Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It Continues

"The Norse legends prominently refer to the end-times. They say that in the end of the world a great battle called Ragnar�k, or the "Twilight of the gods," will take place between the forces of good and evil. In this great battle, all of the forces of good will be killed except for one called the 'All-father.'

This brings us to our most important point. "Bulfinch's Mythology" states that "the Scandinavians had an idea of a deity superior to Odin, uncreated and eternal," which they called the Alfadur or 'ALL-FATHER.' For although the Norse mythology allows for a pantheon of gods, yet only ONE GOD is said to be immortal. Thor, Odin, and the others are mortal and die at some point in the sagas.

But above Odin was said to be the one eternal true God - unnamed except to be called the "All-father," meaning the "ever-lasting father," as he is called in our Bibles in ISAIAH 9:6 and other places. In the original language of the Old Testament, God's name was YAHWEH, which Ferrar Fenton translates as meaning, "the Ever-Living." The Norse called the 'All-father' by no other name, believing that his personal name was too sacred to be spoken, although they apparently didn't have any memory or record of what that name was. Compare this with the actions of the few Israelites of the House of Judah who returned to Palestine and removed God's name, YAHWEH, from our Bibles, believing it too sacred to be spoken. Yes, I am convinced that although the Norse mythology was corrupted with the religion of Assyria and Canaan, yet the proofs are there that they were indeed "the people of the Book."

This complete article can be read at http://www.1335.com/normyth.html

I added the Finnish info because it is similar to Norse Mythology and I think its interesting.

For the Finnish the one God above all would be Ukko the supreme sky God.

"Ukko was the biggest god in Finnish paganism, a religion that was in Finland before Christianity. Ukko was god of sky and thunder. Ukko was an old man and he lived on the sky. He had a weapon - hammer or axe called Ukonvasara. Lightning is from this weapon."

The second Comming

"In Christian theology, the Second Coming is the anticipated return of Jesus from Heaven to earth, an event to fulfill aspects of Messianic prophecy, such as the general resurrection of the dead, the Last Judgment of the dead and the living and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God on Earth (also called the "Reign of God"), including the Messianic Age. Views about the nature of this return vary among Christian denominations."

Norse

"Baldr was ceremonially burnt upon his ship, Hringhorni, the largest of all ships. As he was carried to the ship, Odin whispered in his ear. This was to be a key riddle asked by Odin (in disguise) of the giant Vafthrudnir (and which was, of course, unanswerable) in the poem Vafthrudnismal. The riddle also appears in the riddles of Gestumblindi in Hervarar saga.[6]

The dwarf Litr was kicked by Thor into the funeral fire and burnt alive. Nanna, Baldr's wife, also threw herself on the funeral fire to await Ragnarok when she would be reunited with her husband (alternatively, she died of grief). Baldr's horse with all its trappings was also burned on the pyre. The ship was set to sea by Hyrrokin, a giantess, who came riding on a wolf and gave the ship such a push that fire flashed from the rollers and all the earth shook.

Upon Frigg's entreaties, delivered through the messenger Hermod, Hel promised to release Baldr from the underworld if all objects alive and dead would weep for him. And all did, except a giantess, ��kk, who refused to mourn the slain god. And thus Baldr had to remain in the underworld, not to emerge until after Ragnarok, when he and his brother H��r would be reconciled and rule the new earth together with Thor's sons."

Finnish

At the end of the Kalevala are hero V�in�m�inen says.

"Suns may rise and set in Suomi,
Rise and set for generations,
When the North will learn my teachings,
Will recall my wisdom-sayings,
Hungry for the true religion.
Then will Suomi need my coming,
Watch for me at dawn of morning,
That I may bring back the Sampo,
Bring anew the harp of joyance,
Bring again the golden moonlight,
Bring again the silver sunshine,
Peace and plenty to the Northland."

Last edited by Metsamies; 04/09/09.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Pyramid Text 1466
"the sky had not yet coming into being, the earth had not yet come into being, the gods had not yet been born, and death had not yet come into being,"
Pyramid Text 600:
O Atum-Kheprer, you were high on the height, you rose up as the bnbn-stone in the Mansion of the bn-bird in On, you spat out Shu, you spit out Tefnut, and you set your arms about them as the arms of a ka-symbol, that your essence might be in them....
Coffin Text spell 76
O you eight chaos gods, keepers of the chambers of the sky, whom Shu made from the efflux of his limbs, who bound together the ladder of Atum�I am Shu, whom Atum created, from whom Ra came to be. I was not fashioned in the womb, I was not bound together in the egg. I was not conceived...

