Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Does anyone have any information on the company that was modifying the trigger guards for the CZ 527 to remove the magazine guide rails. I can't seem to locate their ads they used to run. Think they also were shortening magazines also. Thanks

Dick
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I should have the information at home, at work now. I had a hornet modified and it worked out great. I was very impressed with the machine work. It looks as if it came from the factory this way. The finish had a dull spot on it when it came back, called the guy and he refinished the trigger gaurd again no questions asked, really nice guy. I really like the 527, but don't understand why CZ doesn't do this in the first place, at least for the American version. Chuck

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Is this the guy you're looking for?

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/bang!/cz-527_magazine/

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i wish someone would modify one to take an AK mag.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
DMB, that is the one, the Company name is RVB Precision, thanks everyone for your imput.

Dick
IC B2

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by panhandle
DMB, that is the one, the Company name is RVB Precision, thanks everyone for your imput.

Bingo!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am a little late getting back to you, this is the link I have for Roy, http://www.rvbprecision.com/articles/cz-527-rifle-magazine-conversion.html
This is a copy and paste, but it should get you there.
Chuck

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Chuck, also might add that I contacted them and they are still offering the modifications. I was afraid that they would disapear like so many other small companies are doing.

Dick
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FYI - It's not even a company. It's one man, working out of his home workshop - doing world-class work.

Roy lives in S.E.Mass, not very far from me, so I drove over with my rifle's bottom metal for his conversion work, several years ago.

He shortened the mag amd removed the triangular webs that run from the front of the triggerguard to the bottom metal - then refinished the areas he worked on.
When he was done, I could not tell anything looked "worked on" - nor could I distinguish the finish from the factory finish on the remainder of the bottom metal and the barreled action.

As a plus, full-size issue mags still can be used.

I didn't take Roy's advice to rasp/refinish a grasping notch in the stockwood's lower edge to grasp the shorter mag - and have not regretted leaving mine alone.

FWIW - I found Roy to be a stand-up guy, and a great fellow, to boot - also great to do business with (zero issues/problems) - and can recommend him & his work highly.

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Rangr44
FYI - It's not even a company. It's one man, working out of his home workshop - doing world-class work.

Roy lives in S.E.Mass, not very far from me, so I drove over with my rifle's bottom metal for his conversion work, several years ago.

He shortened the mag amd removed the triangular webs that run from the front of the triggerguard to the bottom metal - then refinished the areas he worked on.
When he was done, I could not tell anything looked "worked on" - nor could I distinguish the finish from the factory finish on the remainder of the bottom metal and the barreled action.

As a plus, full-size issue mags still can be used.

I didn't take Roy's advice to rasp/refinish a grasping notch in the stockwood's lower edge to grasp the shorter mag - and have not regretted leaving mine alone.

FWIW - I found Roy to be a stand-up guy, and a great fellow, to boot - also great to do business with (zero issues/problems) - and can recommend him & his work highly.

That's an excellent testimony about him.
Thanks for the posting.
I had my CZ 527 in 223 out of the safe yesterday, and was thinking about getting him to do what he did for you. Mine is the Prestige Model with the good Walnut stock, so it is a very good looking rifle that could be enhanced by doing as you did.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a nice improvement. Looks like he does great work.

A few years ago James Anderson was considering mading a run of bow release straddle floorplate bottom metal for the CZ527's. It would use an internal fixed magazine. He was also going to make a M-70 style 3-position safety for them. After studing the idea for some time he concluded it wouldn't be a "drop in" part and abandoned the idea. I was very dissapointed. A double square bridged mini stoping rifle, it would have been just too cool.

That's when I started my two Mini Mauser projects.

Terry

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1234, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,813
Posts18,516,549
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.