Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well guys, this is the first time i have had a luppy go bad on me.
i put the nikon monarch on it, that i got with the gun.

just gettin home, but today's conditions to say the least... sucked.
but, i had to shoot.

the wind is blowing about 20-30 mph, with higher gusts.
here's the range flag standing straight out. tumble weeds were rolling cross range, and the dust !

[Linked Image]

i did a quick bore sight looking down the barrel at my targets, then up thru the scope.
moved it a bit, and was ready to fire.

here are the first 3 shots with 48.0 grains of reloader 19 and 120 grain speer hot cor's set at 0.030 off the lands.
i tried to wait for minutes for the hard gusts to die down, and shot when it felt calm enough.
i was impressed, but not confident yet.....

[Linked Image]

i moved the scope 13 clicks up and 7 right, and fired again.. hmm, a bit low, but the wind was have'n me and rifle, and the wind just would not stop howling for very long.
fired the next 2 and called it quits, as the dust was eating my face up and i just couldn't hang onto the rifle very steady amymore.
but i just had to fire one more, and it about cut the 1st shot just 1/4" higher. i took the pic, while letting the barrel cool and didn't take a last one because i was sick of the wind.
[Linked Image]
yep, scope issues. now to send it back to luppy and get them to look it over and fix it.
it' the first time in a lloooooong time of owning luppy's, that i had a problem.

so it's now full length bedded, and decent scope on it, and 120 speers shoot pretty darn good.

now for more experimenting with 129 hornady's and i think i'm going to try 120 barnes tsx's next, instead of the 130's....

there is the tale of the remmy mtn rifle from hell, and all that was done to make it shoot better, but it was an optic issue all along.
hope someone else learns from this and checks the scope first....

Last edited by splattermatic; 02/28/09. Reason: fixed some bad things
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You call that a bad day at the range??

[Linked Image]

Trade ya laugh It looks downright tropical in NM right about now. We just had another 8" of snow last night up in the hills (and winds up to 40 MPH)

I'm willing to bet the Loopy broke the erector spring. Imagine a truck leaf spring folded in half over hte axle and your close. Any mechanical device fails sooner or later. Granted the seller of the scope probably knew he juiced it frown

Get it fixed, I'm sure on a 6.5 it'll outlive you...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
splattermatic-I sent you a PM in regards to the scope I sold you. I had the scope mounted on a pump 30-06 for years w/o a problem. Friction Leupolds have never tracked perfectly, however if you dont like the scope, suspect it is broken, etc. I will buy it back. I have sold/traded many scopes on here and never had any problem.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
no worries tom, i'll send it back and get it fixed.
i just shake my head i didn't check the scope at first., before chasing my tail, thinking it was the light barreled lil gun.

it's a machine, it could have let go, when i cranked on it, to get it zero'd. just jumping to conclusions, and finger pointing, instead of at myself.

Last edited by splattermatic; 02/28/09.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 22kHornet, 61 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,596
Posts18,511,323
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.