Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Go ... Obama ....

Also de-listed in Washington and Oregon ...

The senate yesterday opened the door for Obama to reverse the Bush Polar Bear ruling.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good news...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sweet.

Now a guy just needs to find some...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I saw three (pelts) yesterday in my local 'firearm emporium',
$650 each. Good looking hides too.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a big black alfa male picked out already....but I'm not getting my hopes up until the tags in my hand.

Brett

100% Public land DIY!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sweet.

Now a guy just needs to find some...

Do ya 'spose they'd come to a varmint call? Or maybe tweak your cow call to make it sound like a calf???
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no idea.
The only thing I know about woofs is that I want a woof rug bad.

Dober's probably called a few in eh...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We've used this many times in Minnesota. It goes like this,
PEEEEEEETAAAAAAAA... just let it trail off at the end.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I have no idea.
The only thing I know about woofs is that I want a woof rug bad.

Dober's probably called a few in eh...

I'll bet he has..... whistle

And I had a frend shoot a monstrous coyote a few years back around WSS. Figured it had to be a coyote ( 150 lbs) cause Fish-n-Game said there were no wolves back then.... Oh, well...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wolves can be called close, but not necessarily made shootable. They have enough more smarts than their smaller brethren to make the smaller canids seem like lower forms of life. (That's my view based on wild, unprotected wolves. Welfare wolves may be different.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Wolves can be called close,

Yup.

"remove gray wolves from the list of threatened and endangered species in the western Great Lakes and the northern Rocky Mountain states of Idaho and Montana and parts of Washington, Oregon and Utah"

Wow! I didn't expect it after Obama (on his first day, I heard)reversed Bush's "last-minute" delisting (on Bush's last day, I heard). Maybe he decided to simply do it a bit differently, like including more states. Wow! This is indeed good news.

There are many copies.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Delisted? Again?

It won't matter. The various animal "rigts" groups are already creating lawsuits to stop any wolf hunting, and all they have to do is find a nice left wing animal "rights" loving Federal judge to reinstitute the ban on wolf hunting.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It won't matter. The various animal "rigts" groups are already creating lawsuits to stop any wolf hunting, and all they have to do is find a nice left wing animal "rights" loving Federal judge to reinstitute the ban on wolf hunting.

Leanwolf, the organizations that will file the lawsuits don't have the option of picking who resides over the lawsuit. It's handed to who's next in line. We've already went through a couple of lawsuits and I feel that this time everything's been addressed.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well I'm not real familiar with the wolf debate...however...the more predators you have that prey on deer & elk...the less deer & elk you're gonna see & be able to hunt...it's a fact...bottom line...The lions here in Ca. take IIRC 1 1/2 to 2 deer a week...the local warden in the area I hunt has told me that between the lions & the S.E. Asians that have immigrated here it's a toss up as to which has the largest impact on our deer herds...all the guys I've talked to while deer hunting are pretty much of the same opinion...if you see a cat...kill it...same with coyotes....it used to be that on a good day during a storm in hunting season, you'd see prolly 50-75 deer...if you're lucky you'll see 5-6 now. Back when I was a kid you'd maybe see one cat track during deer season...about 5 yrs. back I seen over 20 & I've seen a direct correlation to the numbers of deer & cat tracks...up until a couple years ago I used to spend my summers up in the hills dredging for gold...if any of you think a direct correlation between the numbers of predators (Coyotes,Lions,Fox & Bobcat) & game species (Turkey,Quail,Squirrels Deer)is not inter related...you are delusional....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just apply K.I.S.S. principle to the matter, and just S.S.S.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Wolves can be called close, but not necessarily made shootable. They have enough more smarts than their smaller brethren to make the smaller canids seem like lower forms of life. (That's my view based on wild, unprotected wolves. Welfare wolves may be different.)

I dont know about that, the wolf was all but wiped out in the lower 48, they have been trying to wipe out coyote's for alot longer than wolves with no luck.

maybe coyote's reproduce faster, i dont know, but they have been shoot on site scince gun powder was invented, and still they thrive.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
It's about time! Now we can start some damage control. I hope they come up with 4 for 1 sale in Idaho/Montana. You Know because of the bad economic times we need the discount 4 for the price of one.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
We need to start an information site for hunters that buy tags to hunt wolves. Mapping the foriegn invaders locations so the can be killed in the first day the hunter enters the field. In this case 100% harvest is needed.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 1911a1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 14,671 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,071
Posts18,541,272
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.