Hop To
Page 140 of 1,842 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What ever squirt, you can't even see over the steering wheel. grin

Captain Bangflop & Uncle Dusty, we have this month of March to submit our applications for the draw for upcoming Elk Rifle season in Colorado. We are going first rifle season. The dirty buggers didn't send us our regulation books this year so we'll have to go online & apply that way. I went into it part wat the other day. We all have to decide individually what we would like to put in for. You apply by submitting your 1st choice, second choice & third choice.

In previous years it seems to me I have chosen the item "preference point" for my first choice, then I have selected what I actually want for my second choice, then a backup selection for my third choice.

Example:

First choice - Preference point

Second choice - Either sex tag

Third choice - Cow tag

this is assuming I can spring for the price of the either sex tag. The either sex tag is a bit over $500 for us non residents. the cow tag is usually about $250

I've applied enough times where I should have some preference points banked so I probably could get drawn for an either sex tag if I wanted to.

More often I choose to select preference point as my first choice and then a cow tag for my 2nd choice & leave it at that.

When we apply we need to send money to cover the tag we want, if I want an either sex tag then I have to send the money for it, I may only get a cow tag at the time of the draw. At that time I would receive my cow tag in the mail along with a refund of half of my money.

We'll get together soon & figure out what everybody wants & submit our applications.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good for you Weezy. It's about time Pa bought you a new truck. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What, You forgot to add me to your list, I must have missed the e-mail for that one. I'll go back and check it out. grin

Nice truck northern_dave. Real nice! So much for the long box eh? smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
So much for the long box eh? smile

I guess we'll just have to stack stuff a little higher laugh

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Weezy, when you bringing that ride down to the Mall of Amer....no, you better not do that....unless of course Dad is with....and he can foot the bill!!

I have 12 preference points in Colorado (Dad too) and am deciding how we wanna use them. Looking pretty hard at GMU 76 right now. If'n you know anything about that unit, let me know. Trying to decide between a drop camp ($1500 each) or a DIY hunt. Sure would like to parlay those points into a nice 6X6...

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

B
B
Hey guys, after 2 weeks of reading I finally got through this thread. I love it, and think you are all a great bunch of guys. Can't wait to see what else goes on here.
buzz

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome to deer Camp buzz. Think you'll like here.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Buzz, very nice of you to say.

welcome to the forums.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Buzz,

Welcome to deer camp. grin

Hang around long enough and you'll see us get real goofy. Usually happens about August and then again in October. I'm sure you saw that already.

Stick around.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Dave,

How was the first weekend with the new ride? Are you getting a topper for that beast? Brush guard, 9" lift kit, air bag...you know, all the regular mods. laugh

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, started paying more attention to Ford Super Duties since you started the thread. Question, do all super duty 4 X 4's come standard with manaul locking hubs?

I've seen several in the past couple days and they had manual hubs, which is a good thing IMO.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't know if the all come that way, but all of the people I know that have one, and all that I have seen...come with manual locking hubs.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Dave,

How was the first weekend with the new ride? Are you getting a topper for that beast? Brush guard, 9" lift kit, air bag...you know, all the regular mods. laugh

Tzone~ we need to talk! grin Let's not give Dave any more ideas of how to spend money right now...k. I think he's maxed out his spending for awhile, but he never ceases to amaze me on how he can find something. I refer to it like "dodging bullets" when he comes with all his treasures he finds that he thinks he needs. How can a wife keep up? grin

Buzz, welcome to the camp. Its a cool place to visit. Glad you stopped. Stick around, you've gotta see pictures of my big hunt of ol' forky toes this November.

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 03/04/09.

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
ol' forky toes already crazy ooff, it's going to be a long summer.

Well, if he's going to be taking me to Colorado to hunt elk, I want to have my gear coverd, and enough clearance to drive down those mountain passes, you need a brush guard so he doesn't wreck the grill. I forgot to mention a winch the first time...you have to have a winch Dave, with the proper bumper and mounting brackets of course. grin

Oh dear...what have I gotten myself into. blush Sorry Mrsnorthern_dave, I was on a roll.

grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
ol' forky toes already crazy ooff, it's going to be a long summer.

Well, if he's going to be taking me to Colorado to hunt elk, I want to have my gear coverd, and enough clearance to drive down those mountain passes, you need a brush guard so he doesn't wreck the grill. I forgot to mention a winch the first time...you have to have a winch Dave, with the proper bumper and mounting brackets of course. grin

Oh dear...what have I gotten myself into. blush Sorry Mrsnorthern_dave, I was on a roll.

grin

Tzone, how could you forget to mention a set of big azz tires and wheels? Gotta have them too!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tzone, he's taking YOU elk hunting? Who washes his 'tighties' every week? I'm still waiting for a honeymoon...17 yrs later. Mannnnnn.

Grizzly~ do you and i need to talk too? grin Its a good thing the big black train already has new tires. Phew!

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
blush whistle

SHHHHHH!!!

thats all secret stuff man!! You don't want "you know who" to find out do ya!!??

She'll kill me ded fer sure dontcha know??

cry

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oops too late....

everybody run & hide, she's gonna git us all!! shocked

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Dave, started paying more attention to Ford Super Duties since you started the thread. Question, do all super duty 4 X 4's come standard with manaul locking hubs?

I've seen several in the past couple days and they had manual hubs, which is a good thing IMO.

grisslee bill, yeah they have the manual hubs. It's been a manual over auto set up for many years.

the idea is that if the auto actuator fails, you can get out & spin them in manually. Very nice feature I think.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry, don't know what's gotten into me. crazy

grin

Page 140 of 1,842 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.