Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This sweet little monster found his way to my bedside table where my Coach glasses lay...not bothering anyone. Wally decided that they needed a good chewing. There is nothing left but glass and broken pieces of the frames. $600.00 down the drain.....

Is it legal to kill a dog for chewing up glasses????????

[Linked Image]

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
One of my hunting pards adopted an abused mutt (1/2 Shep and 1/2 yellow lab). The old boy was skittish as hell, but showed a lot of potential.

My pard just had false teeth made and wasn't used to them. He eats his supper and, for some reason, pulls the damn things out and sets them on the coffee table. He gets up to put up his plates and hears a "CRUNCH". He looks over and the mutt has made his falsies into little bittie pieces. I think that one cost him around $2500 or so.

The dog is still alive and has learned some valuable lessons. He did spend a few days outside, though.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wally is such a pud he would die if I put him out all night. He did spend some quality time in the kennel though!

-Gen. Patton
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sure hope those teeth caused some pain when the dog got "through" with them. Or would that be, when the teeth got through the dog?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
No wonder he replaced the set, I wouldn't put them in my mouth after that

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wally warns that the pursuit of material possessions is fleeting because, in the end, the material world is a deception.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh...that pic is me with little to no make up on and my favorite Auburn ball cap covering up my chemo hair. I think being sick has made me lose all pride...well some of it anyway.

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Wally warns that the pursuit of material possessions is fleeting because, in the end, the material world is a deception.

Well...I never considered glasses a material posession...more of a necessity. Especially for the blind folks like me.

-Gen. Patton
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
How about when your dog eats a check for $5,000.00............

One summer afternoon my yougest sister brought over a check from the estate sale. Left it on the coffee table and I walked her to her car carrying my niece. My wife came out a few minutes later to say good-bye and she ran back into the house only to find the check in the dogs mouth.

We were still talking in the driveway when my wife came out and told my sister that there was a problem with the check. My sister asked what's wrong with it. My wife explained that it only had her name and address in the upper left hand corner and also pay to the order of. She looked at what was left and had this big smirk on her face. She did bring me another check the next day which went right into my wallet.

P.S. The dog is still alive. smile

Ken

Last edited by firearms44; 02/15/09.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If damage by a dog exceeds its worth, it's going to the big bone patch in the sky. To date we have not had to enforce that rule, but that's the understanding in our home. They are pets, not children.

To date the wife and I have gone through 2 dogs that lived long wonderful lives. As difficult as it was, when they reached the point where they could no longer function, we went to one of their favorite places and took care of the deed ourselves.

We've had friends whose dogs have destroyed pillows, chewed up carpets, chair legs, dug holes in dry wall, and destroyed couches. The first of those infractions would have meant bye bye.

1Minute
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
May be legal but would you? Naw. We've had some stuff messed up over the years, but it could all be replaced. With some discipline, and some care in placing things out of reach, we've survived together. Besides, you have gorgeous eyes, now that we can see them. wink

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Puppies are such fun! I just dropped my glasses off for new lenses and ear pieces. The cat knocked my glasses on the floor and Boo had a good old time with them. Only time I have ever bought glasses without the repair insurance but at the time I wasn't planning on having a puppy around.

She really hasn't done much chewing except for those glasses and any paper she can manage to get out of the trash can. She's our little paper shredder.

Had one dog chew up my mom's dentures about a week after he had chewed up every shoe I owned and at the time I owned a lot of shoes. laugh It just goes with having puppies around.

Sassy

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
While talking to a cattle rancher one Sat. afternoon, without looking at his cow dog, he said "get in the truck". The dog immediately got in the bed of his pick-up.
I said he had a smart dog.
He said the dumb ones don't live long.
Allan

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kat , it is perfectly legal to kill them as long as they aren't white with brown eyes and noses and weigh less than 15 pounds. I think you are stuck with the terror.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lost a favorite shoe to our neighbors barking machines.
Instead of shooting him just have a picture of Nick Saban made up.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have more faith and love for most dogs, than I do compared to most people I meet in this world any more...

My GD ex wife, when we divorced 22 year ago... the very first thing she did was have the two dogs I had gotten for our kids, taken out and shot by her stupid brother in law...

then she told my daughters, (aged 6, 4 and 2).. that the doggies ran away with daddy....

so much for a person who claimed not to like guns...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NurseKat
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe

Well...I never considered glasses a material posession...more of a necessity. Especially for the blind folks like me.

I shouldnt type everything I think. Wally really did give me reason to reflect last night, so maybe your glasses didnt die in vain. smile

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootinurse
May be legal but would you? Naw. We've had some stuff messed up over the years, but it could all be replaced. With some discipline, and some care in placing things out of reach, we've survived together. Besides, you have gorgeous eyes, now that we can see them. wink

(You are sweet..!)
Nah..I guess I will keep him. I was just so aggravated with him yesterday. No eye places open to get a new pair of contacts or anything yesterday. ARRGGHHHH!!! cry

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If he ever starts chewing shoes we will have an even bigger problem!!

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NurseKat
Oh...that pic is me with little to no make up on and my favorite Auburn ball cap covering up my chemo hair. I think being sick has made me lose all pride...well some of it anyway.

Kat, I hope you are feeling better as I know this must be a difficult time for you.......and.......... by the way that is an awesome picture of you and your therapy dog smile !

Therapy dogs need to chew like any other dog..............and...............maybe he was trying to tell you his vision needs attention! grin

Take care. smile

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,781
Posts18,515,729
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.