Hop To
Page 147 of 1,842 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy B-day to your boys!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My little Princess is going to 6 in a few weeks. She wants to deer hunt from a treestand....so the bucks don't bite us.

She knows how to fish quite well for a little bugger, but only likes to reel them in and wave goodbye to them. Not a chance in hades that we can keep a fish when she is in the boat. grin

She knows how to keep her daddy wrapped around her finger too.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My little pricess turned 40 yesterday. Enjoy them while you can guys, because they grow up fast.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You got that right Bill. They sure do. This is her first year of school, and I'm simply amazed at what she has learn already this year. Good and bad. crazy that school bus sure can teach kids some "special" things.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh my, that scares the crapola out of me. My little girl isnt ready for that next year, is she? I s'popse I will never think so. I wonder if anyone has ever waited until their daughter was like, oh, say 40 years old before they sent them to kindergarten.

Today we are going to the sportshow, daddy and daughter, intent on causing fear and panic amid the trout in the trout pond. Maybe, if she is good, she will get a bag of mini-donuts. When it comes to hunting and fishing stuff, daddy is a softie, so I hope that there are either some great deals or there is nothing there she likes. funny part is, when it is NOT hunting or fishing stuff, I have no problem laying down the "No's".

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Take a little tip from a man with experience....If you put a Waxie on that sorry excuse for a "bait" at the trout pond. You'll come home a hero.

I did that at the boat show in Duluth a number of years ago.

Trust me. Do this. You WILL see all of those trout in that tank swarm to her bait like a bunch of killer Bee's. Of course, they won't let you go in a second time, but she'll have a trout for dinner.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I did that with my buddy when we were in H.S. at the Duluth show. We were 1/2 in the bag when we got there, and I bought some waxies from some vendor for ice fishing and stuck them in my pocket.

We got the bright idea to try them in the trout tank. I Put the waxie on the hook, caught a trout in about 15sec. Then they put it in a little plastic grocrey bag, and it was still jumping like crazy in that little sack, so I "whacked" it against the concrete pillar a few times near the tank, and there was an audible ghasp from the crowd.

Last edited by tzone; 03/13/09.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My youngest daughter had a bad day yesterday we had to put her pekeapom pup down. Long night with getting all 3 little ones to bed and then coming in to our room in the middle of the night.

It really sucks to see them hurting like that.

I am thinking we may just have to go do something special this weekend either a perch jerk or crappie chase.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If only that dog's seizures had lasted through musky opener ...

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y'all realize that one of these days "Camp Chickenbuck" will have to stream through facebook ...

GE

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by big drift
My youngest daughter had a bad day yesterday we had to put her pekeapom pup down. Long night with getting all 3 little ones to bed and then coming in to our room in the middle of the night.

It really sucks to see them hurting like that.

I am thinking we may just have to go do something special this weekend either a perch jerk or crappie chase.

Bummer Big Drift. Tough to lose a pet.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
big drift,
my heart goes out to you. we went throught that a couple years ago and it was not a good time. I would rather tear my fingernails off with a hammer than go through that.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Y'all realize that one of these days "Camp Chickenbuck" will have to stream through facebook ...

GE

what's facebook?

I kid

no seriously though, what is it?
grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right ND.

BTW ... the office just went for 'cue without you.

Oh BD and I were specurlating on going on safari this spring with the Husky Colonel and some 158 JHP loads.

Does Camp Chickenbuck have a porcupine concession? If so what are the quotas and trophy fees? Is a PH required and how much beer is required for trackers?

Can I book direct or do I need to PM JJHack?

Regards,

GE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Northern Dave's northern concessions, has a ring to it:)

Just add sundowners consisting of the high life some porky's on the pit aaaahh yes, although with the swamp squid, flying bears and the viscus leopard squirrel I am thinking ya might wanna load up on some solids as well.

So what would you all recommend for those porksters, CRF, push feed? QD mounts in case they charge (like the skunk from sherpulars ND foray)? Back up rifles?

Thanks guys for the thoughts it was a long night but best for the pup and the kids in the long run.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good idea ... definitely need to load solids. Guess that's what the wadcutters are for!

Thank God the Husky Colonel is CRF. Wouldn't want to take on DG without it!

GE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What is the Husky Colonel? And I don't want to see any pictures of BD...if that is it, never mind. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LOL,those wadcutters are so old and soft they would only get impaled on the porksters quills.

A positive note on porky hunting ya can take the long quills and sand them down a bit with a real fine paper, add a small piece wire to the bottom and ya gots yerself a great fishing float.

Is there much difference on these northern porkies compared to southern porkies (I mean besides the sauce used with them that is).

Mebbe we should get some of dem der alaskan type fellas to weigh in on DG hunting for porks doncha know. Dem alaskan type fellers hunts all dose big game types up der. But I haff da faith in der Nortern Dave ya yew betcha.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What is a Husky Colonel?

Hmm, that is a good game show question for the day.

Your hint besides the name is the make and model.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Husky Colonel:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gaviidae_Esq; 03/13/09. Reason: embed pic
Page 147 of 1,842 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.