Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Thanks for the clarification; I was mis-remembering.

There was another exchange that was with Mannlincher (sorry, thought it was you, now I remember it was him), where I clarified EXACTLY what I supported. Yes, the statement I made to you sure sounds plural to me. So let me try and think of something other than Energy I like about Obama�s platform�Yeah, I got nothing�my bad.

My apologies sir, you DID remember right, and you most certainly DID keep good notes; bravo.

No apologies necessary, Kevin, we're all a little wound up with the state of things.

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
is anyone surprised?

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
S
S

Ruger & S&W are publically traded corporations. Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington and a few others are owned by Cerberus, another publically traded corporation. If such a thing happened at any of those companies, all hell would break loose and the corporate officers in charge would never get a job in a major corporation again.

FYI, Cerberus is privately held, not a publicaly traded company. They are highly secretive about their internals.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ringworm
be advised "closing the gun show loophole" translates to...
make it a felony to enter into a private transaction.
Exactly.

This is by far the biggest threat to our rights overall. Once the ban on private transactions is in place, every new gun purchase will be de-facto registration. As it stands, private transactions are totally legal with no requirement to check the other party out. While this seems reckless, it is the one last thing that insures our guns are not tracked and accounted for by the government. Once you buy a gun now, who is to say you didn't immediately trade it to somebody else whose name you don't know and were never required by law to know? If the ban on private sales passes, the "yellow sheet" will be in your name and if you ever sell or somehow lose the gun, you will be responsible. More than likely, extremely punitive laws will be put in place afterwards to make it a crime to have your gun stolen or lost, not to mention even worse consequences if your gun is found to have been used in the commission of a crime after it was stolen or lost.

I also love how they want to make the ban "permanent". Exactly how is that done? Write it in the law that it is "permanent"? Kind of like the Indians owning their land according to treaty? The last ban had a sunset clause. So what? It can always be overturned by a friendly administration and congress.

There must be a reason Holder is talking and not Obama...
It takes a lot more courage to vote to eliminate a gun ban than it does to not vote to prevent a sunset.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
They'll be back soon enough, to let you know that Hussein is really no different than Bush, that it's all Bush's fault, and that BHO's plan will save us all from ourselves.

Same schit; different day.
I think there are only a few who said there was no difference. What many of us said, though, was that it was a choice between bad and very bad. That's not much of a choice.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Once the ban on private transactions is in place, every new gun purchase will be de-facto registration.

Hardly.

What will happen is that the black market will balloon terrifically. Somebody at Ruger (say) will take a bunch of off-the-books money to let somebody steal a truckload of guns; those guns will then be available for tax-free cash to folks who are connected enough to know how to get them.

Oh--and who properly understand the phrase "law-abiding citizen" to mean "chump" rather than "man of honor." There was a season during which a man of honor could conscientiously abide by the laws of the land in this country, but that season is drawing quickly to a close.

Instead of making guns harder to get, such a law will make guns easier to get. Instead of garnering more information for the State about gun owners, it will mean that much less is collected. Instead of pulling in more revenue for the State, it will pull in less.

It'll work out to be just another example of the State trying to accomplish something and instead accomplishing its direct opposite.

For years I've been saying that I hope they come for our guns sooner than later: time is not on our side.
Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how Obama will feel after the S.S. stop hanging around when his term(s) is up, and he unarmed being against guns?

Will he feel that he and his family are safe because of laws, so much so that he wishes not to own a firearm? Or his wife own one?

Every politician who votes anti-gun, should be prohibited from owning ANY guns, and that information should be given out to the public. For why should they fear that criminals will care if they are unarmed......once they outlaw guns? Those anti-gun laws will guarantee their safety correct?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by 65BR
I wonder how Obama will feel after the S.S. stop hanging around when his term(s) is up, and he unarmed being against guns?

Will he feel that he and his family are safe because of laws, so much so that he wishes not to own a firearm? Or his wife own one?

Every politician who votes anti-gun, should be prohibited from owning ANY guns, and that information should be given out to the public. For why should they fear that criminals will care if they are unarmed......once they outlaw guns? Those anti-gun laws will guarantee their safety correct?

