-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Asian takes in a whole gigantic group of people...wait for the facts.

We had a war in SE Asia...we now have two in SW Asia.

Last edited by kciH; 04/03/09.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by wildswalker

Well, there was that crazy Asian that shot those hunters a while back, and the crazy Asian that shot up the students at Virginia Tech a few years ago, and the crazy Asian that beheaded his girlfriend at Virginia Tech a few months ago, and now this crazy Asian killing 14 people in Binghamton. Probably more we/I haven't heard about.

Crazy Asians that is......

I don't really harbor any bigoted attitude towards Asians, but I might not care much for the Crazy Ones coming over here and going around here killing innnocents...after all, they did do that.

Not a student of Asian Culture either, but what's up with them coming over here and then freaking out with a gun or knife? If I'm not mistaken all of the above were not born into THIS culure nor had time to absorb the fact we have laws against this sort of behavior. Maybe it's okay in their Asian culture to settle [bleep] with crazy violence, but not here. We have enough trouble with our own citizens/crime and can do without their craziness.

Crazy Asians would be the common denominator, and it's not my/our fault they are Asian, or crazy.......

Well, I'm sure Blacks kill more people in a weekend in the U.S. than Asians do in a year. Guess the Asians just like to make it a spectacle.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

While I agree that the shooters ethnicity has nothing to do with his actions, and mentioning it in the title of the thread was an act of bigotry, I interpreted lodgepole's comment as being tongue in cheek.

Sad times in this country when a statement of fact is considered bigotry. "Bigot" and "Racist" get thrown around far too often these days. So much so, I'm not even sure people know what each term means anymore.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawkeye a NYS carry permit is good for life. It is issued by a County level JUDGE, NEVER a Sheriff. ANY Judge of a "Court of Record" is empowered to issue pistol permit. ONLY NYC has Statutory authority to have its own gun laws. SEC. 400.00 of the NYS Penal Law is governing authority.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If this is an Asian of the Muslim persuasion, you will never hear the truth.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I saw and heard the name, I got the impression of Laotian.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crazy [bleep] everywhere.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Bullsreye! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I heard the news earlier today, for some reason I though of the folks who live up that way from the 'fire.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
eviltwin I can verify that atleast in Chemung County NY the SHERIFF is the one who gives final approval for pistol permits. and it is more akin to being vetted by the CIA for employment, reference letters, six profile photographs. the reference letters cannot be from a cop, lawyer, judge or priest. it's bullshmitt. but what can you expect from NY. im just waiting for the day when the citizens finally decide to forcefullyy take this country back

IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Someone should have been packing and just maybe the death toll wouldn't have been so high.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
When I saw and heard the name, I got the impression of Laotian.

Would that be "Hmong", E.T. ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The S.O. is only authorized to do the fingerprinting, background check. They have to send the entire package to the Judge. The Sheriff approves nothing. The Judge otoh may let the application sit there for as long as he likes. Sec. 400.00 specifies that an application may be disapproved for cause. By not signing, a Judge avoids the spec. The entire law was courtesy of Big Tim Sullivan of NYC Tammany Hall fame. It was used to ensure that ONLY the demorat poll watchers could be armed. There is only ONE kind of permit in NYS that a Judge does not sign. Buried in the NYS Executive Law is the cute one. When someone joins the NYSP they must surrender their State Pistol Permit. When they retire, they are issued a Superintendent's Permit by the NYSP Superintendent. It is good everywhere in NYS,including NYC and State Gov't bldgs. a lot of people are not even aware that these permits exist and the NYSP sure doesn't advertise that they have their own nice little section of Law that puts them a cut above everyone else.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cross, not neccessarily. When the Commies took full power in SE Asia, any educated people were in deadly danger and most ran like hell.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This guy must have watched Grand Toreno with Clint Eastwood.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Laotians and Hmong are diff. ethnic groups but reside in the same country. The hmong were hill people generally and the Laotians river people. I have a Laotian friend.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Hawkeye a NYS carry permit is good for life. It is issued by a County level JUDGE, NEVER a Sheriff. ANY Judge of a "Court of Record" is empowered to issue pistol permit. ONLY NYC has Statutory authority to have its own gun laws. SEC. 400.00 of the NYS Penal Law is governing authority.

ET,

I believe that Suffolk County may have adopted home rule also.

Chris

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google up NYS Penal Law and check it out. Long read, but informative.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

While I agree that the shooters ethnicity has nothing to do with his actions, and mentioning it in the title of the thread was an act of bigotry, I interpreted lodgepole's comment as being tongue in cheek.

Sad times in this country when a statement of fact is considered bigotry. "Bigot" and "Racist" get thrown around far too often these days. So much so, I'm not even sure people know what each term means anymore.

I fer damn sure know what bigotry means, hence its use vice racist. Note that Redneck's original post didn't go out and make mention of the shooters race. Probably because it doesn't mean squat.

As for crazy shooters, here's a few for you:

Eric Harris
Dylan Klebold
Charles Whitman
Brenda Ann Spencer
Patrick Purdy
Charles Carl Roberts

And yet the headlines for those murders/shooting sprees didn't say "White shooter in Somewhereville"

Bats--t is bats--t. Race doesn't mean nothing when it comes to who's going to go on a shooting spree.

Regards,
Scott

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Charles Guiteau shot President Garfield FWIW....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.