Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ringworm
i love the way the conspiracy train jumps the tracks when the lights come on. scurry under the fridge will you?

Conspiracy train? Hardly. With the recent increase in shootings in the news, and how they are portrayed, it does not bode well for firearms owners. Do you not get that?

ETA: It's not about them using it to justify their viewpoint. What jerks my chain is the media often trying to show the weapons involved are "illegal" and should be banned, even when lawfully owned. It's a bunch of BS.

Last edited by Scorpion; 04/04/09.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scorpion
i love the way the conspiracy train jumps the tracks when the lights come on. scurry under the fridge will you?

Conspiracy train? Hardly. With the recent increase in shootings in the news, and how they are portrayed, it does not bode well for firearms owners. Do you not get that?

ETA: It's not about them using it to justify their viewpoint. What jerks my chain is the media often trying to show the weapons involved are "illegal" and should be banned, even when lawfully owned. It's a bunch of BS.

so you expect the left wing media to report on a mass killing involving an AK or an AR and not make some kind of anti gun slant?
thats pretty silly.
why do you think they shouldnt have the right to portray things the way they want?
you want the right to portray things the way you want, dont you?

or do you think that theres some kind of fairness in media?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In this case, we better hope that it was a full dress military AK47. That would take a lot of the onus off of us right there. VERY few legal full dress military AK's or AKM's in country OUTSIDE OF MILITARY CONTROL. That would shift the question considerably. Smuggling would be pretty nearly the only way to get one of those. That would raise the question of just who did this guy know.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scorpion

so you expect the left wing media to report on a mass killing involving an AK or an AR and not make some kind of anti gun slant?
thats pretty silly.
why do you think they shouldnt have the right to portray things the way they want?
you want the right to portray things the way you want, dont you?

or do you think that theres some kind of fairness in media?

It's not that I don't expect it, or feel that they shouldn't be allowed. I'm not in any way, shape, or form an advocate of infringing on the 1st Amendment no matter who it is. Don't put words in my mouth. It just pisses me off when stories are mis-portrayed to people to work for their agenda, no matter what they are. The whole propaganda thing, and all.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
actually, the conspiracy idea is not far fetched. I mean Obama is trying to go the whole "new world order, one world government thing again". He is the most anti gun president we have ever had, we are in the midst of a depression and he is taking a Boat load of flack for the multi million dollar bonuses that his "economic recovery plan" allowed to big time executives. If you were taking that flack wouldn't you want a diversion.

Having said that I doubt the Pittsburgh situation was anything more than a guy who was tired of living. He apparently made up his mind that he was going to die.

I honestly foresee this country entering another civil war/revolution within a couple of years. and maybe thats what this country needs.

Also the whole binghamton thing could have been avoided if we had A: Nuked vietnam during the Vietnam war B: closed down our borders and stopped letting immigrants into our country just cause"they are so suffered in their own countries". Maybe they should work to make their own countries better instead of coming here and f88king up ours.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
In this case, we better hope that it was a full dress military AK47. That would take a lot of the onus off of us right there. VERY few legal full dress military AK's or AKM's in country OUTSIDE OF MILITARY CONTROL. That would shift the question considerably. Smuggling would be pretty nearly the only way to get one of those. That would raise the question of just who did this guy know.

I hope you are right re the full dress. I also not only fear , I feel certain that the distinction will be lost on the masses and polutitions.
Prayers sent for the officers and their families in Pittsburgh and the victims and families in Binghampton .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Bad news for you US friends, and for us too, every problem that arise in the US or elsewhere in the world with firearms is used by Euro goverment to limit our access to firearms. Think that even if the AK was smuggled the medias and politicians will turn that against all gun bearers. It's easier than to try to solve the real problems of our dying world, problems created by bankers and speculators protected by their politicians friends.
Good luck for the future, we are in the same boat both side of the pond.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers for the fallen and their families.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
who cares what the media response is.

A huge percentage of Americans spend a third of their day glued to the Television. What it says is their reality.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is why I am out of touch with reality, I don't watch TV for days at a time.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In this case, we better hope that it was a full dress military AK47. That would take a lot of the onus off of us right there.

Most people wouldn't understand the difference even if you explained it to them,..and wouldn't care.

Those of us who enjoy firearms as a hobby frequently over estimate how clued in the public is on firearm related issues.

You'd be surprised at how many people think that you can go to a gun show and buy a machine gun for a few hundred dollars.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
That is why I am out of touch with reality, I don't watch TV for days at a time.

I lost interest in it many years ago. Except for an occasional sporting event or a documentary I'm interested in, I rarely pay any attention to it.

I strongly suspect that's why so many of my opinions are different than the mainstream.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I just got done framing my basement and came up to this. I'm not going to bother with the rest of the schit in this thread except to say RIP brothers.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers for the families involved. Police responding to domestic violence calls has to be the most dangerous job in America.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know people who believe you can still buy machine guns, long guns, and handguns....... through the mail. Along with hand grenades.

And they refuse to cloud the issue with the facts, either.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As Obama continues to F things up, I fear we will only see more and more of these types of events! What is this, the fourth mass shooting in the last few weeks?

Sad, very sad! Innocent people, and cops, are dying yet Obama continues his B.S!

Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
who's being a dick. I am asking... the cops from the last mass shooting get blasted by you mon morning QB's casue they wait to go ijn and now these guys get killed when they dont wait.
make up your mind...

I didn't blast anyone for waiting and I'm far from a Monday morn quarterback.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Hillary says you can buy them anywhere.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AI_fool
I thought that the point was that the left will use this tragedy to promote their agenda....much like most of your posts in threads that are of a tragic, or dramatic nature.

I guess your paranoia runs deeper than I thought.

why wouldnt they.

if a citizen with a pistol stopped the rampage we would use it to justify our viewpoint.
so why is it that the left cant use it to justify thiers.
i mean everyone has a right to think how they want. they dont agree w/ a certain aspect of our society having access to guns. now something comes along which rienforces thier viewpoint and you dont expect them to use it?
thats pretty niave.

Naive....not me. I fully expect it. It's all about agenda's and not much about the families. I would just like to hear both sides for a change. If the guy was a felon and wasn't suppose to have a gun legally, will that be brought up? I would just like to see some honest journalism with the facts, instead of the constant editorials for a change.

BTW, My prayers do go out to the families.

Steve

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 19rabbit52, 71 invisible), 3,302 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,433
Posts18,528,595
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.