Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Dreamin Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
New in box, never been fired. Extremely light and compact rifle. Caliber is new but getting established and is a great round.

Asking $1000.00 OBO

Please call 360-607-3997

Thanks

Attached Images
12557-IMG_1569.jpg (66.53 KB, 872 downloads)
12558-IMG_1570.jpg (47.67 KB, 600 downloads)
12559-IMG_1571.jpg (69.86 KB, 670 downloads)
Last edited by jeremyk61; 03/20/09.
GB1

D
Dreamin Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
btt

D
Dreamin Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
spf

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought this rifle from Jeremy. It showed up with a couple rub marks. One right on top of the barrel in front of the forend. Claims "he never noticed them" ...

Last edited by Bill_N; 04/04/09.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Has he offered to take it back or make it right?

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No, he won't take it back and compensation wasn't discussed.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
it always worries me to buy from folks with a low post count....wish we had a better way to monitor our members in this regard....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bill_N
No, he won't take it back and compensation wasn't discussed.

That's nonsense.
Assuming Jeremy had little intent on hanging around here awhile.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jeremy -

You need to do the right and expected thing and take the gun back along with refunding Bill N's money ... less shipping. Put yourself in the buyers shoes and think how you'd feel to be scammed! Take the gun back and send the buyer's money back. It's easy to do the right thing!

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeremy is a double no-deal for me (on high priced items anyway). He has a low post count AND all his posts are in the classifieds. I always let those types and their wares just pass on by - no matter how great the deal.

RH

IC B3

D
Dreamin Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Thanks guys for the benefit of the doubt, appreciate it. Nobody got scammed! I honestly did not notice any rub marks but I didn't go over it with a microscope either. Bill got a great deal on the rifle, $900 for a brand new Kimber. It's a stainless synthetic stock rifle, not a blued wood stock rifle. Did you get this to resell Bill or use?

I honestly did not try to scam anyone and I honestly did not notice any rub marks. I did everything I could to make this a smooth easy transaction, just ask Bill. I shipped it the same day I received his check and gave him e-mail updates along with all my contact info.

This was first gun to sell on the internet and my last. My mistake was not posting enough pics of the rifle. If I recalled the marks and didn't disclose them that's one thing. I know everyone has different uses for their rifles but mine are used as tools hunting so when I look at a rifle I don't go over it with a microscope.

D
Dreamin Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Hey Bill, please post pictures of the rub mark....only thing I can think of is that it possibly got rubbed during shipping? Is this a possibility or is there no chance of this? I shipped it parcel post so it was on a truck for a few days....maybe it got jostled? I had a couple friends look at it that were interested and I called them to see if they remembered any marks on it and they don't.

Last edited by jeremyk61; 04/06/09.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hello,
I looked at 3 Kimber Montanas that were brand new and they all had scuffs on the stocks and there seemed to be a little variation in the color of the barrels. I ended up getting an 84 wsm because it seemed to be a better looking gun to me.
If the rifle was new and Kimber shipped it in the condition that was described, they must have felt that it was alright.
I do find it a little odd that the number of posts is so important to some people. Everyone starts at 1 post and works their way up. I have sold some items here and I don't have many posts. I am sure that every one who bought items was satisfied from the feedback I got from them. I have a 100% feedback on e-bay and with Gunbroker with over 150 transactions. I just stumbled on this sight and thought I would do a little buying and selling with folks who have the same interests as I have.
I guess I'm saying that we shouldn't be so quick to judge without both sides of the story and sometimes no one is trying to cheat the other guy, it's just a difference of opinion.
Just my 2 cents,
Tim

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah, the matte finish on the Kimber stainless rifles suck in the worse way. Worse than the new stainless Hawkeye's. FWIW....

Bead-blast it and go hunt.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'm a lurker here and use the site mostly for information gathering, but have bought and sold tons of guns on the web and have great feedback everywhere.

I personally looked at this gun and was very seriously considering buying it. It looked just like any brand new Kimber Montana that I have ever looked at in the gun stores.

Look at the pictures that are posted and tell me how this gun is not new in the box, that thing looks pristine.

Again, I have no dog in this fight, but wanted to back up Jeremy's assessment of the gun.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There are 3 partial pics of the gun that were posted. None of them show the area where the marks are. Whether that's a coincidence or not I don't know. I did notice them as soon as I took the gun out of the box at the shop without a microscope. I'm not sure why anyone else feels they need to say they saw the gun and it was like new, or Kimbers finish sucks - go bead blast it and go hunt. What kind of crap is that? I only posted this so people would know what happened. If you guys got a gun a with a couple dings in it that were not expected you MIGHT feel the same way.

I've bought and sold 15-20 guns on this site. One time I had someone complain about something I didn't see and I took the gun back. And one time I found some issues on a used gun and the guy took it back. That's what you expect here amongst members. It happens.

I'm not making this up for no reason and I will post some pics when I can. There's a mark on top of the barrel and one on the stock opposite the bolt. Hard to miss and this is supposed to be a new gun with no issues. When I got home the other night I PM'd Jeremy about this to see what the reaction would be. He claims he never saw them but it was for sale in a local shop for awhile so they might be handling marks. So I got the feeling he knew about the marks but I don't think it matters. The fact is that he knows I'm not satisfied regardless of what I paid for it and it seems like the honorable thing to do would be to take it back. If it was such a super deal maybe he could get more for it elsewhere.

Anyway, Jeremy can still make this right. I can pack the gun up and have it on the way in a day.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Also no dog in the fight. But are you going to hunt with or keep it under your pillow and give it a name? My Montana is beat to crap but it still keeps on tagging out. Also just shipping guns around you can get rubs and dings in them.

Just my 2 cents.

All be safe. Spence

Last edited by spence1875; 04/07/09.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Spence, I hope the next new car you buy comes with a dent in the rear quarter panel. It was going to get there at some point so who cares, right?

Last edited by Bill_N; 04/07/09.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It doesn't matter what he is going to do with the gun. If the gun is not like he was expecting or was represented to him then Bill should have every right to request a refund. The norm here is to make sure that the buyer is happy and do the right thing amongst the members here. Again, it doesn't matter what he is going to do with the gun and should be able to request a refund. Right is right! Now, since I've taken this position and have sided with Bill, jeremyk61 is attacking me. Should tell everyone what Bill is dealing with!

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Of course I agree if he wants a refund he should get it. What I am saying is that if it is just a little ding or rub is worth the cost and pain of reshipping the gun. If he still wants the gun the seller should just give him a little $$ back and be done with it. Having been on both ends of situations like this in the past that is how I and the other buyer/seller involved have always handled it, as I only buy guns I intend to use and put more dings in anyways I was always happy working it out.

Spence

PS: The business about Jeremyk61 posting a negative on DKHNT's Les BAER ad is BS.

Jeremyk61 should be kicked for it. Just my 2 cents again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (1Longbow, 1234, 257man, 06hunter59, 160user, 219DW, 47 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,210
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.