That should help stimulate the economy!! Nice truck, Bruce

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by bucktail
Bet the one I found you was cheaper...

Listen here Bucktail!! This whole damn thing is your fault & I'm dead serious!!

Bucktail sends an internet link to craigs list for a 1975 F250 crew cab with a 390 & a 4 speed & that's what planted the damn seed!!

It's your fault!! Completely!! It just snowballed from there into this!!

grin

serious tho, it is your fault BT (thank you grin )

Anyways, it's an 05 so no, not new. very new to me though.

as you can see, crew cab short box, it's a lariat so it's nicely loaded with leather interior, it's a diesel, 6.0 with an auto trans. It is an F350, didn't matter so much to me 250 or 350. wasn't loking for 350, it's just what i found.

This is a little different animal than my 2001 F350 with the 7.3

different set of manors, still getting used to it. less displacement than the 7.3 but they are getting some crazy power out of it. This thing will pull the azz out of a goat I tell you. grin

Anyways, We picked it up with 83k on it, brand new tires & I do mean brand new, new tonoue cover (spelling?) new bedliner, floor mats, mud flaps which I haven't put on yet.

Just a really good truck, very happy. I'll do my best to take care of it & hope it returns the favor.

Should be a good hunter hauler for our upcoming elk hunt in Colorado this October too.

I've always wanted a black truck, I have a feeling I'll get tired of trying to keep it clean though grin

Last edited by northern_dave; 02/28/09.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So I'm not married, so I don't really have much of an understanding of marital politics. You get vetoed for an $1100truck, but get approved for a truck that's probably north of 20k. It's the same thing as tzone. He comes home with a sub 1k truck & gets vetoed, but gets something costing somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k. I understand that none of us really understands women, but what's up with that?
There's a pic elsewhere in this thread of your half ton pulling your tractor on a trailer. It looks like a bit much for the half ton. I just looked on craigslist earlier today and the 75 was still there. If I was a ford guy I'd have it by now. Happy new pickup. I just switched to a Dakota a few weeks ago myself. My S-10 did pretty well antelope hunting with 2 of us last year, but 1 more suicide door would have been nice, and when we went out with 3 of us, we needed to take a different pickup.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,
VERY nice truck.I know you and family will be happy with it.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks guys.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great looking truck Dave. Should give you years of good service. No doubt you had to stop and pick up a remodel magazine for Pam so that she can start plans for the addition now that you have your truck.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
HEYYYY YALL!!! im back!! i see you all like MY new truck!!! i do to.. hahaha!! dads just jealous so he said it was his.. i'll forgive him this time.. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let ole dad use it from time to time, like when the tanks low!! smile

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
WOW I've got a Ton of reading to do yet to get caught up with you guys. Looks like ChickenBuck has a new roadtrip truck parked in the drive at some point in time. Nice rig Weezy!!!

Me I'm flat out beat, bout to fall asleep here as I type, been gone with kiddo on a snowgoose extravaganza. We've shot a few geese set and reset over 3000 decoys in the last few weeks many times. Party at the camp a few nights with guitar music and harmonics from a couple of guys, ate TBones,slept in the decoy trailer on comfy fullsize matress's dog in toe. My truck has drank a few gallons of gas,Kiddo has had some MountainDew and orange juice, I've drank gallons of coffee and some top of the line scotch and crown royal delux, the kerosene lanterns have drank about half a gallon of thier juice and the stove ate a few pieces of wood.

All in all twas alot of work and alot of FUN too. For now Hi from the wabo family and carry on ladies and gents, Good to see the fire still burning brightly at ChickenBuck....

Last edited by wabo; 03/01/09.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by weezy
HEYYYY YALL!!! im back!! i see you all like MY new truck!!! i do to.. hahaha!! dads just jealous so he said it was his.. i'll forgive him this time.. grin

in your dreams kid.

Wabo, that sounds like a great time! Too cold up here to hunt anything.

If it aint covered in thick fur & fighting to stay alive or burried deep in the ground it's all dead & frozen solid.

Minnesota, it does wear on a guy this time of year.

crazy

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Last night it started snowing.We got three to four inches of light fluffy stuff.It is really pretty.Everything is at a standstill here. Nothing open.Schools closed.We get one good snowfall a year here,usually in March, and it is the self shoveling kind.The sun comes out the next morning and melts it all which is what is happening right now at 9AM.I'm thinking all of this will not melt today and it is forecast to be 15 degrees tonight which means sheet of ice tomorrow.
Weezy,great looking truck.You will be the envy of all of your friends.Might wanna let dad drive it once in awhile.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Minus 12 here in Central WI this morning. 31 below up at Land of Lakes, WI. Just plain sick of winter. Might see mid 40's by Wednesday.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
-6 here this morning, supposed to warm up to day time highs in the 20-30 range (above the zero)

that will be nice.

Stan, Pam & I had a little house in jacksonville NC back in 92-94. I only remember it snowing once when we lived down there.

but it certainly was a show stopper just like you said.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice truck Dave, i hope that 6.0 serves you well. i have a Crew Cab Lariat (but not the diesel) as well and I absolutely love it.

Had our Pheasants Forever banquet in Alex over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. Pretty good turnout, down a little bit but not much. We were a little worried about the economy, but I think we will be similar to last years take. I put my wife's name on all our tickets and sure enough her luck held again this year. She won 1st place in the Entertainment Raffle. She had her pick between a small ($189) TV and a Wii. I just smiled and walked away when she asked me what I wanted. I said, it is your call dear. She picked the Wii. Never had one before, though we played it a little already. Dont play video games, but this is a little different, so I will give it a try. Heard you can even lose some weight with one.

Another PF banquet this weekend! Man, these things are a lot of work.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Both of my kids have Wii's and love them. They have the Workout option and boxing game. Both will tire you out.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice Truck Weezy!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No! No! No!!

knock it off you guys!!

she's a goofy little girl & she is NOT driving my truck!! grin

we have a 1/4 mile driveway, our garbage cans are out by the road. weezy likes to take the garbage out to the road because then she can drive my truck 1/4 mile out to where the cans are.

well, she's gonna have to use ole browny (my 77 half ton) to take the garbage out to the road now grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
oh poor dad.... ill let you haul garbage every once in a while with it if you wash it after... grin
and im not a goofy little girl with that kinda ride pa!!!! its okay.. ill find you a truck just like it so you can be happy to!! grin

thanks roster!! i love it!!!! its amazing! and stan dont worry everyone is already going crazy over it!! ... even dad!!

hahah!! ohhhh dad!! grin

Last edited by weezy; 03/02/09.
Page 139 of 1,842 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,437
Posts18,489,382
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.