Print Thread
Hop To
Page 145 of 1,842 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
The Rooster family is (mostly) all home, snow bound. Our oldest is stranded at a friends. They cancelled my work for today by 9:00 last night. Schools were cancelled. Many, many businesses are cancelled. We are spending the day watching movies etc. I think it time to go heat the garage pretty quick though. Snow bound kids can be quite the handful at times! crazy

Its days like this that the playstation pays for itself over and over again! smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, just saw the weather map and it still looks pretty bad up your way. How much snow have you had so far?

Rained all day here. Things are going to get interesting tonight. Falling temps and high wind. It's going to be very icy here by morning.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mrs. ND.
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend,Dave.
Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't know how much snow yet Griz. It's NUTS! This is the worst we have had since the winter of '96 - '97 at least. They have called off work again already which is totally unheard of and its not supposed to let up anytime soon. Normally I go in very early during storms to make sure I make it on time but this storm is different. We never shut down and now its two days in a row. crazy

After the sun went down, the wind has picked up like you wouldn't believe. I have a feeling that I will be spending most of the day tomorrow trying to blow out. I have a cub cadet 2186 with a 42" blower on it and she'll be workin tomorrow if the storm stops.

Dave - the radar looks like this stuff was heading your way. Have you got hit yet?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave -
Sounds like an EXCELLENT weekend. Glad you guys had fun. Happy B-Day once again Pam!

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Still 36* here at 9:30pm. I got back from the ymca a bit ago and it was raining...that is going to be a mess. Temps for tonight are 16*. We don't have much snow in the yard anymore. Just the banks from shoveling and blowing.

Rooster,

What do you do for a living? What are the numbers on your snow total.

I almost forgot. Happy belated B-day Mrsnortherndave. Hope you had a great 29th birthday.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Not real sure of the totals T. They are saying 8 - 10 inches so far but its still snowing and blowing up to 40 mph so I'm sure the drifts are going to be fun to contend with.

What do I do for a living? I am an Inventory/Production Control Manager for a company that builds all kinds of custom semi-trailers. We build trailers for hauling asphalt, gravel, most AG products, wind towers, wind tower blades, heavy construction equipment etc.

What do you do?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
rooster, we lucked out. of course they had a bunch of cancelation announcements, late with school etc, not sure why though. we sure didn't get much of anything up here except for the wind.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
5 above here at 7:30 AM. Wind was howling like crazy. No snow though. The lake at the end of my driveway is now frozen over.

10:00 news last night was reporting 8" of snow at Duluth. This morning they're saying Fargo had a foot.

Rooster good luck snowblowing.

Dave how'd you miss out on this? Aren't you just West of Duluth?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What do I do? I'm currently a Utility Coordinator for DOT highway construction. I work for a private company and the WI DOT hires us to take care of all the utilities before, durring, and after construction.

It is quite a difference from being an inspector/ project manager on the hwy projects at my last job. Right now I'm a desk jockey, but a 5* above, I welcome that opportunity.

T

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i'm actually quite a bit west of duluth, bout 5 hours north west.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I just heard on the radio that NDSU made the NCAA basketball tourney...Cool!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So your over in the Roseau/Baudette area then. No wonder you don't talk about running over to Gander Mountain in Duluth.

My brother in law lived at International Falls for a couple of years back in the mid 70's. They really liked it there. He and I went back up to there 4 years ago and rented a house boat on Rainy Lake. Had a great time. The economy in the Falls had really gone down hill though. Local radio was talking about a Homestead program to try and get people back into the area.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I thought it was UND that made it into the tourney..? Either way, that is cool. Now if the Gophs sneak in, we can have 2 teams to cheer for.

NoDakota is gonna get a nasty draw I bet....

We didnt get much down here in the crappy burbs. some rain, a little ice, a couple inches of snow.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm pretty sure the Gophers are in, aren't they? Not totally sure.

If they get in hocey NC2A's it'll be freaking miracle. I think they'll have to win the WCHA final 5 for that to happen. UND OTOH is my pick (unfortuanitly) for hockey Nat. Champs.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
rooster is burried alive!!

just sent me a cell phone picture of his tunneling efforts.

doesn't look like fun.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How's this look? I had 11". Pic is from last night:

[Linked Image]

And so this morning of course, every thing is drifted shut - up to two feet or so - I blast to work - F150 Off Road style.

Tonight, I blow my stuff all over. I see my semi-retired neighbors are completely blown shut - maybe 16" deep. So, I blow that 1/4 mile. Upon arrival at the house am blown away that the lady of the house steps out on the porch and gives me a big thumbs up! Says her husband was coming tomorrow to plow with the four wheeler. Yeah right! Felt good to help her out. She's happy.

Craig

Wood is Good.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm feelin' sad for you guys. Temp in south-central PA today was in the high 50's. Saturday and Sunday it was in the 70's. The wife and I spent 4 days at our cabin this past weekend. The last of the ice melted off the lake by Sat. AM. Fishing boats were all over the lake both Sat. and Sun. Tulips and daffodils are sprouting in our yard. Robins arrived today. Sun is warm. Life is good.

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
lookin good craig!! Oh man did we luck out!! laugh

jeesh!!

hey whats up with this?

Originally Posted by RaystownRon
I'm feelin' sad for you guys. Temp in south-central PA today was in the high 50's. Saturday and Sunday it was in the 70's. The wife and I spent 4 days at our cabin this past weekend. The last of the ice melted off the lake by Sat. AM. Fishing boats were all over the lake both Sat. and Sun. Tulips and daffodils are sprouting in our yard. Robins arrived today. Sun is warm. Life is good.

Ron

Mr Ron, is a meaner!!

Meaner!!!

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Ron really just doesn't understand how bad we, you and us, need to really feel a sun, the sun, sunny?

Really feel how the radiant heat soaks into your face. Feel like something other that within, something we created, fire or propane, maybe solar - electricity - some f-ing thing is keeping us warm. Warm enough to survive. Yes. F-ing survive. Not thrive, not have "a good time" freaka puppy just stay alive man.

The Kubota is as close as I can come. I will survive. As long as I have diesel.

cRAig

Wood is Good.
Page 145 of 1,842 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.