Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
In my humble gun collection I have five Savage model 99's. I'm scared that future political laws will cause me to have to register them and risk confiscation. Also worried that prices will be dropping on them due to people worried they are a bad investment, subject to confiscation. Has anybody seen a drop in what you can get for them? A house I own dropped in price from $700,000 in 2005 to $500,0000 today. I wonder if the same can be said for our Savages. mad

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
We have had a Democrat in office in the past. As far as prices on firearms they are at an all time high here in the Midwest. If you bought the rifles at a fair price you should be able to get your money out of them. Enjoy you hobbies or call Cables and they will buy your Model 99 rifles. Last time I looked at Cabalas web site (gun library) the prices on Savage Model 99 are out of site.

Take one of the rifles out and run a few rounds through it and remember why you purchased them to begin with.

38superman

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You buy and sell house's in the 5-750K$ range...and your worried about the price's of 1500$ worth of rifles? Dude..........

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slideaction
A house I own dropped in price from $700,000 in 2005 to $500,0000 today. I wonder if the same can be said for our Savages. mad

Too bad you didn't put that $700K into guns in 2005 , I expect it would be worth $1.2mil today.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jed 1899
You buy and sell house's in the 5-750K$ range...and your worried about the price's of 1500$ worth of rifles? Dude..........

lmao grin

A shootin iron is a tool used for shootin
much like
a branding iron is a tool used for branding

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to go to gunshows with a fellow that bought a new Lincoln every 2 years. He figured he lost $5000/year on his cars depreciation. Same man would almost cry if he had to sell a gun for $25 less than he paid for it.
Go figure?
BillR

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There still better than a 401K!! smile Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Loggah
There still better than a 401K!! smile Don

Don
What the heck is a 401K???? shocked eek grin I heard thy have become 201K's by some! shocked
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You came here with nothin and youll leave with the same and we will go stand our judgement without money or guns,and as Jesus said,I am the way the truth and the light and the ONLY way to the father is but by me so therefore I have no worry........

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coyo
You came here with nothin and youll leave with the same ...

Its nice to have something to help kill the time in between.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
V
Scared? no. If you really sat at thought about the process our government would have to go through to "corral" guns in our country I think you would relize the difficulty and risk involved. Wouldn't want to be the guy coming to my house to try and "confiscate" my tools.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When buying a new, old Savage, I think of what a friend of mine once said, "it's only guaranteed to be worth what you can get for it at a pawn shop anyways, so buy it and enjoy it while you can".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My only worry is that I may find the one that doesn't shoot... thus far all mine shoot! smile

Someday I may worry that I might actually sell one at a loss. wink

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the guns will always give a better return than hookers and blow.grin

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Grogel is right - this is a real "loophole" addiction wink

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Quite honestly, I seriously doubt that any "gun registration" laws will be passed given what happened to the democrats who voted for it in the early 2000's (2002?).

It was the ONLY time in American history that the person (the Speaker of the House of Representatives) 3rd. in line for the U.S. Presidency (IF the President and the Vice-President were disabled or died) EVER lost an election when they held the Speaker's job!!!

The GREATEST thing politicans FEAR most is being voted out of office... and that's what happened to the Democratic House Speaker because, it was claimed and acknowledged, he voted FOR all the new anti-gun laws.

And even IF the politicans vote FOR "gun registration" doesn't mean we, as honest, law-abiding American citizens, should be "cooperative" since the 2nd. Amendment of our Constitution plainly states it is the "right of the People to keep and bear arms".

Such a law would be in direct opposition to the 2nd. Amendment and, therefore, an "illegal" law.

Like our "brothers" in Canada, I believe a great many American gun-owners would simply REFUSE to register their guns and the "registration law" would fall into disrepute and be challenged in the courts.

Even if those "challenges" was not effective, I believe that a great many (most?) American gun-owners would avoid "registering" their guns since we have prior knowledge that "registration" lists are used as "confiscation" lists just as they were in Nazi Germany under Adolph Hitler and in the U.S.S.R. under Joe Stalin... and in more than a dozen Nations ruled by dictators since World War II resulting in MILLIONS of their citizens, who opposed the dictator, being murdered, imprisoned or they simply "disappeared".

By their nature, Americans are law-abiding and the United States is a Nation of laws. However, I seriously doubt that most Americans would obey an unjust or illegal law (one which opposed our Constitution) such as gun registration or any law which interfered with our rights and freedom-loving citizens.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but even if I am, I shall honor the oath I made when I was recognized by the United States Congress which voted me "an Officer and a Gentleman"... and, as such, I pledged my sacred honor to "protect our Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic."

Even though I eventually resigned my Commission, I've never recinded that oath. Therefore, the oath is still in force and valid.

There are times when honorable men must take action and do things they prefer NOT to do, but due to the oath I willingly took and STILL HONOR, I would have NO CHOICE but to enforce my oath by defending our Constitution!

THIS is the reason I have always signed my posts with:

"Strength & Honor..."

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

L
LRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
200.5 K's I think.

My Honeywell stock is only worth 1/2 of what it was a year ago, however since I never paid a dime for any of it I can't really say I have lost any of it.

All my possesions have a value of zero...because I don't plan to sell any and hope to kill time with them as GD says, until I go to the furnace and then I'm quite sure I won't care.

Save the Earth...its the only planet with chocolate!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Originally Posted by coyo
You came here with nothin and youll leave with the same ...

Its nice to have something to help kill the time in between.

...and deer

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What guns? whistle whistle wink

I haven't seen any of those in years!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not a wealthy guy, I inherited the house. It's worth $500,000 now, but can't find a buyer for it. Like MW406 said, "it's only guaranteed to be worth what you can get for it at a pawn shop".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,298
Posts18,525,879
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.