Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FZY Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Don't post often but you gotta read this.

Man Bolts Antlers to Dead Doe, Gets $400 Fine, 10 Days in Jail
Saturday, March 14, 2009

Print ShareThisBURLINGTON, Vt. � A man who bolted antlers to the head of a dead doe and posed for a photograph with the deer was fined $400 and jailed for game violations.

Marcel Fournier, 19, shot the deer the evening of Nov. 22 and used lag bolts and epoxy to attach a 10-point rack, officials said. He then checked in the kill as lawful game at Barnie's Market.

It's illegal to kill an antlerless deer, and it's also illegal to hunt at night.

The Concord resident admitted to the killing and led a game warden to the deer's remains after an anonymous caller alerted authorities. Fournier said he had "quite a time" drilling and fastening the antlers, authorities said.

Game warden David Gregory said the antlers didn't look or feel right.

"When you grabbed them, you'd feel movement," he said.

Col. David LeCours, chief warden of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the size of the antlers relative to the size of the deer seemed off.

"Something wasn't natural about them, in addition to the fact that they weren't natural," he said.

Fournier was sentenced to 10 days in jail Feb. 18 for taking a deer in a closed season. He won't qualify for a state hunting, fishing or trapping license for at least three years.

LeCours said add-on antlers are the stuff of legend, but that it's the first documented case of it in Vermont.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a maroon

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and a moron to boot!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reminds me of a guy that took a deer to the meat locker out of season.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image]

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"Something wasn't natural about them, in addition to the fact that they weren't natural," he said.

Uh, and the fact that there wasnt a set of balls to be found.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wildbill59
[Linked Image]

Pichers.......maroons........whats the difference? grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This clown may not have been the brightest bulb in the pack, but he sure is creative.

I thought he had to have been doing this as a joke when I started reading the article. Appears he really was trying to slide one by somebody. Nothing like a couple hundred dollar fine to show him some humor.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by prostrate8
"What a maroon!"

Steve
-----------------------------------
"Boys enjoy the misery of their companions and in later life I have found that all adults are not free from that peculiarity."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ringworm

I don't know about everyone else, but when i bag a buck the balls are left in the field.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In the movie "Scrooged" they should have used lag bolts I guess

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by montanabadger

I don't know about everyone else, but when i bag a buck the balls are left in the field.

I dont know if its the same law aymore but when I lived in NY you had to leave em attached to the carcass for proof of sex otherwise you would be ticketed.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
But on the same note..............here in Indiana.........the boys are left in the woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FZY

Man Bolts Antlers to Dead Doe, Gets $400 Fine, 10 Days in Jail
Saturday, March 14, 2009

Print ShareThisBURLINGTON, Vt. � A man who bolted antlers to the head of a dead doe and posed for a photograph with the deer was fined $400 and jailed for game violations.

Marcel Fournier, 19, shot the deer the evening of Nov. 22 and used lag bolts and epoxy to attach a 10-point rack, officials said. He then checked in the kill as lawful game at Barnie's Market.

It's illegal to kill an antlerless deer, and it's also illegal to hunt at night.

The Concord resident admitted to the killing and led a game warden to the deer's remains after an anonymous caller alerted authorities. Fournier said he had "quite a time" drilling and fastening the antlers, authorities said.

Game warden David Gregory said the antlers didn't look or feel right.

"When you grabbed them, you'd feel movement," he said.

Col. David LeCours, chief warden of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the size of the antlers relative to the size of the deer seemed off.

Fournier was sentenced to 10 days in jail Feb. 18 for taking a deer in a closed season. He won't qualify for a state hunting, fishing or trapping license for at least three years.

LeCours said add-on antlers are the stuff of legend, but that it's the first documented case of it in Vermont.

Possibly taught to hunt by Mich Rompola??? grin grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In the time it took to add the antlers he could of had the deer cutup and in the freezer. No one would of know. What a dumbass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, a set of cods would be proof enuff.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by montanabadger

I dont know if its the same law aymore but when I lived in NY you had to leave em attached to the carcass for proof of sex otherwise you would be ticketed.
In Montana antlers are proof of sex.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He shoulda' used duct tape.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In ID, you can remove the antlers if you leave the scrotum or penis attached to the largest piece of meat. The antlers have to be packed out, though, to prove that they're of legal size.

Antlered does or cows are very rare, but they do occur. In that case, leave the antlers attached.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ringworm-- I'm not sure about VT. but in NY the law says the deer must have an antler 3" in length and you must show proof of Sex. I have seen a spike horn doe that was shot and was legal. Every once in a blue moon a doe is shot with a small rack. The antlers are found still in velvet. This guy was just plain stupid. Web

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 70 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,099
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.