-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now wait just a dadgum (should that be goshdarned?) minute, you two! I resemble those remarks [Linked Image] badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I actually picked my name over on the Outdoor Life board. Was over there because I was looking for some community, and I remembered the old Outdoor Life forum on CompuServe. I still stray by there every couple of months or so, but it's a magnet for whackos. I did some kind of information-based search that led me to shooters, found some good info and hung out quite a bit. I assume I don't have to explain why the handle. Was born in Fairbanks in 1948 (no hospital in McGrath, with it's sub-200 population and couple of miles of road that went nowhere else). Family left in 1956, I never have been back, but my love for Alaska has never flagged. Gotta get back up there real soon. Best, Rex

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Obviously I am a trout fisherman from the mountains?? (grin)<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK then, where does the clown suit come in then? [Linked Image] badger.<P>------------------<BR>Happiness is a bughole...

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My first name is Melodi.... [Linked Image]

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
IC B2

This is my first post here.My favorite gun for deer huhting is the 250-3000 savage.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
My initials = K. W. (pretty obvious, huh?)

Keep off the Ridgeline!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
For someone who's supposed to be in a creative business (I run an advertising agency), the source of my handle is banality defined: It's just a combination of parts of my first and last names. <P>Works out pretty good, though, for someone who likes to hunt. <P>But man, let me tell you - the good folks over at the PETA board, they hated my handle. I told 'em it stood for GoatsReallyEmoteGreat,GainingUnderstandingofNewts. Then I was OK. <p>[This message has been edited by greggun (edited February 10, 2001).]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When I first tried to register on nobodycantalk.com I tried to use this handle since it was my current nicname in real life due to my love of hunting and watching Mt.Goats, which is also the way people who know me say I go up hills and get around in the mountains. Since I couldn't have it or a shortened version of my email addy, mrbigbore470, i went for Alaskan Beaststalker since I lived in Alaska at the time and stalked all kinds of beasts that live there. When we all came to the promised land I was also able to get my original handle. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!<P>------------------<BR>"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Howdy everybody, Oulu is the itty bitty town <BR>in Northern Wisconsin that I will always call home. Finn is 'cause of my Finnish<BR>heritage. <P>On another subject. The tumbleweeds are blowing through tripledubyadotifyouhaveanopiniongetoutdotcom<BR>It's like a ghost town.....Perty smart fellers over there....lol<P>I'm really happy to be a part of this forum<BR>& hope to keep learning from all the experience in here. Oulufinn

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherry named me "need one", because every time we went into a sporting store and I saw something new I told her I need one.

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Long story short...I think Teddy Roosevelt did many great things,and stood for many more..... [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View...;p=39779112&sequences=0&res=high[/img] ...I also have a vocation,that accounts for such a "handle".........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big Stick... Back in high school, I took this test that was supposed to determine what I was best at, what I would do for a living. A Logger was first, then an oiler(mechanic). I tortured myself with various jobs in sales, but luckily I made my hobby my living. <BR>I got to hand it to you, 'Stick, thats a lot of hard work you do there. ~~~Suluuq (the ivory carver)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Suluuq,they didn't have a test that went LOW enough,to measure my aptitude. I was always a dummy,and it isn't looking to change. A brain transplant,would be my best odds. Until then,I'll limp along. I much enjoy my job,it comes with much freedom,and you get to do it outside. I can think of worse jobs(and certainly MANY,that are better)....... [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View...;p=39779287&sequences=0&res=high[/img]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Related to the best caliber designed for my needs. The rifle is a blued Ruger 77, in a Brown precision stock, of good design. Short, light package yet easy to shoot. <BR>This is MY rifle...

Age quod agis
B
B
In recent years I have found myself in the woods looking for larger, smarter and more difficult to hunt bucks. Add in a new found love of bow hunting and video hunting. This means I will pass up the ones I used to take and see more bucks of all sizes. Does'nt matter if they are a flat head ,a spike ,a 12pt or even larger,I know my heart will be pounding and my eyes will be big .thus Buckeyed

my thoughts in the woods" Man, there's just too many freaking squirrels around here"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Fairly self explanatory I guess... whitetail hunting here in GA consumes the far majority of my outdoors life. Even when out small game hunting (when deer season is closed of course) I always find myself getting distracted with scouting old mossyhorns.<P>Came close to choosing shortnfat due to my adoration of the 300WSM and its yet to be announce siblings, and lightweight mountain rifles in general....<P>Greg

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick: my friend you are very modest about your abilities. Certainly you could give many a gun writer a run for the money. I see you took a picture on the only sunny day last year. That was July 17 wasn't it? [Linked Image] pak is Pete/Alaska.pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Easy, my name is Tom and I live in Knoxville. [Linked Image] <P>------------------<BR>Shoot straight and often!

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last year for my b-day I got my wife to buy me a Magnum Research Lone Eagle in .358 Win what a blast. Sean

"You shouldn't say it is not good. You should say you do not like it; and then, you know, you're perfectly safe." James Whistler
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 358WCF, 308xray, 16 invisible), 15,132 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,974
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.