Hop To
P
Pat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P

Thanks again BamBam.....

If a little-known but influential alliance of state politicians, large retailers, and tax collectors have their way, the days of tax-free Internet shopping may be nearly over.

A bill expected to be introduced in the U.S. Congress as early as Monday would rewrite the ground rules for mail order and Internet sales by eliminating what its supporters view as a "loophole" that, in many cases, allows Americans to shop over the Internet without paying sales taxes.

The Story Here

Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One would expect this to happen in Obamaland. Its only the beginning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe it's just the state I live in, but I am always charged sales tax on what I buy over the Internet.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, if your state requires sales tax, you are supposed to pay the sales tax come tax time for anything you bought over the internet. shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Did you see that the Republican Senator from WY is expected to be one of the 2 introducing this?

(And they wonder why the T.E.A. Parties aren't that enthralled with the Rep party.)

It must be because either Wyoming has so many mail order houses (LOL) or because that's the only shopping being done in WY right now.

So, does that mean that the taxes paid by the consumer will go to the state of residence?

"We will have the bill ready for introduction by next Monday," said Neal Osten of the National Conference of State Legislatures. "We finalized the language and now we're working out the remaining issues and adding some new provisions at the request of various stakeholders."

Anyone else smell bacon?

Steve

IC B2

P
Pat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Kansas & a few others were the first to sign on. Duh...
If the states think they are missing out, just wait. UPS,USPS,FedX are all gonna take another hit. Guess who they pay taxes to?

Stupid azzholes anyway.

On another subject, it just started hailing here, was up down South Les???

Pat

Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing as of yet, but monument hill is being hit, Cripple Creek was getting snow this morning. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
But 'til this bill becomes law, there is going to be a major on-line shopping spree, no doubt.

And....just cloudy here.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Actually, if your state requires sales tax, you are supposed to pay the sales tax come tax time for anything you bought over the internet. shocked

Which is why I never have and never will buy anything over the Internet.

That's my story and etc.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Maybe it's just the state I live in, but I am always charged sales tax on what I buy over the Internet.

Penny

On everything? I only see it on purchases from states that have brick and mortar locations in MD, e.g. LLBean, BassPro but I'm never charged tax from Cabelas or smaller retailers.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was told that if the company you are buying from has a store in your state you then pay sales, if not, no sales.

You knew it had to end, just noway they were going to let "no sales tax" go on.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AI_fool
Did you see that the Republican Senator from WY is expected to be one of the 2 introducing this?

(And they wonder why the T.E.A. Parties aren't that enthralled with the Rep party.)

It must be because either Wyoming has so many mail order houses (LOL) or because that's the only shopping being done in WY right now.

So, does that mean that the taxes paid by the consumer will go to the state of residence?

"We will have the bill ready for introduction by next Monday," said Neal Osten of the National Conference of State Legislatures. "We finalized the language and now we're working out the remaining issues and adding some new provisions at the request of various stakeholders."

Anyone else smell bacon?

No we don't have many mail order houses here in Wyoming. But yes, Wyomingites do order alot from other out of state mail order places, for obvious reasons. So this will hurt us big time. Our Rep Senator has lost his mind, and will surely lose his seat next election. Hard to tell the Dems from the Reps anymore. But things WILL change by the next election. Wyoming is Pissed Off.

Last edited by bearmgc; 04/16/09.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What else is new??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Coming from Wisconsin, You're just used to it. Tax tax tax. Sad that folks continue to live in such places. Better if you got out now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (257 roberts, 257_X_50, 21, 2ndwind, 41rem, 5 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,017
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.