Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just curious. If there are a few I'll take the time to post up a few pictures. One of my buddies fights in the UFC and he and I have knocked down a few animals the past few years

Drummond

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am the biggest UFC fan at the Campfire-heck,I'm one of the biggest MMA fans on the internet!!

Post those pics!Your friend wouldn't happen to be Dan Henderson would it?

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Just curious. If there are a few I'll take the time to post up a few pictures. One of my buddies fights in the UFC and he and I have knocked down a few animals the past few years

Drummond
I've been a huge fan since UFC one. Remember when Royce Gracie always won?

Welcome aboard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah I gotta admit WCB is pretty knowledgable about the bouts and such, he's posted some good links to fights that I've enjoyed and I appreciate it.

welcome to the 'fire, good folks, we fight on here too but just finger waggin on the keyboard. (grin)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Gotta love MMA.....I used to be a big boxing fan but MMA/UFC is where it's at. I could watch that stuff 24/7.....

BTW - welcome to the fire!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Drummond

Im guessing Matt Hughes ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Huge MMA fan here. Nice to know others on the Fire follow the sport.

----------
Hunting is my religion
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
huntsonora,

Welcome to the 'fire. If you are in Grants Pass when it is pay per view night, stop in. I get all of the UFC fights.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm all about some MMA, especially the big league UFC. Welcome to the site.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Brock Lesnar is sponsored by Federal Fusion Ammo.

It could be him as well.

Sincerely,

Thomas

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
speakin of Brock Lesnar didn't you mention you were gonna whup his azz a few threads ago Thomas? (grin)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
MMA is cool.

Its fascinating to see how different each discipline is.

Jijitsu v. Wrestling vs. Tae Kwon Do, etc.

That, and the wicked knockouts, are cool. . . . . grin

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I love watching the MMA matches, my 21 year old nephew had his first professional MMA fight last November, the whole family likes it.

Where's the beer??
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All for Lesnar. He is a NCAA national champ from MN.
He used to come up to Anchorage and hang out with my brother when he was in WWE.
He is all class.

Any big hunting and fishing farm boy from SD is a friend around our fire.

Not as happy about Sam Hoger. He gave Alaskan Wrestling a bad name.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Last edited by kaboku68; 03/28/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's cool when they fight and not hug on the floor for 5 minutes. Then I turn it off, which has been a lot lately.

Another thing if you can hold a guy down and hit him in the face with your elbow, why can't he rip your ear off, or something along those lines. Or if he can bend your arm backwards why can't you grab his throat?

I don't mean to demean the sport but if it is ultimate and a guy can do some dirty tricks why not others?
Seems there are either to many rules or not enough, I'm not really sure which.

I'd like to hear some good answers to those questions

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watching UFC reruns right now as a matter of fact grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For me UFC is boring in general. I guess I'm just not entertained by half naked men rolling around in a ring or should I say octagon. I do get a kick out of the specials they run on TV where they just show the greatest knockouts. Those are pretty entertaining. UFC is one of them things that's more fun to actually do in real life rather than just watch. I'm an amateur boxer, so I know what I'm talking about. smile

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most certainly a fan.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dan Henderson is a good friend of mine and he is a great hunter, He came down to NM a few years back and killed a management buck with me. We were looking for an old 3x4 that was really heavy and would have grossed in the mid to high 170's, I saw the deer 2 days before Dan showed up but we were unable to locate him once he got there. Dan ended up killing a wide deer with weak forks, this deer did not have any teeth left and this deer had been a fixture on the ranch for years. It needed to be taken and Dan shot him at over 300 yards.

L to R me, my friend Olin and Dan
[Linked Image]

Next day found us on a different ranch glassing on a ridge and it was my turn to shoot. I was looking for something big and the night Before Olin had glassed 3 deer from this spot, one of the deer was a giant and if we could locate him I was going to make a run at him. Dan glassed this deer down in the pinons and it was the smallest of the 3 that Olin had seen the night before. We couldnt locate the other 2 bucks that had been with him but I decided to bail off the rim and cut the distance in case they popped up. Here is the deer

[Linked Image]

I got down there and it was evident that the other 2 bucks had decided to bed somewhere else, they werent anywhere around. While I was sitting on the ridge I found this matate

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I left it where I found it and headed down to be picked up

This past May Dan came out to bear hunt with me. We were going to film his hunt for Ryan Kleskos outdoor show called Grand Slam Adventures. We were hunting with another great friend of mine, Jim Richards owner of Blue Horse Outfitters in Savery WY. Dan had a number of opportunities had he chosen to pick up a muzzleloader or rifle but wanted to try and kill one with his Mathews bow for the show.

The cabin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

View from the porch
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/drumdaddy/bearhunt08031.jpg[/img]

L to R Dan, Jim Richards, Jeff Ragan and myself
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/drumdaddy/Hendersenhunt006.jpg[/img]

Our primary focus was to film Dans hunt but I slipped away our last night there and got one
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/drumdaddy/bearhunt08023.jpg[/img]

Jim Richards is first class! If your looking to book a hunt for spring or fall bear, deer, elk or lion he is a good guy to talk to. PM me for his info

We were in Atlanta in early September for Dans fight vs Rousimhar Pahlares and had to risk the season being shut down as its on quota. Wouldnt you know the day Dan flew into Denver the next week they closed the season so we just hung around Denver. It worked out well as the Dodgers were in town to play the Rockies and we had a friend that was pitching for the Dodgers so we went to his games. It was a GREAT weekend

Dan killed a damn nice bull with us this past October and I'll post up a few of thos pictures later.

I talked with him tonight and he is turkey hunting. Dude is crazy about the sport!

This past January Dan fought Rich Franklin in Dublin Ireland and won. Because of his victory he was chosen to coach vs Michael Bisping on this seasons Ultimate Fighter television show. The first episode airs on Wednesday night.

I'm really happy for Dan as it will give the general publiuc a chance to get to know him so to speak. Dan fought in Pride for years which was based in Japan and the average fan doesnt really know him. The hardcore guys will tell you that he is basically a living legend in the sport of MMA, he is the only man to hold two different belts in two different weight classes simultaneously. He owned the 183lb belt then knocked out Wanderlei Silva to take the 205lb belt in Pride.

He is a great dude and is no different than us, he loves to hunt and fish and just be in the outdoors in general. This past year in Denver he was asked for pictures and autographs constantly and he didnt turn one down. I asked him if it was getting old and he said "absolutely not" and "if it werent for the fans of the sport I wouldnt have a job".

Pull for him this season on Spike, he will fight Bisping July 11 in Vegas at UFC 100. It is rumored that the winner gets Anderson Silva anf he really wants that rematch. I feel he is the only guy right now that can really challenge Anderson and I think he'll beat him next time.

I'll post up a few pictures from the trip to Dublin in January if anybody is interested

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I'll post a few pictures from the trip in Dublin in January if anybody is interested"

dude, you already got us hooked.

you gotta post more now or we'll tell Dan you told us you whupped him for shooting that toothless old deer! (grin)

guys that dig hunting are welcome here

enjoyed your pics and stories

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1234, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 4,292 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,667
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.