Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations on your promotion Major !

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang.. you're an occifer? And here I thought you worked for a living! grin

Congrats on the promotion AND the new toy! I think you're going to love it, I picked up a 111 in 270 last year and it's a tack driver right out of the box.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on all of the Above. Our wives don't get enough credit for everything we accomplish. Hey on the subject try to catch the DVD Fireproof it will strenghthen your marriage--very realistic portrayal of real life stuff

CR

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hey way to go! Congrads on the promotion! and getting a fine rifle! do you know a Col. Art Austin? I work with him , he over in the sand box again at this time!
John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff
Congrats on the rifle and your promotion.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank-you for serving,Sir.
Congratulation's...on your promotion,and on all you've accomplished.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RAS ,

You are going to love that rifle �� your�s looks to be an American Classic but with the Euro Classic barreled action ( open sights ) �� I like the way it looks � a lot !

Your rifle is the older design . Savage re-designed the classic series by removing the bolt release lever ( on the rear , right side of the receiver ) and relocated a button in front of the trigger guard �.. not to mention the barrel nut - no more wrench flats . They now use a hole for a spanner wrench that will be hidden from sight .

I�ve got a couple rifles from the Classic series ( older style like your's )and will be getting another one either tonight or Monday �.. My new one is one of the newly designed model 14 American Classic chambered in a American Classic � 250 Savage with a 1:10 twist �.. gonna be sweet .

I have a Euro Classic chambered in .308 WCF that I won at � Dealer�s Day � that was held at the Savage factory a couple of years ago � I had them install the Varmint AccuTrigger ( 1.5 lbs ) and is one of the sweetest triggers on any of my sporter rifles .

You are going to love that rifle ��. Oh by the way � congratulations on the promotion Sir �.

Last edited by gd'40EG-300; 02/27/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff, congrats on the promotion. Those bolt action Savages can spoil you very easily when you put them on paper, trust me! Nice looking rifle you got there, enjoy.

Semper Fi.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Sounds like your wife and mine are cut from the same cloth, AREN'T WE THE LUCKY ONES! By the way, nice rifle you'll like the way it shoots. Never owned a Savage that didn't shoot and I've owned a bunch.

How a man acts when he wins reveals part of his character, how he acts when he loses reveals the rest.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations Jeff...

MAJOR...!!!

That is a "HUGE" accomplishment...!!!

Nice rifle too... grin

Mike...

All said, the Savage 99 is a genius of a rifle. Although no longer produced, it remains highly revered, as it was the foundation from which Arthur Savage built one of America's great gun companies. >> (Jon Y. Wolfe) <<
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations Jeff !! On the bump and a nice rifle. Just curious...Army or Marines?

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Major Jeff,
Congrats on the promotion and the new rifle.We're all very proud of you.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 9 invisible), 1,196 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,229
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.