Print Thread
Hop To
A
ak_700 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Any body have any experoence with this rain gear? good? bad?

GB1

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I got a rain suede jacket a few years ago. It does everything it says, waterproof, quiet, durable, and burrs wont hang on. My only complaint is that it can get clammy if you are doing some serious hiking in weather more than 55-60degrees. I will say that it is much more breathable than an REI jacket I own made of much lighter material, this may be due to the mesh lining in the Cabelas jacket. Darn good investment for the money IMHO.

EG

"It might be gone when you get here, but basically it's a green, '64 Chevy, driving West down Maine Street. No, I can't make out the licence plate, but ...errrr... it'll be pulling a small church. So any Green Chevy pulling a church down Main Street, I guess that'll be the one."
A
ak_700 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
hey thanks,
sounds like I may get me one.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Hey AK,

Just found this thread and it's a couple of months late, but I thought I'd add my two cents worth.

I'm a gun writer and I'm in the field a lot. I carry a full set (jacket and pants) of the Cabela's Rain Suede in my truck all the time.

Obviously, it's great when it rains, but I also find that it is a lot more quiet than any other rain material I've used....almost as quiet as Saddle Cloth (which I absolutely love).

I also use the Cabela's Rain Suede a lot when it's a but chilly in the morning (early Fall) and I just need a little extra over a flannel shirt and a vest, but I don't want a real coat or jacket. Just to keep the edge off, if that makes sense.

It is basically windproof and I find that I can dress lighter than I normally would when it's windy.

My wife and I both bought a set a Cabela's about three years ago. I didn't even know it existed, but fell in love with it when we visited the Mitchell, SD store. It was everything we hoped for and well worth the price.

Hope this helps you.

Steve Timm

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 1,886 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,443
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.