R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
you still online rooster?

I am now ND. What up?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Buzz...just got done watching Monster Quest on the History Channel. They were trying to locate 'reported' Bigfeets in Arkansas and East Texas. Some hunters had some pretty wild experiences.

If they were actually 'on location', that looks like some pretty rugged country you live in.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
we'll smoke you dirty dogs out.

or just crack 2 beers, set them out & walk away....

grin

Hey! Isn't baiting illegal in MN?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
only if it has neutritional value

so we'll use light beer.

grin

Originally Posted by Rooster7
you still online rooster?

I am now ND. What up?

can't remember, couldn't a been that important.

Last edited by northern_dave; 03/04/09.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
[/quote]
It's gonna get crowded when Dave has to come in here too. laugh

Edited by tzone (Today at 01:06 PM)
Edit Reason: too embarrased to say.

You spelled that C word wrong didn't you? grin [/quote]

No...but your on the right track. blush

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
we'll smoke you dirty dogs out.

or just crack 2 beers, set them out & walk away....

grin

Hey! Isn't baiting illegal in MN?

Yeah...but he's a real master. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Dusty, check your e-mail at home.

I sent you an e-mail yesterday about possible weekend plans.

Something clever here.

B
B
Rooster, My Dad my youngest brother and I belong to a hunting group up in Arkansas. We drive 200 miles to get there and yes, there is some pretty rugged country to go through. We actually live in the post oak region, but the pineywoods that we drive through and hunt in is pretty dense and rough. The only bigfeets that I have seen are the prints of my brother going barefoot around the camp. The young yeti has a really big pair of yards on the end of his legs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by buzz253
Rooster, My Dad my youngest brother and I belong to a hunting group up in Arkansas. We drive 200 miles to get there and yes, there is some pretty rugged country to go through. We actually live in the post oak region, but the pineywoods that we drive through and hunt in is pretty dense and rough. The only bigfeets that I have seen are the prints of my brother going barefoot around the camp. The young yeti has a really big pair of yards on the end of his legs.

So he has a good "understanding" then? smile tired

Tell him to quit walking around barefoot out there! He's gettin the Monster Quest folks all riled up! It is an interesting show sometimes though. If you have ever seen the one where they are searching for the unknown dog/wolf/creature thing in Minnesota and the guy is setting out trail cams over a dead horse, that took place about 10 miles from where I live. They didn't find anything there either. Go figure.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I did see that Rooster. It was kind of funny. Probably some mangy coyote of wolf, or northern_dave on a bender. grin

Did you see the one they did on the Chippewa Flowage in Hayward? They found a skull of a muskie that dwarfed the the world record muskie caught by Louis Sprag. I would never swim where they found it. crazy

Earlier last spring, I was fishing with my wifes uncle and he brought a hog to the boat. It was before muskie season opened so all we could do was get it to the boat and let it go. I WILL NOT even post how long it was because I'll be bugged for proof, and I don't have the proof with me.

All I'm saying is that sumbitch was big, mean and nasty. I was shaking afterwards and I didn't even catch the fish.

T

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We found this fish skull in BWCA in ....03 I think?

[Linked Image]

that's my foot next to it.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
dave, i hear those super dutys are good at pulling those fifth wheels, i know of one for sale that has got bunks for the kids in back and room for you and mama up top, lightely used and very nice shape, would look good behind that ford. nice drop camp too for elks....

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave that was one big pike or musky. Did you bring the skull back with you?

Saw a big musky up in Ontario years ago right up on the surface sunning itself. It was between 5 & 6 feet in length.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow dave,

either you have small feet or that is one big piker!

Ok since Bill threw out the numbers...that Ski was a hair under 60". Most people don't believe me so I don't expect many others to. It was flat out the biggest LIVE fresh water fish I have ever seen.

Yes there was a pic taken, no I don't have it, and no I will not take you fishing there. laugh

I WILL catch that fish. There are about 5 others trying, nobody caught it in October. I'm hoping May 2nd I will catch it walleye fishing, because that is how we got it the first time. On a 1/4oz jig and a mud minnow.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
no I didn't bring the skull out. Northern, I'm pretty sure anyways. I don't think there are muskies in that particular lake where we found it.

that had to be about as big as a northern gets though huh?

Biggest I've ever cought was a 42.5" northern, but I know I could have slipped that 42.5" fish through this mouth opening on this skull we found.

Tzone, as to boot size, I think that one in the pic is a 10. I'll wear anything from a 9 to a 10 depending on manufacturer, probably 9.5 is most common to fit me so no I don't have huge feet, maybe average i guess.

also i have no reason to doubt you on your 60" muskie

buschy, I'd like to have something like that but not this year, I'm tapped out. no more buying. (for a long time) grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'd believe 60" too Tom. smile Outside of Sturgeon that big old pig I saw (Back in 1956) was the largest fresh water fish I've ever seen. Saw a Musky about 10 years ago that would have made 50".

Never caught the Musky bug. Caught a few fishing for Walleye, but never a legal one. Mostly Walleyes, Smallies and panfish for me. Have caught Salmon, Rock Fish and Ling Cod out in Oregon.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I never really caught the muskie bug until May of last year for obvious reasons. My FIL took me at least 2 dozen times and I'm just not into it like he is.

He started the 12 Apostles Musky Club in Stevens Point many moons ago. He is truly one of the best musky fisherman I know. He has 2 pigs over 54" in his basement, they are truly a sight.

Walleye is my favorite game, but if you told my I could only fish for salmon the rest of my life, I could die a happy man.

Here is my first ever King, caught last year. Mid July, off Kewanee, WI, on Lake MI. We fished about 45sec. before she hit.
Don't remember the weight exactly but it was something like 28lbs. Heaviest fish I ever caught. VERY fun.

[img][IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/picture2001312.jpg[/img][/img]

We caught another shortly after that was about 1/2 the size. Then we got blown off the lake by a small craft warning. crazy One of the most fun days fishing I've ever had.

Here are a few muskies too. Caught the same week as the Salmon.
[img][IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/Project93.png[/img][/img]

This one is from the Chip. Caught on a red double blade large bass style spinner.

[img][IMG]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/Project62.png[/img][/img]
Bottom fish caught in northern Vilias Co, WI, on a Bucher Top Raider. We had to cut the hooks off because he just SMASHED it.

Both muskies were caught in temps in the high 80's with blue bird skies. Days where a muskie shouldn't be anywhere near a bait. Lucky I guess.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now those look like some dandy fish! I've never fished muskies yet but who knows. I've kinda got a bug for sturgeon pulling and that can be a blast. Ecspecially on a walleye rig. Dave you got to get to your house again. we got some whoppers out there last weekend again, 2-24", 1 28-3/4, 1-27. we also brought home our limits. doesn't get much better than that the Captain says!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Some dandies Buschy!!!

28 3/4" is a beauty man.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
where are you fishing from my house buschy??

could just as well give you a key for my house grin

cause i can never get there!!

Something clever here.

Page 142 of 1,842 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.