Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I am sure this has been discussed here before, but I saw this reloading software that looked pretty interesting to me. It is the Load-from-Disk software. I have also seen the reference to Quick load on this forum. Is there one that's the best? The Load-from-Disk software is like $65; how expensive is Quick Load?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
QuickLOAD is, IIRC, about $150 and well worth it.

I used several versions of Load from a Disk (LfaD) for several years and liked it very much, but I went to it less and less often as I used QuickLOAD more and more. Now I don't use LfaD at all.

I do use Oehler's Ballistic Explorer a lot, too � with data from QuickLOAD as well as data from my chronographs. It costs about the same as LfaD and compares otherwise very well with LfaD.

I wouldn't like to have to get along without either QuickLOAD or Ballistic Explorer. (Which reminds me � I don't think that I've up-graded to the latest version of either one!)

Check http://www.neconos.com/ for QuickLOAD.

Check http://www.oehler-research.com/explore.html for Ballistic Explorer.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the advice. Your honest opinions are always appreciated. I went on the neconos.com site and also saw that they had the QuickDESIGN program as well. I would like to draw some cartridges and thought that this might be a good program for me. Have you any experience with the QuickDESIGN software? I think you use AutoCAD for all your case drawings? Correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used an old version of AutoCAD before Hartmut came-up with QuickDESIGN. Like QuickLOAD, QuickDESIGN is a very sophisticated program � with several very nice features that AutoCAD doesn't have.

"Good enough" isn't.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ken, I use LFAD as a check to QD/QL but there's no way to export/import the data. Does Ballistic Explorer allow the import of QL data?

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes � in a way.

The exporter-importer that I use is a transfer device known as Ken Howell, with a keyboard, one eye, and a couple of fingers.

"Good enough" isn't.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The same device I use...I was hoping an algorithm would replace the hardware, which in my case is becoming slower and slower over time (and more prone to errors as Horner's effects grow). Would make a great add-on for Hartmut...$9.95 for a LFAD module, BE module, etc.

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 21, 66 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,389
Posts18,527,717
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.