Print Thread
Hop To
Page 159 of 1,842 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I almost forgot.

WTG, Captain. It is great that you're up there helping with the sand bags. You're alright, no matter what Rooster says about you. laugh

T

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the flooding area.

I do have a serious question though. How come this year is so bad? We didnt get THAT much snow. Is this a case of too much drain tile and too much asphalt/concrete?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"OMG SSB...I can't believe a new-be as yourself would jump on this wagon of sorts with all the other fellows in this threat! Am I fighting a losing battle? Thought if I didn't say anything, it would go away."

Sorry Ma'am call it a band of brothers sort of thing....

Its hard for me to see a Ranger hooked to a F350 as a losing situation for anyone...lol. <bobs and weaves>

No worries Tom, I have very broad shoulders and can bear the load. At least you have to do the face to face at delivery.....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can't see it being too much asphalt & concrete, as it's still pretty rural there, but there's been a lot of tiling & ditching going on between Wheaton & Wahpeton in the last 10-15 years. My folks live along the Bois de Sioux (flows into the Red at Wahpeton). They got a good amount of snow this year, but nothing record breaking. It usually has a lot to do with a lot of thawing further south and not so much thawing in the north.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we've been improving drainage to the rivers for many years.

We are very good at creating natural disasters.

we haven't figured out how to cook up a tornado yet but floods are easy to make.

Years ago in areas like we live in up here it took nearly an act of god to create a flood.

these days it takes an act of god to prevent one.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think the ice jams had a lot to do with it, not sure though. I just hope it doesn't crest at 43'. That is bad news for everone there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good Day Ya'll. I just got off the phone with my uncle who is down in fargo helping with the diking. he says its amazing the people working together down there. He says its bad. which I feel for all them, After losing my house in the flood here i know exactly what there going through. My uncle brought 30 gravel trucks from the cities to help haul clay from his business and theres others doing the same as well. Alot of people from all over are trying to help others and it does really help the soul for the ones from there. Its not all about the work right now but all the help they will need once the water does go down. My prayers go out to all the folks down there and hope everyone is safe.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ice jams had nothing to do with flooding on the Red on the border of MN and ND this year. They were part of the problem on the Missouri near Bismarck, ND in central ND. The culprit on the Red was the incredibly wet October and the early freeze which trapped the rainfall moisture in the soil and then the relatively cold weather through March which didn't allow the soil to thaw out. Snow was moderate but it melted quickly and moved to the rivers overland while many of the ditches are still full of snow and frozen. Certainly the significant drainage ditches and tiling have been a major contributor over the years since the 1950's. Additionally the heavy rainfall and snowfall recently are also a big part of the problem. I grew up living on the Red midway between Fargo and Grand Forks and still have family in that area even though I have lived in the Twin Cities of MN since the mid 1970's.

On another note, tzone do you need the radio I offered you to seal the deal with ND on the boat? PM me if you need it and let me know how to get it to you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Any news on when it is supposed to crest?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Prayers sent to all in the flood areas. Got everything crossed that it wont be as bad as predicted. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND, hows the water at the chicken ranch, is your moat holding it all in?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks for the offer, but I don't think that is the hold up on the boat. Funny thing is, when I'm fishing...even by myself, I never turn on the radio. I could care less if it has one or not. It might sound a little goofy, but I could sit and listen to the water hit the side of the boat all day long. It relaxes the hell out of me.

That is one of the reasons I don't fish tournaments anymore. That is some strssfull time for me and I fish to get away from that. I bought this boat to tournament fish, and I haven't done in in once in the three seasons I've owned it. Well, not a serious one anyway. I fish a charity derby every April, but it is for trophy's and braggin' rights.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it's been a week since i've been to the shickin buck and the road was getting bad with the thaw, so i kind of plan to leave it alone for a while... now we have 10 inches of new snow too frown

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Flurries here this morning. Heavier stuff in the forecast for next Monday night and Tuesday has me on alert. We're Supposed to fly out of Central Wisconsin for Minneapolis than Portland. We've had weather delays on every flight we took last year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i suppose we can't even drive out in the forest for a frosty one now, all the roads are closed. i forgot that. but i do still have that cheap boat awaiting you....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
HEY!!!! He already has a boat waiting for him. grin

Do they close the State Forest roads in the spring?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
All I know is that 15 old Fashions will do a guy in...no matter what youlr friends tell you.

+ it is unsafe to drive in thes condition. + college bvasketball sucks no matter what jim nance says...

good niteee boy=z

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
vollege baskeytball sucks no matter what jim nanece says.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
its ounsafe to play basketball inht this driving condition nwo matter what bill says.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
is this thing on or what. don't fish and drive.

Page 159 of 1,842 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (222Sako, 1OntarioJim, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 12 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.