Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Vince Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I have been deluged with requests for money from many groups all claiming to be the best place to protect my second amendment rights.
I am a life long (not LIFE - I can't afford it) member of the NRA
There is no way I can support all of the claimed Pro-gun groups that contact me. The only other ones that seemed legitimate were the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) and the GOA (Gun Owners of America)
I tried to research some others and they seem to be local groups or extremists who can't get along with any other groups (NRA bashers).
I can barely make ends meet but protecting our 2nd amendment rights is critical to our freedom and the reason my father wore the US military uniforms and risked or gave their lives to protect these freedoms.
Who are the true American organizations that deserve our support. This becomes a bit like religion, extremists will ruin things for all of us with their private agendas and destructive methods.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In times like these I feel we should back the groups with the most political muscle. That I beleive is the NRA. I beleive we would get more bang for our buck with them than some new start up group.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm another long-time NRA annual member (35+ years). I believe the NRA is the foremost pro second amendment organization in America.

μολὼν λαβέ
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Ask Maser...... he'll tell you that the NRA is worthless, but he'll be happy to sponsor your membership in La Raza.

Myself, I'm a Life Member of the NRA, and am getting the same for my wife and daughter.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In order to be Campfire Correct this poster is not permitted an opinion on this subject.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Scott F
In order to be Campfire Correct this poster is not permitted an opinion on this subject.

You've really got to get over this crap.............

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As a Life Member I couldn't tell you of a better group to support. They have always been on the other end of the phone line when I've called to ask their advice. If you can't afford a Life Membership you can always add family members on a yearly basis, also don't forget about their Legislative branch the NRA-ILA another great place to donate to. Be a part of it and ask how you can help.

Last edited by blackwinch; 04/19/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another life-long member of the NRA. I tried to be a life member some years ago but they screwed it up so bad that I withdrew and went back to being an annual member.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Greeting fellow gun rights advocates,
I have been browsing the web lately myself, looking at 2nd amendment sites for information, membership, etc., and ran across more than a few that are advocating outright refusal to follow many of the prevalent (illegal) gun laws, esp. in our neck of the woods, California (and this is where the front lines are, gents);
Was wondering (in general terms) how other gunners are viewing this situation. An example that might be relevant is a story I am trying to follow up on, of an arrest of a squirrel hunter recently here for violating the new no-lead bullet ban, in which Fish and Game confiscated his gun AND automobile); I personally feel this is tyrrany and will not go along with this kind of action

(*sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread, if the moderator wants to move this to another section fine)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am a life ember of the NRA and GOA and an annual member of The Second Amendment Foundation(SAF), The Citizens Committee for the Right to keep and bear Arms(CCRKBA), and the National Sport Shooting Foundation(NSSF).
They all have their "watch" list so I try to cover all bases.

As the old saying goes="The more the merrier"

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

Someone said, "Don't mess with old men, especially those who are veterans!!!
They'll not fight you, they'll kill you"!!!

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,492 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,679
Posts18,493,859
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.