Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
This guy has real nerve to say that about 800 billion bucks....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guy was making the most important vote of our lifetimes and he couldn't even bother to read the damn bill! I want to cry, puke and kill somebody all at the same time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just heard the stupid son-of-a-bitch say that he would have preferred to have voted for the McCain version of the bill, but because this is a legislative process, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

The fool along with the piss twins (Irene and Urine) from Maine had complete control of the process..........they could have forced the Dems to make major concessions if they just hung tough.

"Legislative process" alright, the Dems drafted the bill in the House and the Repubs had no input whatsoever......then it comes to the Senate and the three stooges vote for it carte blanche.

I don't have the time or the inclination to look into it, but each one of the stooges must have been promised something by Obama or Reid to sell out the way they did.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wish Spect-whore would hang himself.

A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Why Pennsylvania, why?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They should have just been hung period for this crap!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The most depressing part about this is not that these 3 wuss republicans are selling out our children and allowing these losers to claim "bipartisan" victory. No, the worst part is that they will end up tanking in the polls and the dumocrats will pick up another 3 seats in a couple years. And the libs are laughing all the way to the bank literally, pulling the whool over the republicans' eyes yet again.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate to repeat the same old stuff on this board BUT, these three idiot/traitorous/criminal azzhats were also a part of the gang of idiots who would not vote to impeach old "Bubba". That should have been enough to get them thrown out but the party continued to carry them. This is the second time they've sold us out in less than ten years.

The GOP needs to start work today to replace them the next time they run.

No more funds or fund-raisers for them.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I remember correctly, he had the balls to cite Scottish law as the reason for voting against impeachment.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When the hell will the American people start excersizing the power they have, and VOTE THESE [bleep] OUT?

Take Murtha for instance, he called our Marines murderers, and got re-elected! How the hell can that happen? Look at what's going on in Minnesota, who in their right mind would vote for Franken? He's a NUT, but people are voting for him.

The PEOPLE need to get a grip, and get back on track. I write my Senators and Congressman regularly, and everyone should do the same. But when it's voting time, everyone has to come together.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
The problem is that the American populous is more interested in who is winning American Idol than who is running our country and congress.

Term limits is the only remedy for the debacle that we call congress.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
americans are very forgiving. if they aren't, what is the excuse for leaving dubwa in office. 95% of the politions couldn't hold a job in the real world.

A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by cdhunt
americans are very forgiving. if they aren't, what is the excuse for leaving dubwa in office. 95% of the politions couldn't hold a job in the real world.

I fear there will come a day when you will wish "dubya" was still there......

Last edited by AFTERUM; 02/12/09. Reason: spelling, as usual
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by twodogs
I hate to repeat the same old stuff on this board
The GOP needs to start work today to replace them the next time they run.

They never will. In Specters case, he usually does something once a year that gets people in the GOP to call for his replacement. But when the chips are down, the GOP forgets everything he has done, ignores everything he has done, and tells us that we simply must vote for Spector, no matter who he is running against.
Last time Specter ran, he was challenged in the primaries by someone who is quite conservative by todays standards. THe polls were showing that Specter was in big trouble.
George Bush and Rick Santorum came to Specters rescue. They both hit the pavement for Specter, they hit the airwaves, telling everyone you simply had to vote for Specter over his challenger, and they used the same "he is the only one who has a chance at beating the Democrat" mantra that keeps Republicans from becoming an actual conservative party.
The final vote was ridiculously close, I think it was like 49 point something to 49 point something. Specter pulled it out. I live in the Philly suburbs, I live in the area that continues to be the area that decides elections in Pennsylvania. I listened to talk radio that election day, and caller after caller called in and said they were going to vote for Toomey, but GEORGE BUSH, and RICK SANTORUM convinced them to instead vote for Specter.
Specter won, because so called "conservatives" George Bush and Rick Santorum put him over the top.
We will never get rid of specter, because despite the GOP crying outrage over Specters shenanigans, at the end of the day, they come home to support him.
Specter can do whatever he wants, and he knows the GOP machine will support and endorse him when it matter most (election time).

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
The possibility of a second "political adjustment" in America keeps creeping closer.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its happened in every other country in history, why not?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I fear there will come a day when you will wish "dubya" was still there......

That day is already here for me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crowrifle
The problem is that the American populous is more interested in who is winning American Idol than who is running our country and congress.

Term limits is the only remedy for the debacle that we call congress.

I like term limits in theory, but there is a drawback. The major flaw with terms limits is that it can cause major and substantial power swings.

Where do you think the balance of power would be if ALL of the Senate were up for re-election last November. What if there were NO incumbent Republicans around to hold seats in the House?

With the mood of the electorate and media Obama love fest coupled with general anti-Bush sentiment, the Left could have 70 seats in the Senate and 400 seats in the House.

That would be a dangerous situation, wouldn't you say?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
Why Pennsylvania, why?

Spector is the lowest of politicians. He votes with the wind and in his case the wind comes out of Philadelphia. He is the first pro 2nd amendment politician I have voted against, and you can be sure he will turn on us when the opportunity is right for him to do so. He can't be trusted with what he said yesterday or how he will respond in the future. He is an arrogant sob and self serving to the extreme. His own little kingdom takes precedence over all else and thus he is nothing but mercury in the hands of who has power and what they want to do with him. I loath him above all other politicians even if he would have voted the other way in this case.

Penn. is like many states in that Philadelphia and Pittsburgh which are strongly democratic and liberal control its political direction. The rest of the state is essentially conservative, however don't have the numbers to override the two largest cities.

Last edited by battue; 02/12/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as there people who really believe that Obama can give them a car, or pay for their gasoline and mortgage, or give them a home, those like Specter will continue to be elected.
I have trouble believing that such people exist but I've seen too many examples since the election.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,518
Posts18,490,962
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.