T
well, that too.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
rode in again today. 46 degrees when i left home. Much better.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Heading out on the Wisconsin River for the first time this year. Hope to pick up a few Walleyes.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Four Walleyes, 1 White Crappie, 2 Rock Bass. Largest Walleye was 14 1/2" need to be 15" to be legal. Great day to be on the water.

71* and sunny here today.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
kind of cold here, envious of your fishing & good weather.

I'd like to go check the trail cam & go look for sheds at deer camp but the trails & forest roads are really bad. not sure
if we are up for the mud & the cold. we'll see.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We have rain in the forecast for this weekend and high 40's for highs on Sunday and Monday. Hate to see rain on the weekends, but we really do need the moisture.

Have a great weekend everyone!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I could garuantee it will rain tomorrow or Sunday. I'm fishing on Sunday, so plan on that.

Picked up the new boat today in Minneapolis. I'm hoping she runs like a top, but we'll see.

Bill, IF I caught 500 walleyes on the WI River last year, 450 of them were 14.5" long. People must keep every one that is even close to 15", otherwise where the hell do they go?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, whats your boat situation? Did you ever sell the Ranger and get a different one?

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep, sold the Ranger. Bought an Alumacraft Mag 165 w/70hp Yamaha 2stroke.

Tried it out yesterday, in the rain of course. I was impressed with that little bugger. Jumps right up on plane, 34mph on the gps. It has some big fin on the motor to help it plane better, if I take that off, I think I could get 3-5 more mph, be cause I couldn't trim up with all that water pressure on that fin.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That's kind of what I'm looking to upgrade to, only in a 4 stroke. I'm thinking that size of boat with a 70 should pop up on plane just fine with a 70 fin or not.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Yep, sold the Ranger. Bought an Alumacraft Mag 165 w/70hp Yamaha 2stroke.

Tried it out yesterday, in the rain of course. I was impressed with that little bugger. Jumps right up on plane, 34mph on the gps. It has some big fin on the motor to help it plane better, if I take that off, I think I could get 3-5 more mph, be cause I couldn't trim up with all that water pressure on that fin.

Sounds like a nice rig Tom.

37* this afternoon and a mix of rain/snow. Heard Eagle River had 3" of snow overnight. Could be as much as 5" over by Fond Du Lac tonight.

My Turkey season starts Wednesday, hope I can drop one this year.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
cold & damp here. frost is coming out of the ground in the form of water boiling out from last years wet fall.

I'm very much ready to get back out to camp, I want to check the trail cam, cut some firewood... I just want to get out there. I have this old tongue & groove barnwood to panel the inside of the shack with, I have trails to work on, I have a food plot to put in, stands to build, stands to improve on, a road to maintain.. this sloppy thaw part of spring is for the birds.

The roads are terrible, trails are terrible, traveling on the forest roads & trails right now just really rutts things up so I've been holding off & waiting for some warm drying weather.

oh i'm sick of the wet sloppy spring mess.

crazy

But we had a good weekend, we were treated to the company of my 2 nieces. The older of which is quite the young lady, very impressive way about herself, thoughtful, helpful, just such a wonderful young lady who is excited about earning her drivers license very soon. smile

And the younger of the two, little angel with the big hair grin. Angel on a dirt bike with muddy boots that is grin she tore it up all weekend on a little honda 70 dirt bike & did very well with the riding, a natural.

It was the highlight of our cool damp weekend having the girls around. We even got a chance to talk about & plan our next camping trip to BWCA while they were up. We had all of my yellow Fisher maps spread out all over the living room floor.

We think we've got it figured out. smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ATTN: Virtual Chickenbucks

Today's lesson in motivation:

Green Day is coming to Fargo in July.

I told 11 year old Loonling that if his final quarter report card is all A's and B's I will take him to the Green Day concert.

If his final quarter report card is all A's I promise to NOT wear a Bocephus shirt to said concert ...

Secondary lesson:

Every now and then one has to go out on a limb and teach a young man what "rebellion" truly means ...

Jus' thought I'd share ...

GE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I guess the guy did a lot of slower speed driving or something, otherwise I can't figure out why you'd need that fin. After this weekend I think I'm going to pull it off and see how she runs without it. I really don't see a need for it.

Max HP is 80 on this particular year. The newer ones are rated for 90, I think it would outright fly with a 90 on it.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
he probably saw it on tv & figured he needed it. maybe the shamwow guy sold it to him? grin

One of my boats had one on when I bought it. I found that I did better without it. lots of added drag in the case of our old boat anyways.

I figure if they were such a great thing then we'd see new merc's & evenrudes sold with factory wings on the lower. grin

clear sky this morning over northern MN. I would like to be outside today to get some of that sunshine.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Gav, that works with cell phones too. There's all kinds of motivational bait that works on kids. A larger dirt bike is baiting along my 11 year old... that and the prospect of a tag along seat on an Oct elk hunt in Colorado.... grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had one of those plates on a boat.They were to help againt cavitation when trolling.It makes the motor dig deeper in the water and increases thrust at low speed.
I bought a 20 gauge NEF single barrel shotgun yesterday.Got 5 boxes of 7-1/2's with it.Nice little package deal.Didn't really need it but it was there and I'm a sucker for a bargain in guns.
Spring down here is just beautiful.All the trees now have leaved.All of the flowers are blooming.The migratory birds are starting to appear.I bought yet another bird feeder for the back yard.This is a two tube thistle feeder for the yellow finches.
I planted my tomatoes Sunday.
Turkey season will be over April 30th.I have been once and saw four birds but none were toms.I hope to get to go at least a few more times.
The gun shop at which I work part time two days a week has been just as busy as can be for the past few months.There are certain calibers of ammunition that we are out of and cannot ascertain when our reorders will be filled.We ordered guns in January that have yet to appear.I am so glad that I reload.
Hope everyone has a great day today.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't dare put tomatos in the ground until mothers day, and even then it's risky here.

I cant wait.

Something clever here.

Page 167 of 1,842 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 12 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.