N
Thanks Stan!! (I'm a big baby, I know, I know...) grin

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The fact that it is already in the truck and running was the biggest deal, but available parts was part of it too.

That would be the 3rd engine swap in 10 years too. We went from the origional 239 "Y" block, to a 312 Y block, to this Windsor.

I want to drive that Falcon once before he sells it. grin That is the reason he bought it to start with. same reason I would have bought it.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just sent you a crap load of pics Dave. More that 20 I think.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Mark, good stories. Thanks for sharing.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey all you NW MN boys. I'm watchin my Bulldogs put a whoopin' on UND in the WCHA semi-finals hockey game tonight.

It looks like its going to be UMD and Denver in the finals....GO DOGS!

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah what ever, i caught a piece of that at the beer store in warroad tonight. They just lucky I'm played out or I'd give em the wammy. Put the hurt on & such!

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is probably the best game the Dogs have played in a long time.

When I lived in Duluth, I had seasons tickets, of course they stunk. Well, the won the McNaughton Cup in 91 or 92 or 93, something like that.

My buddies Dad was the assistant coach, so after 92, I didn't need tickets anymore for a while, until the athletic department cleaned house and he got the boot.

I had to clean snow off your boat at 11:00 last night, I didn't want the snow to stretch out the cover. She's heavy duty, but that wet azz snow weighs a lot. It switched from snow to rain sometime during the night and it is almost gone already.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hey all Wisconsin members, don't forget our fishing/hunting licenses expire at the end of March. Picked up my 2009 licenses this morning. Now that I'm 65 I get my fishing license for $3 and small game for $9. Everything else is full price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tzone , that was very nice of you to go the extra mile to protect the NDs cover for their new boat cool
That wet snow can do some damage .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When you reach the age of 65 in South Carolina you pay a one time adminstrative processing fee of $9.00 for a combination hunting/fishing license that's good from then on.
The only thing I pay for now is once a year use-anytime doe tags that cost $5 apiece and you can order up to four tags.I never use but maybe one a year but I figure the rest of the money is a donation to our DNR.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Two best games in a row for my Bulldogs. Their smacking the Denver Pioneers 3-0, right now. 3rd period just started.

Heck of a nice day here in central WI. Woke up to about a inch and half of snow, but it was gone by 9 am. Low 60' and sunny. Made a campfire, took the boy for a drive, cut some wood, washed ND and Mrs ND's boat for the. BTW Dave, she is shiney as heck in the with all that metal flake in that glass. NICE. 1 more week of nice weather and she'll be floating down the WI river. Heck of a day really.

Hope you guys had a great day, and have a good Sunday.

T

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, it used to be the same here in Wisconsin. One time fee for small game, fishing and state parks. They dropped that program at least 5 years ago. I had the cost of the fishing license wrong, it was $7 not $3. It's $3 for disabled vets.

GB

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill,

Do you get a discount on price if you by the Sportsmans license?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good morning all.

My boys & I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow campfire member yesterday. He goes by "Colorado1135"

very nice young man, we met up in Warroad MN & went fishing out on lake of the wds. started out for northerns with tip ups but ended up going after walleyes. We fished hard & went from zero fish to 9 keepers all in a matter of a half an hour right at dark.

It was a great day out on the ice, we made a new friend and we hope to see more of him in the future.

Hopefully he finds his way to this thread some day, he posts often in other areas of the forum.

The boy "bangflop" and his grandpa & a bunch f friends are out on the ice again this morning after big pike. Bangflop & his buddies stayed out at deer camp last night. I didn't make it out there myself but i plan to head out there today to check my trail camera.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good morning Dave!
when I got home last night I came right to this thread and started to read it.
I appreciate you sharing with me yesterday the stories, the brats (hotdogs, not your boys they are awesome!)
my wife wasn't to keen on the mushrooming idea (she hates mushrooms) but said she would help look, I'm gonna try around here in a few weeks. the blueberries sounded good to her and I too haven't stopped talking about yesterday, she's anxious to meet your family.
again thank you for the great time, I had a blast!
and got a new friend out of it too, a few actually smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
the mushrom hunt can be quite a challange, and it doesn't last long. But the blueberry picking is good fun for the whole family & they stick around for weeks in late july & into august. and you don't have to hunt for them, I know some good spots where you can just sit in one spot and pick steady, then move about 3 feet, sit again & repeat until you are tired of it grin

The boys have been talking about you all morning, you really made a good impression on them. grin

Well I better get moving if we are to make it out to camp to check the trail cam.

Thanks again for coming up.

Later dudes.

Last edited by northern_dave; 03/22/09. Reason: spelling

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Bill,

Do you get a discount on price if you by the Sportsmans license?

No Tom, you have to buy each license individually. No such thing as a senior sportsman license. No big deal now that it's computerized everything prints out on one card, just like a sportsman. I still need to get a class B Bear license so I can help my SIL with the baiting. He drew a kill permit this year.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Colorado, welcome to Deer Camp. Hope we'll hear more from you in the future.

GB

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Computer has been down all day but we got it going now.

We went out to the camp & got our first trail cam photos!!

nothing special, but check out the last ones, very strange creatures out in the woods last night...

Deer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

and then these mysterious creatures of the night...

seems as though they have a leader, one that is guiding them on some sort of an evening tour..

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam013-1.jpg[/img]

odd creatures, very reflective.....coats.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam014-1.jpg[/img]

grin

I guess captain bangflop had to show his buddies around out in the woods a little last night when they got out to the deer camp grin

I laughed my butt off when i got these out of the camera today!!

Looks to me like he was taking them up north on the property to see his deer stand that we put up last fall.

hey captain, how's that trail cam flash work?

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your photos are strange to me. The first creatures with the head of a deer and the body of a .......deer. Its just not what I expected.

These second creatures, unsupervised teens caught on film by surprise, with out beer or smokes.

Its all very strange indeed.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Page 154 of 1,842 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.