Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Vice President Cheney charged Sunday morning on CNN that President Obama is using the recession �to try to justify� what is probably the largest expansion of federal authority �in the history of the Republic.�

�I worry a lot that they�re using the current set of economic difficulties to try to justify a massive expansion in the government, and much more authority for the government over the private sector,� Cheney said in his first television interview since leaving office. �I don�t think that�s good. I don�t think that�s going to solve the problem.�"

I know a lot of people hate Cheney, but I always liked that guy.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What I don't like about him is that he didn't voluntarily step down from the 2004 campaign, and let a younger, conservative VP candidate run with GWB. We might have avoided the nightmare we're living today had he done so.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
"Vice President Cheney charged Sunday morning on CNN that President Obama is using the recession �to try to justify� what is probably the largest expansion of federal authority �in the history of the Republic.�

�I worry a lot that they�re using the current set of economic difficulties to try to justify a massive expansion in the government, and much more authority for the government over the private sector,� Cheney said in his first television interview since leaving office. �I don�t think that�s good. I don�t think that�s going to solve the problem.�"

I know a lot of people hate Cheney, but I always liked that guy.

Let's see...Cheney is hated by the MSM, hollywood elite and VP Biden so that automatically puts him in good light with me. I agree with what he said about Obama too.

Why do people hate him so much???

RH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also admire the man. Many dislike him because he has supreme confidence in his core beliefs in which he expresses and defends quite well. Notice he doesn't need a telepromper.

Last edited by 3dtestify; 03/15/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People who hate Cheney are largely the same people who hate America. I wonder where all those civil libertarians went who had a cow that some terrorist's cell phone might be tapped, but apparently don't see any problem with massive confiscations of wealth and loss of economic rights by real American citizens.

By the way, I like Cheney:

[Linked Image]

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Would you stop putting that photo up?!!!!!!!--it gives me the heebie jeebies every time......... grin

Originally Posted by Steve_NO
People who hate Cheney are largely the same people who hate America. I wonder where all those civil libertarians went who had a cow that some terrorist's cell phone might be tapped, but apparently don't see any problem with massive confiscations of wealth and loss of economic rights by real American citizens.

By the way, I like Cheney:

[Linked Image]

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mike762
What I don't like about him is that he didn't voluntarily step down from the 2004 campaign, and let a younger, conservative VP candidate run with GWB. We might have avoided the nightmare we're living today had he done so.

you're suggesting that any Bush VP could have beaten Obama?.....get real, man.....no way. the fix was in.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cheney is reptilian.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Would you stop putting that photo up?!!!!!!!--it gives me the heebie jeebies every time......... grin

why do you think I do it, Casey? how's the enclave this spring?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The classic American NeoCon criticizing the classic American Liberal........

....Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"People who hate Cheney are largely the same people who hate America."

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Cheney is reptilian.

The prosecution rests.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"People who hate Cheney are largely the same people who hate America."

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Cheney is reptilian.

The prosecution rests.

Well,...you'll have to excuse me for having little respeect for a warmonger who sought and received multiple deferments to keep from serving in the military during Vietnam.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
At least a Bush VP that had an intention to run in 2008 would have had four years of national exposure, and possibly a better showing than the choices with which we were presented by the vacuum resulting from no viable VP doing so. I don't know about "fixes" being in, but someone like Mark Sanford or Tim Pawlenty would have been a much better choice than that which we were given in the primaries.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's a name for people like that,...many of them, in fact.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The only reason I can find to not like Cheney is if I were to believe all the media tarnish and smear jobs ... which I don't. Cheney gets a thumbs up from me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The classic American NeoCon criticizing the classic American Liberal........

....Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Casey

1) you can't say "black" any more

2) Obama is not a classic American liberal, he is something far more dangerous. Not being a real American, having grown up in foreign countries, his American experience confined to elite Marxist university crowds, having no real connection to this country except to use it as a power base, he simply does not share the core beliefs and assumptions most Americans do.....even most liberal Americans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that warmonger may have been the best SECDEF we ever had. whether Cheney was deferred or not, its pretty obvious he could never have passed the induction physical with his bum ticker.

that's really a pretty pathetic shot.

S
S
The TRUTH will soon come to light that it was Bush and Cheney who together drafted the current economical situation for the sole purpose of the new administration to dole out $165,000,000.00 of our dollars to be handed to AIG executives as a bonus for mismanaging the company. wink 'Course the new administration can say that AIG was mismanaged far worse than they knew before taking office. And our money will be closely watched. Guess that means the bonusees invite the bonusors to large extravaganzas just to see how the other side lives.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
that warmonger may have been the best SECDEF we ever had. whether Cheney was deferred or not, its pretty obvious he could never have passed the induction physical with his bum ticker.

that's really a pretty pathetic shot.

So it's his "bum ticker" that his supporters are going to focus on to apologize for him now, eh?

It must not have been *too* damn "bum".

He's still here.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe Cheney wants to take Obama hunting?

[Linked Image]

grin

John

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.