Book of the Dead: "I have done away sin for thee and not acted fraudulently or deceitfully. I have not belittled God. I have not inflicted pain or caused another to weep. I have not murdered or given such an order. I have not used false balances or scales. I have not purloined (held back) the offerings to the gods. I have not stolen. I have not uttered lies or curses."
Exodus 20:7-16: "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain....Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery...Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor..."

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Illegal Aliens built the Pyramids

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I do believe I have seen something similar to that from other cultures texts. My belief is "same play, different actors" I am not convinced that thier is ONLY ONE TRUE WORD OF GOD.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bea175

Na. Copy and paste trolls built lies out of bullsh!t.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Plinker

http://www.1335.com/normyth.html

Read it your self if you wish to have the links to where I got the information on the Finnish Info just ask. I am more than willing to lead people to where I find this info, I am not hiding a thing. I was simply posting something that did not settle to well with the "NORM" when it comes to stories of the Bibel. I have said it before I have not yet read all of the Bible, but I am willing to bet you have never looked at the Edda (OLD OR YOUNG) or the Kalevala. You should read both, see how the stories are similar not all but some. Just remember they are books written long ago, both very poetic.

Ironic how you insult me with Norse Mythology, troll is a fearsome member of a race of creatures from Norse mythology.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I couldn't get that link to work.....Would you check it, please?

Steve

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
http://www.1335.com/normyth.html

Sorry all I had an extra . the end of it they are all good now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sounds like roots in Anglo-Isrealism.

Some of its proponents believe that the kings and queens of England are/were direct descendents of King David.

This has been disputed based on lack of DNA similarities that exist in mid-eastern Jewish population that have been found to be more closely related to other mid-eastern people.

Steve

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No arument here AI, I threw the Finnish bits in the version I posted just to mix it up a bit. You can't say the Finn bits are Anglo-Isrealism.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No. Finlanders were from migrations from Russia, which are thought of as descendents of Japheth. That would connect them with Noah, just as Israel descended from Noah through Shem.

About 25 yrs ago, I listened to a speaker on this subject. He threw out a lot of names connecting the areas of northern Europe to the Tribe of Dan....like Danmark, Danube and others.

Regardless, there are stories with similarities to the Flood and other events that can be traced to many cultures, even American Natives. In college, I took a class in mythology and I recall a story of two people that floated in a flood on the back of a giant turtle.

Interesting, in that the 70 weeks of Daniel that they discuss in that article you linked does refer to some of what they said, but the abomination of desolation has not yet come and therefore it really doesn't make sense to say that Finland's folklore is the fulfillment of that prophecy.

Steve

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Plinker

yeah, i had to cut and paste to get all the info i wanted. i didnt have time to go make a rub.

so if you dont type it all out its a lie?
ok.? confused

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Looks like William Tell shot about 10" high.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AI_fool
No. Finlanders were from migrations from Russia, which are thought of as descendents of Japheth. That would connect them with Noah, just as Israel descended from Noah through Shem.

About 25 yrs ago, I listened to a speaker on this subject. He threw out a lot of names connecting the areas of northern Europe to the Tribe of Dan....like Danmark, Danube and others.

Regardless, there are stories with similarities to the Flood and other events that can be traced to many cultures, even American Natives. In college, I took a class in mythology and I recall a story of two people that floated in a flood on the back of a giant turtle.

Interesting, in that the 70 weeks of Daniel that they discuss in that article you linked does refer to some of what they said, but the abomination of desolation has not yet come and therefore it really doesn't make sense to say that Finland's folklore is the fulfillment of that prophecy.

I didn't say it was a fulfillment, I think it may be a translation of it. Also if the Finn's did come from the second son of Japheth named Magog, why was the religion of the Finn's "Mythology"? The THEORY that they came from Magog was formed by Daniel Juslenius, not the first time this has been mentioned to me. Don't forget that Daniel formed this theory after the long and violent conversion of Finland to Christianity, not to mention he was a famous writter not a scientist. Modern science and genetical analysis have proved that genetically Finns are closer to the Swedes of the Bromme culture and the Sami peoples.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,412
Posts18,528,173
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.