Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Just like thew rest of the horehouses, tell you how much they like you and how much better they will treat you. That Company don't give a rats a.. about you or your needs. Hate to see a gun store go out Bus. When they stand there and lie out there a.. to your face about what is being made, the factory is out of stock, ect.... when all you have to is go on line and get the factories phone # and ask. I got to pay my bills, so should they. Why would anyone want to buy a sinking ship that has been sunk buy it owne grew?

No matter how good a rifle looks if it shoots over 1 inch groups its ugly.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
wildcatshooterlongrange

Your buttmouth stinks with all the crap coming out of it.

I work a couple of days a month for SW, so I know what I am talking about here.

Latest update on Sportsmans,

Stu the owner is selling off all the NW stores from Portland, OR
to AK includes all the WA, AK, MT, and ID stores except for one of which they are going to close down.

They are also closing down 24 stores, mostly midwest and east.
Stu is keeping the rest.

The NW stores are being sold to a Canadian company with deep pockets and will retain the SW name for two years then we'll see.
This group of stores will be the better off no doubt than the Utah corporation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last time I was in SW I was told a different version of that story Bob...I believe you over the dude in the Round Rock store. I like SW alot and hope they keep it going...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
SU35, I got a lot of friends that work in the Salem Oregon store. I used to spend lot of money there, they have one of my game heads hanging there. I know what I am talking about, maybe not in your store. Guys have been told to hang anything on a peg so the store doe not look empty, Store Man. told me the shotguns shell where not made any more by Kent. Called Kent yep still making them, order a case that day at a diffrent gun store. Complained to Stu, the case of shell was more the store required for spcl. order. Then the next thing I knew it went up to a $250 Min. Order and thet had to have it in one of thier warehouses. I don't attack someone for expressing themselves on Forum. Next time you think about trying to trash talk someone on this forum remember you agreed to be ethical in your answer's. Notice I sure didn't call you any names, or request that you be removed for unethicl respons given to a post which was no way directed at anyone on this forum. Just the bad times I have had at that store. The truth and nothing but the truth.

No matter how good a rifle looks if it shoots over 1 inch groups its ugly.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I used to work PT for SW. It was a great outfit 6 years ago when I started. They over extended and ruined their credit. Even when I worked for them, I usually spent a couple hundred a month or so with Midway, Midsouth, or Natchez.

It was great fun in the beginning, but it became harder to go to work each time. They have a sorry tendency to promote incompetence.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SU35

Latest update on Sportsmans,

Stu the owner is selling off all the NW stores from Portland, OR
to AK includes all the WA, AK, MT, and ID stores except for one of which they are going to close down.

They are also closing down 24 stores, mostly midwest and east.
Stu is keeping the rest.

The NW stores are being sold to a Canadian company with deep pockets and will retain the SW name for two years then we'll see.
This group of stores will be the better off no doubt than the Utah corporation.

Thats pretty much what I heard today at work. Not looking good

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
According to localnews8.com, based in eastern Idaho...
"POCATELLO - Sportsman's Warehouse in Pocatello will be closing within the next couple of months, confirmed the store's owner, Stu Utgaard, Monday...

The Pocatello store is just one of 23 stores nationwide that will be closing. A majority of the stores closing are located in the east. There are a total of 67 Sportman's in the country.

The Coeur d'Alene store will also close, but the Idaho Falls store will remain open."

"Man is not free unless government is limited. As government expands, liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There is no shortage of fishing lures at SW. There is no shortage of boots or shirts or canoes or camp stoves at SW. The ONLY things they're out of are ammo and reloading supplies - and that's because every SOB who shows up buys all they have. Of COURSE the freaking shelves are empty! But it isn't the store's fault.

Now, SW has the world's worst distribution system. They truck every item to every store from one warehouse in Utah. Their shipping costs (especially at $4.50 a gallon for diesel) had to be killing them. Whether the new owners can raise enough capital to simultaneously fix the distribution system while keeping stores open during an economic downturn will remain to be seen. I truly hope they make it.

But I wish even more that the self-centered infants among us would quit whining over a problem they themselves create.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What new owners? The canadian deal is a bust. Is another company looking to invest into it

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I think you're oversimplifying it rocky. I can go to white elephant and they have a better selection of guns, powder, bullets, ammo, and primers than SW. White elephant is just a small locally owned business. You can't blame it ALL on the hoarders but they do get some of the blame. Not a great selection especially as of late but it's been better for the last year.

The credit problems make sense to me.

