably extend that, but it�s not for me. I�ve only had my 2200 for one season and it worked well for overnighters. Though not hard to work around and not worth the shipping cost to fix, two of my pull tabs broke before I even got into the field.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Check the zippers! I had 3-break the first week I had it and 1-that was stuck closed. My waiste belt would pop open as well and I am not a fat guy. Maybe I got a bad one, but was very happy I took a second pack with me on that trip!

Good Shooting!
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Sorry for the error, but hte seller just notified me it's actually a 2800,not a 2200. I see they are $199 new, so I guess $125 isn't too bad a deal. Is there uch difference between the 200 and 2800 besides size?

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The 2800 has wings on it and the newer ones use straps to carry the load. They have a cool buit in holster though.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You would be much better off with the 2800 anyway. That is a good deal. he 2800 would actually make your 3-4 trips a possibility, if packing light. I like how it set up to pack out quarters etc. For the money not a bad bag at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just picked up a 2800 for $129 + ship. It was a factory second. I won't know until later how she holds up ....

Last edited by avagadro; 02/04/09.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think either 2200 or 2800 will be good for you. I've got a 2200.

My primary issue with mine, which I'm still trying to sort out (Badlands ignored my earlier email and is not returning my calls so far this week) is lack of suitable handgun holsters since I carry a handgun for all of my pre-season scouting and for a significant part of my hunting.

But I don't think that's an issue in Canada, right?

Secondary issue is I get pretty damp under the pack and especially under the waistband, but that's going to be true of any internal frame pack.

Other than that, the darn thing fits well. It doesn't carry as heavy as it's weight on the scale says it should. In fact, I can darn near forget it's there at times, just feels like I'm bulked up with a really really heavy jacket since it flexes with me and so on. It doesn't have high outer corners to hook on branches like a frame pack and it's really quiet as packs go.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TOM ... go check out the forums @ SageCreek Outfitters. I haven't been there in some time, but they have a forum dedicated to (& sponsored by) Badlands Packs. So of their pics on the threads for the 2800 & 2200 showed handguns attached to the pack's waist belt.

*** Just checked out Sage Creek forums ... the pics are gone, but I'd bet of you contacted the site administrator you may be able to get it relisted.

Good Luck

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks ... on my way ... smile

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
they have great customer service, if anything goes wrong with it just send it in and its either fixed or a new one is sent to ya, not sure you can beat that. i have had ZERO problems with my older version 2200 and i flat abuse it. its hauled 2 elk quarters on a few occations, i just cant seem to break her!

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I'll second that Badlands customer service is second to none. I have (2) 2200's, monster fanny, stealth fanny, an another I forget the name. I have sent three of them back with no questions asked. One due to actual wear on the pack due to carrying a LW stand and steps. One broken zipper and the third was customization to fit a certain situation. I offered to pay for the work but they refused. All completed at no cost other than my shipping back to them.

As for zipper pull tabs, I just replaced one on the 2200 yesterday. It came off during this past season and I just got around to calling last week to have them send me some extra's. The tabs are very, very easy to replace - assuming you can handle a pair of pliers. Again no cost for the tabs and extras.

I admit to eyeing the Kifaru's lately but with a different purpose in mind.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Ive thought about these 2 packs as well. For whitetail hunting in the East, with the possibility of cutting one up to pack out, which would be better, the 2200 or 2800?

Thanks, JimD.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
JimD ... I have not used the 2800 so I could be talking out my a$$, but here's how I'd look at it if I knew what I was talking about:

I'd expect the 2800 to be a little better pack for hauling a big load, the 2200 little better for walking around with ... both capable and useful for either job, just relatively better suited to one or the other ... so the choice could be made based on how you hunt and how frequently you carry out meat.

If I were a stand hunter who just carried my stuff to a fixed location, then sat, I'd probably pick the 2800. If I were a person who typically tagged out real fast and didn't spend many days hunting per critter, I'd probably pick the 2800. For someone like me who still hunts, on the go pretty much all day long, the slightly smaller size of the 2200 seems attractive, especially since by all reports it'll still haul a whole deer quartered out if you're a little creative about strapping the load.

What I'll say about my 2200 is it's probably the quietest pack I've ever used. Less noise as it flexes, less noise from branches brushing the bag, etc. It's not real light, but it fits so well (empty with the bat wings strapped down) that I sometimes forget it isn't just a heavy jacket I'm wearing.

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 264mag, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 1,337 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.