N
cuts a nice path through the snow, no problem. grin

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My f-150 always seemed a bit squirelly in the rear, even in 4wd. The tahoe, as much as I hate that rig, was excellent in the snow, and rarely needed 4wd. Good thing too, cause she'd have blown it sooner. crazy

The Tundra seems great the 2 times I've 4wd. My tacoma was great in the slop too.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Took me an hour and 40 minutes to get to work this morning. Normally a 35 minute drive. Fargo, on top of the flood fight, is in a blizzard warning with 6 - 8 inches expected..........but at least it rained alot first so the roads are slicker than a cats Azz. frown

Dave - How is that dang 'ol river up your way? That can get nasty too.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
SNOW!!! That would about drive me up a wall at this point. I should have never brought that boat out of storage. I look at it and wish the ice away...hasn't been working though.

We got a heck of a rain last night, but no white stuff. Pretty nice out already this morning. How's that bid 350 in da snow?

Better start climbing that wall now Tom. We might be seeing snow or a rain snow mix here on Sunday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
SNOW!!! That would about drive me up a wall at this point. I should have never brought that boat out of storage. I look at it and wish the ice away...hasn't been working though.

We got a heck of a rain last night, but no white stuff. Pretty nice out already this morning. How's that bid 350 in da snow?

Better start climbing that wall now Tom. We might be seeing snow or a rain snow mix here on Sunday.

A mix I can handle, 6"-8"-YIKES. crazy I guess it is still March.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we got rain down here. A dusting of snow this morning.

However, the ice is going out on the ponds. Hmmm, wonder if my boat will float in one of them? I wish the lakes would hurry up.

The weekend doesnt exactly look promising for goofing off. Friday afternoon I help the wife load up stuff for a garage sale through an organization she belongs to, then I watch the kids while she sets up Fri nite. Then Saturday, I watch the kids all day while she works the sale. Now I love spending time with the kids, I really do. But right now the boys are pretty attached to mama and her faucets, if'n you know what I mean. Usually they last about an hour with Dad before they realize Mom is not around and start wailing.

Hey ND, I see your area is included in the flood zone, are you gonna be high and dry or should we send paper towels?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we'll be ok at our house, we're out of town, our yard is about 50' higher than the highest spot in town.

driveway is a mess, drainfield not working so well.... but we won't flood.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
we'll be ok at our house, we're out of town, our yard is about 50' higher than the highest spot in town.

Well, a boat would sure help if it did flood. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

T does make a good point whistle

Well, a boat would sure help if it did flood. grin

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That red metallic paint will look sharp behind the black 350 too cool

Getter go hide now

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you all speak-eth the truth grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's all fun and games until some one hooks a planer board on the playground. grin

Last edited by tzone; 03/25/09.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How are you boys in the flood zone doing. OK I hope.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey all,

BD and Sherpa are still there. Laid 3K bags today. I think they were just trying to impress the co-ed volunteers. Boys are staying a couple of days. I had some cant miss court appearances and kid responsibilities so needed to bail. Red's supposed to crest at 41' Sat. Not good. No info on the Sheyenne where they are piling.

Dem sounding like sore boys.

On the bright side, my industrious father figured out how to make a brilliant mock pulled pork out of venison neck, bbq sauce, and a slow cooker.

So they're eating well ...

GE

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"outdoorguy,

692 is a very nice boat for lk MI, and one of the reasons we bought it. Haven't been there once though since I did get it. I sent you a PM.

Tom"

You boys from those northern latitudes must all be tarred with the same feather when it comes to boat size. LOL. Just Kidding. The Lk Michigan I fish well it seems like a 30 something foot tiara is about right. I must be looking at it from the wrong (east) side....OBTW...Long time lurker, first time poster to your camp. It really is a story for the ages, I've read it all.

Scott

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks SSB

I shouldn't try to speak for tom but I know for myself on big water a bigger boat is a good thing. The bigger the better. But if you have to trailer it to & from, well then you have to put a cap on the biggness at some point.

I don't personally care to trailer more than a 20 footer repeatedly for any kind of distance.

Thanks for posting Scott. How's that big lake doing as a fishery over on the east side?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I fished in 7'er last summer in a 16.5' boat. That was interesting. I think I posted some pics about it back in August. A 19' boat seems like a nice happy medium for fishing big water and small water. Like Dave said, you still have to trailer the boat, so a 30' is out of the question. So is the $150,000 price that comes with them. crazy

With the 19' I have, I can still put it in a lake not much bigger than a puddle, and go on Lk. MI, in all but the worst days, and still feel safe. You have to go slow, but it can still be done.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
GE, it doesn't sound like it gonna be pretty. Good for you for getting up there laying 3k old ladies....oops, wrong kind of bag. smile

Good luck to you guys up that way, I hope everthing comes out OK for you.

T

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom,

I'd just about Gair Un Tee that there was more old lady bagging in ND's "cougar encounter ... I mean Elk Hunt ... yeah Elk Hunt" than on the banks of the Sheyenne.

Then again Sherpa was Sherping along so who knows what got Sherped ...

GE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Page 157 of 1,842 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,396
Posts18,488,877
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.