Print Thread
Hop To
A
Auger01 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
It�s a stiller predator with a Krieger barrel chambered in 25-06 with a Remington varmint contour. The stock is a McMillan varmint in a "coyote bomber" pattern. The trigger is a Jewell and the Williams bottom metal rounds out the package.

To say that I am pleased with the way it came together is a bit of an understatement. Karl built it just the way I asked and his work is flawless. Apologies for the poor quality pictures, my photography skills are quite limited.

I ordered the rings today, so hopefully I will be able to shoot it when they arrive. I will post some targets maybe in a week or so.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It was made on the wrong hand grin

Friend you have a very nice gun. Wish you luck with it.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

J
J
Originally Posted by Auger01
It�s a stiller predator with a Krieger barrel chambered in 25-06 with a Remington varmint contour. The stock is a McMillan varmint in a "coyote bomber" pattern. The trigger is a Jewell and the Williams bottom metal rounds out the package.

To say that I am pleased with the way it came together is a bit of an understatement. Karl built it just the way I asked and his work is flawless. Apologies for the poor quality pictures, my photography skills are quite limited.

I ordered the rings today, so hopefully I will be able to shoot it when they arrive. I will post some targets maybe in a week or so.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fantastic looking Rifle
any chance of a close up picture of the fit between the williams bottom metal and the stock ?
Did you order the stock inletted for the williams ?
Sorry for hijacking your thread with my questions,but I am having problems with my williams to stock fit
Thanks Jason

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like one hell of a Texas tower-rifle. I'm becoming fond of that varmint pattern.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking good.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I like that a lot - congrats to you on a fine gun. Will have to let us know how well it shoots - which I'm sure it will.
Thanks for the pictures.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
How about the specs?

which stock/ color %
barrel make/contour/length
wieght
ect,ect

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

That picture got my attention. First its a Lefty, then a Stiller and then the Shiner to toast it as a Texas rifle. With the Jewell that makes three fine Texas products.

Bet it will shoot as good as it looks.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
what options did you get on the action. I ordered one last week for a build I have been wanting to do and was just curious.
Can't wait for your post to see how it shoots. Sure is a great lookin

A
Auger01 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JasonShore
Originally Posted by Auger01

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fantastic looking Rifle
any chance of a close up picture of the fit between the williams bottom metal and the stock ?
Did you order the stock inletted for the williams ?
Sorry for hijacking your thread with my questions,but I am having problems with my williams to stock fit
Thanks Jason

Yes, I ordered the stock with the "new Williams" inlet. The metal fit pretty well, however there was a slight gap in front of the forward screw as you can see in the picture.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It appears in the picture that the latch is not closed all the way due to the door contacting the stock?

A
Auger01 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
"It�s a stiller predator with a Krieger barrel chambered in 25-06 with a Remington varmint contour. The stock is a McMillan varmint in a "coyote bomber" pattern. The trigger is a Jewell and the Williams bottom metal rounds out the package."

The coyote Bomber is 50% Dark Grey, 25% med tan, 25% black.

The rifle weighs 10 lbs 2oz without the scope. With the Nightforce scope it will probably be slightly over 12 lbs. Not exacty a sheep rifle, but I dont plan to carry it very far.

A
Auger01 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Aggie Cowboy
what options did you get on the action. I ordered one last week for a build I have been wanting to do and was just curious.
Can't wait for your post to see how it shoots. Sure is a great lookin

I think the only option I got was the pinned oversize lug. Other that nothing special from stiller. However, Karl went ahead and double pinned the lug and trued the face of the bolt. He also installed a sleeve on the back of the bolt to tighten it up a bit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bxroads
It appears in the picture that the latch is not closed all the way due to the door contacting the stock?

Auger, am I seeing wrong or is the latch is not closing all of the way?

A
Auger01 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

Auger, am I seeing wrong or is the latch is not closing all of the way?

It closes fine. If you look at the pictures at the beginning of the thread, you can see the latch is flush with the bow and the metal is closed. I could probably get a better picture of that if you like.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No need for another picture. I see what you mean in your other pictures, it is flush with the bow.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The bolt is on the wrong side wink

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 117LBS, 21, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,386
Posts18,527,640
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.