Print Thread
Hop To
Page 136 of 1,842 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Gonna need a good truck for haulin materials.

like a 75 F250 crew cab, 390/4 spd, 4x4, dana 60 axles I spose.

Boy dave, we sure think alike...That is exactly what I had in mind.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

G
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
That 77/22 is one fine looking rifle. I also like the 77/22 Hornet and the 77/44 would be the cats A$$ for deer hunting in the woods. Nice guns for sure!

I have a Ruger 77/22 Hornet with a Nikon 3-9x40 scope and it sees a lot more action than my Browning Lever Action .22lr. I really like all of the different lines of Ruger rifles.

My son is 14 months old and already has 3 rifles wink. I'm sure I will be buying some more for when he's actually ready to use them.

Its GREAT being a father and dad.

Last edited by Georgiatrout; 02/20/09.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Since I first brought up that Menards deal, which led to the addition on Dave's house....uh, sorry about that Dave. I dont think the fish were planning on biting this summer anyway.
grin grin

Mrs ND, you're welcome. When can I expect my $20?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
scoundrel!

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go back to bed.

Craig

Wood is Good.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
no hope for that. didn't make it till 6AM, 5:45 I was awake in bed staring at the ceiling.

grin

Last edited by northern_dave; 02/21/09.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Probably thinking about that new addition you're going to be building. The economy thanks you!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Probably thinking about that new addition you're going to be building. The economy thanks you!

grin

Well, I just had a great date with the wife. We went to a great new steak house in town. Chef goofed, and we got a FREE steak. What a great dinner. grin

No work done on the basement, FIL had some heart trouble last night, so we spent last night, and today in the hospital. He had an angioplasty for about the 4th time since last July. crazy He gets to come home tomorrow. Well, he gets to come here tomorrow, his old lady is out of state.

Never a "normal" weekend. Just once would be nice...

Tom

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, hope all goes well with your FIL. Saturday would have been a good day to work on the basement because the weather sure sucked.

What is the name of the new steak house? We're always looking for something new to try and Wausau is only a 1/2 drive.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm in the market for a chain saw. Has to have a 20" inch bar as we get into some bigger trees up at camp. Top two choices so far are the Stihl 290 (Farm Boss) and a Husqvarna 455 Rancher.

Anyone have any experience with either of these saws?

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The steak house is called WISH. It is in Weston. Very very good, but pricey. Well worth it IMO.

Chainsaws...I'd stay away from the 290 Farm Boss. Heavy for what you get out of it, and it vibrates like a bastard. If you want to go that big, look at the 310 or 340. They'll handle the 20" bar a lot better, have more power, and won't wreck you hand with vibration.

If you are up this way, stop into Charlie's Hardware in Mosinee, he has a great selection of saws, and a staff that knows their stuff. Great service department. They were $45 less than anybody else on the saw I bought and it was a $300 saw. That is a big difference.

They also have used ones that have been serviced by them. Might want to look into that. They are also the cheapest around on guns.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
dito, the stihls are god saws no doubt but they do tend to weigh in on the heavy side.

johnsred is also a good saw, or has been for me anyways & they tend to weigh in much lighter for there power class.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, will have to give the steak house a try sometime. I'll check out Charlies for sure. Bought my Toro snow blower from them last year.

Dave, thx for the heads up on the Johnsred. I totaly forgot about them.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I haven't been around for a while and a lot sure has happened. The preacher is sick but armed, Dave has been trapped into an addition on the homestead by Mrs. ND and we now have official Camp Chickenbuck body art! Where do we go from here? It boggles my mind.

Spent a few days at the sportsmens' show here in PA. The economy has hit the outdoor industry judging by the deals and discounts at the show. Some very good prices for guided hunts, Canadian fishing vacations, horseback wilderness trips. Long story shortened, I booked a mule deer/antelope hunt for Oct/Nov 2009. Oklahoma/Colorado or Oklahoma/Kansas depending on draw. The first of my "bucket list" hunts is now scheduled.

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good for you on the bukcet list hunts. Very cool.

One of mine is to go to Canada and shoot a monster, thick necked, stinky, rutty, knarly somebitch, and the other is to shoot a bull moose. The destination on the moose doesn't matter much as much as the hunt itself. That is the first hunt on my bucket list.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Rooster,

The doors are driving me nuts. Some of these things you couldn't get more level, and they still close a little harder than they should. crazy

Glad I'm not the only one! I had my doors level and closing perfect and by the next day they must have settled or something and now rub a little when they close. I know what you mean about it making you crazy

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
yep, I'd like to getthat done this summer for sure.

BYON (bring your own nailer ) grin

I'll provide beer & food.

The nailer kit I had was borrowed but I see that Mendards has a set just like it on sale this week for $219.00. It's the Bostich set that comes with the compressor and two nailers. I'm thinking of getting that. I will have many uses for it. Momma told me I could get it on one condition, If I put in a new tub and vanity and knotty pine in the bathroom. How does that work???? confused

Last edited by Rooster7; 02/23/09.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What a weekend. Dad came down friday afternoon and we worked until 10 priming the basement. Then from 8 to 630 on saturday painting and staining. then yesterday from 7 til 430 and then another hour or so after dinner varnishing and tiling the bathroom. Made a lot of progress. The end of the tunnel is in sight! We havent gotten to hanging doors yet.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like a great hunt that you lined up Ray! I just put in for my ND muley archery tag last week. Plan on going over Labor Day weekend. This will be my 5th (or 6th?) trip out there to spot and stalk the bouncy ones. I have only tagged out once on a muley buck. It is not an easy hunt by any means but so fun and relaxing. And breath taking scenery doesn't hurt either. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have the Porter Cable version of what you are talking about Rooster. It has seen many thousands of nais, blood, and swear words, and keeps on trucking.

I'd like to get a Passload gas, nailer, but at almost $400, that is a decent used rifle. I may still do it.

Page 136 of 1,842 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.