Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Just wanted some feedback. I was happy this Christmas to open a new Burris 4X14. All the paperwork on and in the box indicated a ballistic plex reticle, but inside was a brand new scope only in Duplex reticle. So the day after XMas I sent it to Burris explaining the problem. Its two months later and I still dont have the scope. One time I called and they were putting a new reticle in it. I called later and they said they couldnt repair it cause it they didnt have the parts. I said there is no repair its a new scope. They said the lense was cracked. I said impossible I said its brand new. They finally offered my 75% off a new scope. I said I had already purchased one. They finally said they would sent me a new BP scope today so I will wait and see if they do.....

Anyone have experiences good or bad to share about Burris? I would feel reassured if most were positive. I wonder if my problems are typical cause I am worried if I actually do have problems with the scope. I must be confused by what "forever warranty" means. I sure wish at this point I would have bought a Leupold. They seemed to think I was scamming them somehow but I cant figure out what the scam would be....

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm not saying that they are not being a pain, but wouldn't something like that be easier handled by taking it back to the retailer and saying, "Hey this scope is supposed to have a BP but it just has a plex"?

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Good suggestion...I remember when I noticed the problem the woman who gave it to me said she would take it back and exchange it and I said "Dont worry, Ill just send it back as they have a great warranty."

It just seemed so simple to exchange a new scope for a new scope I didnt consider there would be a problem. I now worry if the scope actually does break? I mean will I need a team of attorneys? I once send in a 20 year old Leupold scope whose reticle broke and they sent it back pronto no questions asked so I wasnt used to this.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
And as you noted the scope isn't actually broken and you think that the people at Burris seem to think you may be scamming them. They may be thinking, "This guy is just trying to get a free upgrade to a BP. If that had really happened, he would have just exchanged it at the store." Sending you a new scope when your old one is clearly broken is one thing. Sending someone a different model just because he changed his mind is another. At least that may be what they are thinking.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing so I looked up the price difference of Duplex and Ballistic Plex. Exactly $7.00 or half what I paid for shipping and not worth it for Burris to ruin customer relations right?

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
If the Burris box is like Leupold, the serial number is on the label. The serial number on the scope matching the label on the box should clearly indicate the reticle that was to have been in the scope?

2 months wait is inexcusable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How about returning a scope with a reticle rotated 45 degrees... three times because the first two times they could find nothing wrong! It only took a couple months each time it was sent in...

Could not give me a Burris...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Burris scopes are the reason God invented open sights.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tried out one of the Burris "Posi-Locks" a few years back. Turns out, whenever I would get the rifle lined in and tighten the screw to "lock" the reticle, it would move my point of impact. That scope was sold, replaced with a Leupold, and everyone lived happily forever after.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had a 2x7 Compact that developed flecks of stuff floating around. I've also had this happen with a Zeiss and a Leupold, so that in itself wasn't so bad. The customer device I got, however, was the epitome of [bleep]. Took forever, and they flat-out lied to me twice (saying it had shipped).

Oh.... it still has flecks.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I had a 2x7 Compact that developed flecks of stuff floating around. I've also had this happen with a Zeiss and a Leupold, so that in itself wasn't so bad. The customer device I got, however, was the epitome of [bleep]. Took forever, and they flat-out lied to me twice (saying it had shipped).

Oh.... it still has flecks.

I'm starting to think you have flecks floating around in your eyes.

just kidding Jeff wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude... no kidding.

I kind of forgot about the Leupold that has it, actually it's not a fleck, it's a little cresecent-shaped hair or whatever. Gotta get that up to Loopy; they'll take care of it quickly no doubt.

My Zeiss 3.5x10 has a little spot appeared one day, left for a while, then showed up somewhere else. The .338 seems to move it around. I'm in denial; hoping it will just go away. Not real interested in testing out Zeiss CS.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I personally delivered a Signature binoculat to the factory up the road in Greeley for bbl realignment several years ago. I didn't see that bino for 8 months. They said they cleaned it, tightened a few things here and there, but couldn't find any problem.

I stuck with Leupold scopes and Lieca binos and lived happily ever after.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Well, there may be some progress. Maybe Burris reads 24 hour campfire. Out of the blue I got a call from Burris today and they said they would send me a BP scope and throw in target knobs for free for my trouble and they were very nice and pleasant. I will still wait to see if I get it but if I do I will do a thorough review as its one of the new Timberline models and I want to see if it can handle the pounding of my .300 wsm. I already know my Leupold can but I was trying to save some cash while getting some additional features. Thanks for the support...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I cant comment on Burris service because I have been carrying their scopes on various rifles all over North America for a good many years and never had the first problem. I think dollar for dollar you get more scope with a Burris than any other make.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've had good service from them...Only needed it once...in about 20 yrs. Good company I think.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have sent one back took a couple of weeks but was fixed right.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm in the process of solving scope problems on my hunting rifles, those that actually see action. I'm talking maybe five rifles here. They are all going to wear 4X or 6X Leupold's. I'll still own and use other scopes, just not on one that's going to hunt hard.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have owned a number of Burris scopes and the only one I had any trouble with was a 4x12 compact. I sent it back and they took care of it right away. I quickly traded it off as I didn't like the tiny eye box that is common on compact scopes. I had a 2-7 fullfield I that went over 2500 rounds on a 300 WBY and then another 2000 on a 7mm-08 and is still going strong. Too bad you guys are having all these problems.

The only optics company I have had trouble with is Bushnell.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,111
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.