I'm with wildcatshooterslodge. There's a couple good guys in the store in the spokane but there's some real pricks too. They do flat out lie just to get you to shut up. I had a buddy order 1000 primers a few months back. They said they'd call. after three weeks still no call. He called the store and they still hadn't come in. He stopped by the store on the way home from work to pick something else up and they were putting his primers on the shelf to be sold. It's crap like that that really stinks. When he confronted the guy stocking the shelves with HIS primers he said " Oh you must be Nyles". That shows they did have the note to call him but chose not to.

I used to really like SW and I still go in quite a bit only because they are so close to home but I generally don't ask any questions anymore. I'd actually be surprised if they don't go out of business.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It almost certainly is more complicated than just a single factor. But that doesn't make any single factor UNtrue.

SW is saddled with that poor supply system, and it is almost impossible to get large loans now. People are in fact buying less, so there's a cashflow problem. The on again-off again change of ownership has to hurt employee morale (not to mention having to face belligerent and unreasonable customers all day long). And there ARE hoarders who snatch up everything they find, leaving empty and unfillable shelves behind.

If you have no cash and no credit and no income, you can't order stuff. Neither can a store.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got this yesterday....

Sportsmans Warehouse Closing‏
Sent: Mon 3/09/09 3:59 PM
To: supchurch1austin.rr.com

Today I received news that we will be closing our store. There will be a liquidation process that I do not know the details on as of right now. As soon as I get more information I will let all of you know.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your support over the past few years. My experience here has afforded me a great deal to be thankful for. I have been blessed with new friendships and relationships because of my tenure with this company. I also have had the pleasure of working with and leading some wonderful employees who have proven to be just as good people as they are workers. I care about all of them very much. If there are any employment opportunities you may know of for any of the folks at our store please give me a call or send me an email. I would do anything for the people in this store.

If any of you would like to stay in contact with me my email address is supchurch1austin.rr.com and my phone number is 512-913-1334

Sincerely,

Sarge Upchurch

STORE MANAGER

SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE

WWW. SPORTSMANSWAREHOUSE.COM

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
here the latest on what stores are closing

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/company.cfm

USMC
Life Member VFW
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I hope the rest make it. I've been shopping there since the first drafty warehouse store in Midvale, UT.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hopefully the outcome from this will improve the quality and shopping experience at the remaining stores. In other words, stock the shelves for crying out loud.

And get rid of the turkey, elk, and racoon stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like our store here in Billings MT is going to remain the way it is. Good. I like their store and so far have not had one problem with any of the employees.

Ammo and reloading inventory is skinny but aren't they all having that problem? Their stock of rifles and handguns still looks good.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This morning, I heard on the radio they're closing the one in the Green Bay area(De Pere). That sucks because they had the cheapest powder prices around here. Oh well, Powder valley it is then.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Just got this yesterday....

Sportsmans Warehouse Closing‏
Sent: Mon 3/09/09 3:59 PM
To: supchurch1austin.rr.com

Today I received news that we will be closing our store. There will be a liquidation process that I do not know the details on as of right now. As soon as I get more information I will let all of you know.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your support over the past few years. My experience here has afforded me a great deal to be thankful for. I have been blessed with new friendships and relationships because of my tenure with this company. I also have had the pleasure of working with and leading some wonderful employees who have proven to be just as good people as they are workers. I care about all of them very much. If there are any employment opportunities you may know of for any of the folks at our store please give me a call or send me an email. I would do anything for the people in this store.

If any of you would like to stay in contact with me my email address is supchurch1austin.rr.com and my phone number is 512-913-1334

Sincerely,

Sarge Upchurch

STORE MANAGER

SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE

WWW. SPORTSMANSWAREHOUSE.COM

Well crap! I was hoping the Round Rock store would be spared and maybe better stocked in the future. Used to be my favorite place to buy reloading supplies, admit it has sucked the last yr or so though. Only 30-35 min from the house too.

Still figured it might be make it since it seemed to stay fairly busy and is the only one for quite a distance.

The closest Cabela's (Buda) reloading section SUCKS, and SW's priceess were better.

Oh well.......

Bill

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, They're closing 28 stores nationwide. The store I work at in Meridian, ID isn't closing but the one in Nampa,ID is. Haven't heard anything about any sales/clearances. Hopefully now that they know which stores are staying open they will start ordering some inventory.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I work at the Memphis store, and it is on the close list. I hope the owner learned something from this, and can correct a few obvious wrongs with the system. I made several treasured friendships, and heard many great jokes and stories. I will miss it.

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,781
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.