BHO, just like all POTUS, get Secret Service protection details for life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As VA stated you didn't realize that all former POTUS's get Secret Service security for life. This along with some other good bennies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I had the chance to discuss this article with a local Sheriff's Deputy this morning. He was mad as hell at the prospect of tighter gun laws. He said the general consensus among his department was that they would rather all quit than try to enforce such laws on the law abiding citizens of the county.
I'm sure many LEO's and military/Nat'l Guard will feel the same way, but few save the most principled will resign. They will quickly come to realize that the only way they will keep their guns, is to maintain their profession. They will also understand that if they resign on principle, someone else will gladly take their positions and enforce the laws that come down.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That's very true. Many places will have no shortage of bodies to take their duties.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
IF there is a problem with U.S. guns going to Mexico as the Chosen One's AG said (which I seriously doubt is a real issue), the answer is clearly to seal the border so that no guns can go from here to there without going through proper channels. It's really that simple.

And at the same time stop the flow of drugs and illegals. It is the perfect solution but it will never happen. The mexican goverment would go nuts over the loss of revenue and the left would lose a good chunk of their voters overnight.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought I read somewhere that due to changes approved during the 90's, W will be the first president that doesn't get SS protection for life. Of course, there may be an affirmitive action clause to invoke for the chosen one.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even in America these semi automatic "Assault " weapons are mostly used for hunting, recreational shooting and I guess by some home defense. If our goverment would just have the balls to deal with criminals in the correct manner most of our inner city gun violence would be gone. These are not the law abiding hunters that I know.. People that use their firearms for recreational hunting and shooting. These are criminals that the decaying and liberalized laws of America has left on the street to terrorize our cities. Our politicians need to get this one right. Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think that was a pretty good explanation of how things are done in the gun industry Kevin. Barak is totally out to lunch on this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First he will take our guns , next he will take down this site and all internet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off, they're more regulated than most businesses, and sneaking out a large amount of firearms would involve a lot of people bein "in" on it.

If it was going to be a regular thing, yes, you're right; but not just once or twice. You'd have to have at least one person be "careless" enough to let the truck get "stolen," and one person who was savvy enough to launder the money from the "thieves" back onto the company books. Maybe a couple of others higher up the food chain, but not many.

Second - Like most any manufacturing entity in the US, they all work on a "just in time" logistical model, so even if they used up every last piece of material in building guns, it would be at best a 20% increase in their daily production.

I don't understand.

Most of the big boys, do a lot of sales overseas and have a steady revenue stream independent of US civilian sales.

True. But isn't that mostly tactical stuff for foreign State goons of one sort or another? Are there folks in England or Italy, say, who buy Ruger No. 1s in large numbers? (I picked Ruger rather than Armalite or Bushmaster because I can't think of anything tactical Ruger builds--unless you count the Mini 14, which hopefully most people don't.)

Contrary to popular belief, many of the larger gun companies support some of the gun legislation.

Good point.

Ruger & S&W are publically traded corporations. Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington and a few others are owned by Cerberus, another publically traded corporation. If such a thing happened at any of those companies, all hell would break loose and the corporate officers in charge would never get a job in a major corporation again.

I figure if something like that did happen, it'd be after State policy had hurt the company enough that it would have already gone through several generations of corporate officers and be kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to stay alive.

The risks FAR outweigh the potential benefits...just have to think it through and follow the money; there's more risk than there is profit for what you propose.

Today, yes. Once the State has hurt the industry enough and generated enough hostility and resentment in the market, the picture might look a little different.

Look: stuff like this used to happen all the time in the old Soviet Union, and even the KGB couldn't stop it. The old Soviet Union is precisely where we're heading, and so far we haven't got anything nearly the caliber of the KGB.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If I'm not mistaken, Cerberus is a privately held management company. It's one of the reasons you can't hold Chrysler stock anymore.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They are private. A whopping 2 out of the entire U.S. firearms industry is publicly held.

The companies likely wouldn't put their necks on the line to sell guns out the back door, it would be distributors and other third parties dealing with government/LE/military contracts. This has happened before.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think we may have a civil war before any of the above happens. I know I'm about at my limit. When they confiscate enough of my pay, property, and liberty I have nothing left to lose.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barnold1
I thought I read somewhere that due to changes approved during the 90's, W will be the first president that doesn't get SS protection for life. Of course, there may be an affirmitive action clause to invoke for the chosen one.....

10 years of protection started with Bush.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 280rem_cm, 270wsmnutt, 300jimmy, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,156
Posts18,523,422
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.