Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 144 of 1,842 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Four inches of heavy wet snow here on Sunday. More on the way Tuesday, although it may be more rain than snow.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ours didn't even stick! laugh. Breaks my heart...it really does. I'm hoping that Tuesday B.S. goes north.

COME ON open water!

Camp is where you make it.
B
B
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Fantastic here, temps in the low 80's great for walking the woods, checking stands, drinking a little liquid sunshine, and just enjoying life.
buzz

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Were in a blizzard watch right now. First we got a nice drizzle/rain (to slick things up good) that turned to snow and I've heard reports of up to 12" coming with a full blown blizzard tomorrow.

Will this winter never end??? crazy

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Will this winter never end??? crazy

June. laugh

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by buzz253
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Fantastic here, temps in the low 80's great for walking the woods, checking stands, drinking a little liquid sunshine, and just enjoying life.
buzz

80? Didn't know thermometers went that high. I don't think mine goes above 45!

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 03/09/09.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Here's the forecast for Central Wisconsin.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Periods of freezing rain and snow developing during the late evening. Up to an inch of snow accumulation possible. Areas of fog developing. Lows 25 to 30. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Tuesday
Areas of fog and a chance of drizzle or freezing drizzle in the morning...then rain likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 36 to 41. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
� ZIP Code Detail
Tuesday Night
Windy. Cloudy. Freezing rain...snow or rain in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Some accumulation possible. Lows in the middle teens. South wind 15 to 25 mph shifting to the west 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Wind chills to 10 below zero after midnight.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Here's the forecast for Central Wisconsin.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Periods of freezing rain and snow developing during the late evening. Up to an inch of snow accumulation possible. Areas of fog developing. Lows 25 to 30. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Tuesday
Areas of fog and a chance of drizzle or freezing drizzle in the morning...then rain likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 36 to 41. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
� ZIP Code Detail
Tuesday Night
Windy. Cloudy. Freezing rain...snow or rain in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Some accumulation possible. Lows in the middle teens. South wind 15 to 25 mph shifting to the west 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Wind chills to 10 below zero after midnight.

That should be fun to drive in when she cools down.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Last Monday we had six inches of snow.Today the temp was 82 degrees with sunshine.I worked in the yard most of the day and sweated my self heartily.Wierd weather.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good to hear from you Stan. Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy.

Have you been shooting much?

tom

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Porfin flagging snow. I got 4 on the ground and 15 forecast by Wednesday morning. Minus 35 wind chills Tuesday night through Thursday.

Damn groundhog~!

Craig

Wood is Good.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,
I have only been a couple of times.It's time to get back in the weekly thing.I called my shooting buddy tonight and we are reinstituting the every Wednesday morning schedule.
I'm walking still and feeling great.
It is almost turkey season.Getting ready for that.

Stan

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Didn't know you were a turkey man, Stan!

I'm pretty much addicted to those ol turkeys, man they get me fired up on those sunny spring mornings. I'm fine until that big ol strutter blasts off 50yds away. Makes me come completely unglued.

I need to stop, or I'll be drooling all over the keyboard.

How long is your season over there? Are you limited to one Tom, or several?

We have a draw for our 5 day shot at them. There are 6 seperate 5 day seasons. After the initial drawing, you have a chance to buy left over tags...if there are any.

Tom

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The season in South Carolina is 30 days.Starts the first of April.Limit is four.Tags(free) are required.

Stan

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
mmmm free tags. grin

well we had a great weekend with some snowmobiling, a group of us met out at the cabin & rode snowmobiles through the forest for a good part of saturday. Dusty & I lit a bonfire Saturday evening & we ended up sitting around that bonfire until the temp dropped below zero then we moved back into the cabin.

It was Pam's birthday on Saturday, some more friends came out to the cabin saturday night with a birthday cake & some good food.

we had good food all the way around though, my aunt made BBQ'a from ground elk meat which was great, also a couple of ice cream buckets full of cookies!!

We had blueberry pancakes sunday morning with berries we picked last July right there in the forest.

Then we went for another ride on Sunday, we took the kids to our closest sliding hill. They had a great time, it was a really nice weekend all the way around, spotted a bunch of deer while snowmobiling too.

It was great to see everybody, big thanks to my aunt & uncle for coming up to see us & for bringing my little niece up, sure was good to see her & I hope she comes back up again soon. I think she had fun riding in the newly improved snow coach pulled behind my snowmobile (I changed the suspension to a coil spring set up)

We even got to see the boy for a short moment. he hauled 4 of his buddies up here in his truck (nice truck by the way)

They fished Northerns on the big lake with tip ups all weekend & it sounds like they did well.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
4 tags...and free at that. 30 day season. I'm jelous. They should do something like that around here. We are silly with turkeys, they multiply like gremlins around here. You would think they'd be easier to shoot. But as you know, that isn't the case. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like an awsome weekend Dave. Elk bbq, blueberry pancakes, and you can never go wrong with 2 buckets of cookies.

How much snow is still left up there? We are down to 6" or so, maybe more coming, maybe not. It is raining right now, slick as hell, and ice coating everything.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, a belated happy birthday to Pam!.

Watched a show on the Outdoor Channel last night about a outfit in Georgia that builds custom 4 X 4's on Ford F650 chasis. What a rig. Build time is around 4 months with a price tag 0f over $160K.

Can ice skate in the driveway this morning. Time to go start stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 03/10/09.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Happy BDay Mrs ND, hope you arent still sore about the comments where ND needs to buy more toys to pull....if so, I will duck back in my hidey hole.

I cant wait until I move and the kids are old enough to have a weekend just like ND just had....well except for the cookies, my waist dont need anymore cookies.....ummmm, what kind were they anyway? Are there any left? If I left right now....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill,

I saw that same show lastnight. Pretty cool rigs, and street legal to boot.

Page 144 of 1,842 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.