-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
I am new at this. I have an older bow 70 lbs. I do not have any arrows. What is a good arrow to learn to shoot with. Inexpensive is always good. I have a large backyard to practice. All i have is the bow and a new sight i won from NAHC. Any help would help. SDhould i buy a relese? I have been rifle hunting for years and now need a new challange. Thanks in advance

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
socal, welcome to bowhunting. It's a rush, and practice shooting is lots of fun.<P>I like carbon arrows, but I would ask a pro (without a vested interest in a product line) what to do for your bow. I didn't buy premium grade carbons. The carbons are a bit faster and quieter while hunting.<P>Regarding the release, it's the only way to go. I HATE lugging extra crap into the woods, but the release is night and day better than fingers. I've done it both ways. <BR>It is so much easier to use good form with a release, and so much easier to shoot well. You can really start shooting well immediately with a release, but I recommend a hour's worth of lessons from a pro. Well worth it. If your sight is not installed, a good pro can do that, set up your arrows, sell you a release (and a ton of other stuff!), nocking point, etc.<BR> <BR>I like a peep, kisser button, and an inexpensive but very effective arrow rest and sight. My release is a Scott and if I lost it I'd get another just like it. It's the wrist type.<P>Good luck. Let us know if we can help.<P>By the way, you may as well get a quality target. If not, you'll quickly make up the difference in trashed arrows and frustration. Just one is enough for now.<P>Don't be afraid to have the bowsmith crank the bow down to 60 if you don't find it almost effortless after a couple weeks. Stay away from heavy draws for the time being. If you like what you've got, stay with it.<P>Email me if you want more specifics.<P>Good shooting, Talus

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,031
Posts18,500,564
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.