Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 124 of 1,842 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 1841 1842
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm just glad you didn't go hollywood on us...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
OK...I'll bite. What would that be?

Wanna buy a boat btw?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Love, love, love the ahhh, errr...joke Craig. I will remember that one. grin

Sorry for the mushy stuff, back on track now...boy's continue with the grunting, farting, peeing off the porch, whizz contests, gun talk, knife talk, etc. Sounds like a typical day/night at the Shaw house though...hehehe. ND is teaching his boys well and at an early age too. Preacher Joe has a pretty good start already. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I showed my wife preacher's picture last night, and she hurt herself laughing so hard. That is one funny pic.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey, easy on the ditch pickles and Ole's outboards! The Bwana of our hunting shack is the local dealer for both. I can tell bangflop is out of the same gene pool as my son. Like bangflop, when he was in the go like hell until you hit something stage of his snowmobiling life, that's what he did. I was thankful the local dealer was kind to him as far as parts and use of the shop.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just glad to hear he is alright. Sounds like most boys..until dad makes them pay for repairs. smile

About 14yrs ago my cousin was riding her sled near Superior. She looked down to see how fast she was going and ended up 5' up in a clump of Birch trees. She was in a coma for 4 months. She is now legaly blind, and nearly deaf from the injuries to her brain. She can walk and talk, but now has the mental compaciaty of an 10-12y.o. Scary as hell, she almost died several times in the first 4 days of the deal.

We all grew up quite a bit in the time she was in the hospital. I am a lot more careful when riding a sled now. Because I learned 2 seconds can change a life forever.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Based on what I've seen on TV, I think it means that you have to hunt with an encore.
I've already got a boat that I don't use as much as I should. I'm running an ole on mine too, but it's only a 28, so I don't have the wardrobe malfunction problem other than the occasional hat. I wouldn't mind changing over to a 4 stroke or e-tech in 50-70. I hate the smell of 2 strokes in the morning.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry to hear about your cousin tzone. I started riding sleds in the early 1970's and since then have heard of too many episodes like the one with your cousin. Yes, I was lucky with no real serious injuries to my son. He traded his last sled for a four-wheeler several years ago and has slowed down considerably. He uses it in the woods for hunting, plows snow in his yard and rarely gets out of second or third gear.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm on the other side. I love that 2-stroke smell. Love it. I run a 175 on mine, but no wordrobe malfunctions yet. Well an occaisional hat but no shorts blowing off.

When I was laid off last summer, I fished 3-4 times a week, usually 1/2 days, depending on job hunting. That pretty much came to a stand still when I got back to work.

No Encores for me. I'll stick to the trombones and bolts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nd, Are you heading out the the Fishermans' Shanty this weekend? I'm heading up North to ontario to take on Trout through the ice. Just brought home a new 4-stroke widertrak last night to pull the sleigh around up there. Should make for some good fishing and ceasars going on with the weather we got coming. Gotta love the big "P" sometimes.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a 150 2-stroker on my last boat and that cured me of liking the smell. I then switched to a 115 four stroke and enjoy the pure air i get to breath.

I have a friend who I could never beat on the trails. He was just too wild. I remember coming home one time and telling Dad, "I just cant beat him dad". Dad said, "and how does that affect your life?" It made me stop and think an little and a day later I decided it didnt affect my life. A week later he wrapped his back around a telephone pole while riding in a ditch and was paralyzed for life.

I still enjoy crankin' 'er up a bit on a nice flat, well-known lake. But other than that I keep it pretty mellow. I have become a huge fan of powder riding instead.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What kind of 115 are you running?

My step-dad bought a new '06 Lund Explorer last spring with a 115 Yamaha on it, and I like it alot. Not as quiet as I expected at speed, but whisper quiet while at idol or slow speed scouting.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got the Yammy too. I like it. Sips the gas, nice and quiet, no cloud of exhaust. Now why are you gettin' me thinking about my boat? It is still winter time and it will be a long time til I get in it. Cant wait for our 22nd annual trip to Canada in June. It would be fun to slip up to LOTW and try out Dave's hotspots this summer some time, though depending on when our house sells, that may consume a good part of the summer. Gotta get the kids out camping too. The little girl (4.5 yrs old) is already bugging me about it.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hey I gotta check out that new wide track sometime, fishermen everywhere are just raving about it.

i don't know what we are doing. I had a little boy call me this morning crying on the phone because his big brother told him we cant go to monster jam in fargo & see the monster trucks....

so.... weekend plans are up in the air.

not sure yet.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Pam & I had the black yamaha (the merc) 115 4 stroke EFI on an 1800 fisherman that we bought new. Boy was that a nice boat, miss it in the summertime but these past 2 summers we have been keeping busy in the woods.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have a 3yo boy that LOVES to be in the boat. If I can get him to back a trailer in this spring I'll be golden. grin

We live minutes from the WI River, and there is no closed season on fish there, except muskies. About the 2nd week of April it is open enough to fish in a boat, and you can bet you'll find my ass out there smackin' eyeballers.

Late March early April you can go to De Pere, near Green Bay and pound 18-24" walleyes all day. You can't keep them, but it sure is fun. A good day will bring you 100+, the worst day I've had there lately we "only caught 25 fish each in 4 hours.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Late March early April you can go to De Pere, near Green Bay and pound 18-24" walleyes all day. You can't keep them, but it sure is fun. A good day will bring you 100+, the worst day I've had there lately we "only caught 25 fish each in 4 hours.

That sounds much like the Rainy River near Baudette, Mn in the early spring. Pull # 7 shad raps and hang on. I had the pleasure of doing that for the first time last spring and man was that a blast!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Pam & I had the black yamaha (the merc) 115 4 stroke EFI on an 1800 fisherman that we bought new. Boy was that a nice boat, miss it in the summertime but these past 2 summers we have been keeping busy in the woods.

You will just have to fill the pond with fish and we'll make a duplicate 1800 fisherman out of plywood and set 'er in there. Beer tastes the same weather your wetting a line in the middle of a forest or on the lake right? wink

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That sounds much like the Rainy River near Baudette, Mn in the early spring. Pull # 7 shad raps and hang on. I had the pleasure of doing that for the first time last spring and man was that a blast!

Rooster- VERY simialr to the spring bite on Rainy. Jigs or Rapala's doesnt' matter. Better chance to hook a sturgeon with the jig though.

Can keep 1 eye over 28", but we don't do it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by northern_dave

You will just have to fill the pond with fish and we'll make a duplicate 1800 fisherman out of plywood and set 'er in there. Beer tastes the same weather your wetting a line in the middle of a forest or on the lake right? wink

grin

I reckon beer tastes good no matter where you try it. smile

Page 124 of 1,842 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.