Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage2005
Originally Posted by lodgepole
BAN ASIANS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the HELL is the matter with you. Go grow a pair and grow up. I'm sure because this 1 guy did something stupid that all asians are bad

Retard

While I agree that the shooters ethnicity has nothing to do with his actions, and mentioning it in the title of the thread was an act of bigotry, I interpreted lodgepole's comment as being tongue in cheek.

The guy should have sent his wife to Mexico and had her walk across the border, no problem. What a loon!!!!!!!!!

This is plan C if DHS refuses my mother in law entry a second time. Only we'd be doing a little kayaking up in the San Juans smile

Scott

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing. The utter LE moron that Cavuto just had on said (along the lines of) "all we could hope is that a security guard or an off-duty officer could stop this guy"

Well, golly gee, how about an armed citizen mr moron? Oh wait, it's New York and you like sheep. (I can't throw stones on that. I live in MD where concealed carry is readily available after you've been killed)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
none of this does any good for our cause.

law abiding folk (read: unarmed) are gunned down by non-law-abiding folk(read: armed to the teeth), who are bent and twisted in the first place.

i am sad for everyone in this scenario, including us.

i think i'm going to take my garand and the 03a3 to the range saturday. along with a can of ammo. and punch holes in paper targets... like you're supposed to do.

i liked the sig line of a member here... something about "Woof". you try to tell them the world's gone mad, and they don't listen to you...

sadly...

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Shooter was reported to have a high powered rifle and two hand guns. Surprizing with the way gun laws use to be there.

Having lived in Pennsylvania 10 minutes from Binghamton area for 18 years and working in NY state I had friends that waited 6 months in NY just for a permit to purchase a handgun and forget about a carry permit.

At that time it was a year jail time if you crossed the NY state line with a out of state handgun. The drive to my deer hunting area in PA crossed into NY several places and made you drive a bit slower so not to get pulled over...

Ted
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What the HELL is the matter with you. Go grow a pair and grow up. I'm sure because this 1 guy did something stupid that all asians are bad

Retard

I do believe that L-poles comment was a play on words. Soon you will see BAN ALL GUNS NOW.

I got it .. BP...

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by grouseman
Somebody mentioned gun control laws in NY State. Could somebody please elaborate with specifics?

They are suggesting that NY has strict gun laws. NY is a may issue state, although permits are lifetime and do not need to be renewed. How hard it is to get a permit is dependant on the county's issuing authority. Most upstate counties are pretty easy to get a permit.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Yor right it is county by county, if you lived in nearby Owego NY that county's sheriff was more gun friendly, but in Broome county were this was it had (last I knew) a much longer wait. Times change and may be easier since I moved away.

Ted
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Does this mean he won't get his green card now?

Folks, I think this incident will really cause things to hit the fan for gun control. With the last few incidents and the bs on Mexican guns, coupled with the suck-cess of Obama at the G20, this incident just might set off the real push for a new awb and a host of other restriction of rights.

You know, "never let a good crisis go to waste."

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Just what we needed, an excuse for more restrictive gun laws in NY.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Does this mean he won't get his green card now?

Posthumously.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Somebody mentioned gun control laws in NY State. Could somebody please elaborate with specifics?
New York State retained their own version of the "Assault Weapon" ban. It is also illegal to purchase or be in possession of a handgun (even in the home) without a discretionary license, and without each handgun being registered in your name. Some areas are easier than others to get such a license. In NY City, they only give them to celebrities, government officials, and the super wealthy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by noKnees

They are suggesting that NY has strict gun laws. NY is a may issue state, although permits are lifetime and do not need to be renewed. How hard it is to get a permit is dependant on the county's issuing authority. Most upstate counties are pretty easy to get a permit.
The frequency with which NY handgun licenses must be renewed depends on the local issuing authority. It varies greatly.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hawkeye, not sure if you mean permit when you say discretionary license, but that's all that's required. New purchases require the receipt to be presented to the issuing LE agency and the info gets put on your permit, then you can take possession of the gun.

No renewal of permit required in my locale nor those immediately surrounding.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by adkshootr
Hawkeye, not sure if you mean permit when you say discretionary license, but that's all that's required. New purchases require the receipt to be presented to the issuing LE agency and the info gets put on your permit, then you can take possession of the gun.

No renewal of permit required in my locale nor those immediately surrounding.
I lived in New York State for 36 years. Had a NY State concealed carry permit from 1980 till last June. Yes, they call it a permit instead of a license, but what I said was correct. I know from personal experience.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Me too...39 years and counting...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by old_willys
Yor right it is county by county, if you lived in nearby Owego NY that county's sheriff was more gun friendly, but in Broome county were this was it had (last I knew) a much longer wait. Times change and may be easier since I moved away.

The previous Sheriff of Chmung County even refused to sign unrestricted permits. (meaning concealed carry) for his own LEO's While I agree that this whole scenario is terrible forthose who are involved. I am anxious to see what new senator kirsten Gildibrand will do regarding the incoming gun grab laws including the ones NY state is set to vote on next week. Also where the f*** do they find news reporters. one girl who was reporting stated several times she saw military trucks and men in military uniforms approaching the scene. However those she saw were the BCSO swat team and the Regional Swat team from the FBI -Binghampton office. Just the stupidity of the questions Shepard Smith and the likes were asking, then that retartd HERALLDDDOOOOpe, lol. I won't even get started there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BPHC2
one girl who was reporting stated several times she saw military trucks and men in military uniforms approaching the scene. However those she saw were the BCSO swat team and the Regional Swat team from the FBI -Binghampton office.
Getting harder and harder to distinguish between military and police lately.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
umm, they were wearing black vests with big WHITE reflective letters that said POLICE and SHERIFF on them. no she is just a nitwit who was upset becaus ethe police wouldn't let her trapse around the crime scene with a camera

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Retard

While I agree that the shooters ethnicity has nothing to do with his actions, and mentioning it in the title of the thread was an act of bigotry, I interpreted lodgepole's comment as being tongue in cheek.

Well, there was that crazy Asian that shot those hunters a while back, and the crazy Asian that shot up the students at Virginia Tech a few years ago, and the crazy Asian that beheaded his girlfriend at Virginia Tech a few months ago, and now this crazy Asian killing 14 people in Binghamton. Probably more we/I haven't heard about.

Crazy Asians that is......

I don't really harbor any bigoted attitude towards Asians, but I might not care much for the Crazy Ones coming over here and going around here killing innnocents...after all, they did do that.

Not a student of Asian Culture either, but what's up with them coming over here and then freaking out with a gun or knife? If I'm not mistaken all of the above were not born into THIS culure nor had time to absorb the fact we have laws against this sort of behavior. Maybe it's okay in their Asian culture to settle [bleep] with crazy violence, but not here. We have enough trouble with our own citizens/crime and can do without their craziness.

Crazy Asians would be the common denominator, and it's not my/our fault they are Asian, or crazy.......

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't realize IllHonda would go this far.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, Allen Martin, 10 invisible), 1,720 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,481
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.