Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Hey Tim-if you get the chance would you be able to weigh the stock on your 375 for me?

Thx
Dober

Dober my stock is 27oz w/o the bottom metal 34oz with.

My setup sits around 8lbs with a 3-9x42 Kahles w/ TDS reticle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thx Huntem

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark,
I pm'd you the weights on my 375 ouch and ouch(Leupy scope and Talley lightweights) came in at 7.9 lbs.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thx, remind me which scope is that?

That is a worlds supply of hunt rig there isn't it. It and a 270 and a 223 and one can conquer the planet...grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VXIII 2.5-8X.

A 223, 270 and 375 sounds like a nice set indeed.
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 340boy
A 223, 270 and 375 sounds like a nice set indeed.
grin

Yep, it is all a man would ever truly need.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching. -Bill
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_XCR_specs.asp

Found it, what a POS website Remington has - their search engine is infantile.

Nice rifle though. Under 8 pounds will make it pretty lively, but the price is right.

Just bought this same rifle, although I've not shot it yet, I think(hope) it will be a good one.

Did they put some decent iron sights on that model?

Are they express type and of decent quality?

Not that it makes a huge difference. Just curious.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lodgepole
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_XCR_specs.asp

Nice rifle though. Under 8 pounds will make it pretty lively, but the price is right.

Just bought this same rifle, although I've not shot it yet, I think(hope) it will be a good one.

Lodgepole,
I don't have much experience with iron sights, but these on the XCR look fairly sturdy, if I get a chance I will post some pics of the sights on this thread.

James Elroy Flecker

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lodgepole

Lodgepole,
I don't have much experience with iron sights, but these on the XCR look fairly sturdy, if I get a chance I will post some pics of the sights on this thread.

I was just wondering because when Savage was chambering their 116FSS in 375 H&H they were putting a pretty nice set of Williams sights on them. Last I looked Savage quit making the 116FSS in 375. Bummer.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Id buy it. Every rem 375 anything has been 800 or more where I'm from in Minnesota. Everyone says the push feed vs controlled feed, but in my experience for $1000 rifle in this caliber. Push feed feeds more reliably. if you go to a $2000+ rifle, Then you should definitely choose a controlled feed and not accept the rifle until it feeds like butter and shoots well. I was looking for a 375 RUM, but the Remington at 7.5 lbs for the RUM seamed to light. So I went with the Ruger. For the H&H, it seems light weight for beginners, but once you get use to it, I will be a great all around rifle.

IC B3

O
O
Picked up the SPS DG 375 H&H last Friday. Ammo finally came in and I went to the range. It seemed to shoot fine as far as I could tell with open sights at 100yds. Out of 35 shots everything was on the paper (12") and you can contribute that variance to my shooting and a couple of flinches. I weighed it when I got home and it came in at 7lbs (that explains the flinches and my sore shoulder).

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
dude, 35 shots in a row!~ smile

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Finally got around to getting it out....

Originally Posted by vacrt2002
Tough composite stock w/ positive checkering. Matte carbon steel action from solid-bar stock. Famous "three rings of steel" strengh. 24" bbl w/ open sights & bbl band. Drilled/tapped for mounts. X-MARK Pro Trigger is adjustable. Nice recoil-reducing R3 pad, a embellished hinged floor plate w/ Special Engraving & studs.

It's SPS. I have one (not DG version) the SPS, CAS coated it, floated it and wrapped in a mcswirly. Would love to show you, but it's in storage in VA and I'm CT. Maybe next month I'll get and actually get to pull the trigger. I only had it a week before I moved...........gl
[Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by vacrt2002; 02/21/09. Reason: add pic

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice vacrt2002, I have one of the SPS DG's on order. I'm planning on putting it in a CDL stock when it gets here. Probably glass bed it to hopefully to keep the stock intact. Hope it works out good.

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Thanks.......CAS did and great job on the cerakote and putting together.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's one of these DG M700's, new, at my local gunshop. They keep telling me they'll make me a he'll of a deal on it. Anyone wants one right NOW, let me know and I'll hook ya up!

I want it... But I can't even begin to rationalize one for the critters I hunt...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Maybe the wrong forum, but I have Warne QR (new to me)on this 375, they seem really solid. Should I blue (med) locktite the bottom four screws? I did the top four.

I blue locktite all of my Talley one piece light weight, because I usually do not remove mounts once their on.**preference**

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Jeff O,
If you need help rationalizing it for deer,
I shot three whitetails with mine this fall.
Shooting the 200 gr FN Sierra bullets at 2200 fps it kicks very little and all three were DRT! I couln't be happier,
unless I draw a moose tag next year, or a bear tag. wink
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fella's, I picked up my new SPS DG 375 H&H yesterday. It is light thats for sure. I think I may have it coated with ceracote or something like it. I don't like the SPS finish all that much mainly because it rusts easy. Anyway i took it home pulled it out of the stock ,wiped it down with gun oil and cleaned the barrel. This morning I took it to the range with just the open sights and shot a few rounds to get accustomed to it. Now this is the first rifle I've had bigger than my 35 Whelen (or shot).

To be honest I was ready for a whuppin, well it wasn't so bad at all. A little more than my 35 with hot loaded 250's. I also haven't shot open sights much since I was a kid, so groups weren't all that great but did show it'll probably shoot when I get the scope on. With the sights set from the factory it shot 1" low and 2" to the left at 50 yrds. 10 shots with two different types of ammo wasn't too bad I reckon at 2 & 1/4" for the group. The ammo was Remington corelokts 270 gr. and some older Winchester silvertips which I have no clue what grain they are. I like it! I'm going to put a CDL stock on it and a 2.5-8 Leupold on it probably in some Warne QD rings.

Anybody know what grain the silvertips may be? They did seem to kick a little harder. wink

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have had no issues with my Rem 700 in 270 I've had forever (since 1970). Hunted in the mountains, forests and desert with it. Slid down a hill (not planning to) with it. Shot every thing from marmots and crows, javelina, deer, elk and more than a few bears with it. It has it's scratches on both the stock and the barrel but is still shoots nickel sized groups after thousands of rounds through it. It has never failed to feed or eject either and I load my rounds a bit on the hot side (150g Noslers at 3000 fps) ...

I bought a CZ Safari Classic for my 375 H&H, but if I hadn't wanted to potentially rebarrel to a larger caliber I would've bought a remington. I saw a sweet older custom in 375 H&H with the rosewood foreend and grip cap for $1000 ...

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (06hunter59, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.