Long read. So please see-

Link

Last edited by Bend; 03/08/09.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Great Read !

No matter how good a rifle looks if it shoots over 1 inch groups its ugly.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liberals will never hear it.

Read the first guy's response below the thread starter's post for proof.

I don't care how you slice or dice it, liberals are going to have to be eliminated if freedom is to ever have a chance of survival in this world. They'll support what promotes their agenda and nothing more.

One liberal in favor of gun rights does not constitute much in my book. Most of his peers will shout him down. He and the few that support his words/ideas probably can't really be accurately called liberals. Seems to me the hallmark of today's liberal is being a gun hater. Everything else is secondary.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
As a Libertarian Republican I about 90% of the trouble I have with the ACLU is its 2nd Admendment stand. I wonder if the membership of the NRA also joined the ACLU, could we change the ACLU's SA position from the inside.

I would think that a pro 2nd ACLU would go a long way in convincing a lot of the RKBA indifferent moderates that RKBA is an important liberty.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I see this as evidence that the original meaning of "liberal" has become completely distorted. True liberals support freedom, and not just their own or that which is popular.

Maybe that's why so many liberals prefer to be called "progressive" these days. Offhand, I can't give a dictionary definition of the term, but I tend to associate it with communism.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul39
I see this as evidence that the original meaning of "liberal" has become completely distorted. True liberals support freedom, and not just their own or that which is popular.

Maybe that's why so many liberals prefer to be called "progressive" these days. Offhand, I can't give a dictionary definition of the term, but I tend to associate it with communism.

Paul

Of course Paul ! That is why I often write "so-called liberals".

The so-called liberals will kidnap any positive word and make it their own, even if it is completely opposed to what they think, what they want or what they are. This is part of their strategy of communication.

Another example beyond words, from the field of symbols : even though, throughout the world, red is the color of the left, American "liberals" (read leftists or far leftists) even stole the blue color from the conservatives...

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been posting that link on newspaper blogs whenever an anti-gun article being debated. It's a real thread-killer.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I've an issue with interpretation of "well regulated militia".

The common argument by the antis means that it must be "well organized"- implying some sort of government control, or at least a club- style "organization" - weekend warriors, dinkers, trap shooters, what have you.

Does it not mean as well - "adequately provisioned and supplied"? After all, if all those guys (and gals) out there have guns, but no powder and ball, nor at least minimal " to go" rations for a few days, what good are they?

Effective chain of command and right smart drilling skills not withstanding.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Here's the basics, as I understand them...

Predating the Constitution under Common Law is the Right to be secure in your life, liberty, and property.

We have the Right to defend our ourselves and our homes. A person's home is their Castle.

The Second Amendment exists for self protection. It allows the means to avoid suffering battery, murder, kidnapping, arson, enslavement, theft of property, etc...

The basic function of civil government before anything else is to support your Right to be secure in your life, liberty, and property. However it does not replace the need for the Right of self protection. In fact if you call the Police and they don't come when needed Courts have ruled we have no individual Right to Police protection.

This argument for the need for the 2nd Amendment as an individual Right is the elephant in the room that the politically correct et al... turn a blind eye too.

just my opinion... idahoguy101

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't read the article yet; got a turkey coming out of the oven shortly here... :-)

I've been making the case to my liberal friends for many years that the last thing in the WORLD they should be wishing for, is a disarmed society.

You can usually make an impression on them by pointing out that, oh, you know... that government you claim to distrust so much? And those evil police? You want THEM to be the only ones armed?

Half the reason I am well-armed is for protection against the right-wing nutjobs if TSHTF. The other half is for protection agains the liberals if TSHTF.

I'm not kidding.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Don't believe everthing you read.These liberals are a bunch of hypocrytes.I know a few yuppie,liberal soccer moms that pack heat or their hubby's have a peice stashed in the bedroom. They get together and trash gunowners.But,in secret they know they need firepower to protect themselves and their families. They worked hard to aquire the valuble posesions they have and won't let some underprivileged minority take anything from them.They spout off in public about equal rights and help the poor,but they change their tune when they get behind closed doors. They aren't any different then the people they claim are the ones promoting stereotypes and have racist tendencies. Most of them are liberals only because it's the fad of the day.

A Man's got to know his limitations.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Here's the basics, as I understand them...

Predating the Constitution under Common Law is the Right to be secure in your life, liberty, and property.

We have the Right to defend our ourselves and our homes. A person's home is their Castle.

The Second Amendment exists for self protection. It allows the means to avoid suffering battery, murder, kidnapping, arson, enslavement, theft of property, etc...

The basic function of civil government before anything else is to support your Right to be secure in your life, liberty, and property. However it does not replace the need for the Right of self protection. In fact if you call the Police and they don't come when needed Courts have ruled we have no individual Right to Police protection.

This argument for the need for the 2nd Amendment as an individual Right is the elephant in the room that the politically correct et al... turn a blind eye too.

just my opinion... idahoguy101

You missed the other aspect of the second amendment as detailed in the blog discussed here (perhaps you did not have the time to read it) : the right to own and bear arms is also to allow the people to defend themselves against the state, should it become necessary.

This is an essential aspect, it goes well beyond self defense.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by las
I've an issue with interpretation of "well regulated militia".

The common argument by the antis means that it must be "well organized"- implying some sort of government control, or at least a club- style "organization" - weekend warriors, dinkers, trap shooters, what have you.

Does it not mean as well - "adequately provisioned and supplied"? After all, if all those guys (and gals) out there have guns, but no powder and ball, nor at least minimal " to go" rations for a few days, what good are they?

Effective chain of command and right smart drilling skills not withstanding.

Try this blast from the past.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
deersmeller

I wasn't presuming to cover all aspects of the second amendment. Just the individuals right to self protection of life, liberty, and property.

I would caution that the last serious taking of the position to that of a right to revolt against the federal government was the american civil war. We all know how that turned out. The matter of wholesale rebellion has been settled.

Why attach a legitimacy to the various survivalist, anti-tax rebels, and racial supremest groups claims? Have you met some of these knuckleheads? I have... I work in prisons. Enough to know they are sociopathic in the extreme.

I wouldn't trade this country for any other, warts and all.

idahoguy101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 22250rem, 10ring1, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,194 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,029
Posts18,481,857
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.