Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No read this. Whatta ya think?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517421,00.html

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn and me in my shorts. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More BS is what I think. I believe in space men about as much I do the Easter Bunny.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Now where did I leave my tin-foil hat?? smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
logic dictates that we are not alone in the universe,think about the immense size of the universe,to think that we are they only"inteligent" beings in a place this big is arrogant.

I've never seen a UFO or an alien myself but I wouldn't be suprised to see proof,too many sightings and stories to dismiss it.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We may have been visited, but I don't think so anymore, not up to ext intellectual standards.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"Beam me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life on this planet..."

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More damn illegal aliens to appease. That's just great.

And a whole nuther class of racism. We're doomed.

Might as well vote one of them into the whitehouse. At this point what could it hurt?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
all I know for sure, is that space aliens are real to some folks.......

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I am certain that there is a tremendously much greater chance that space aliens exist than there is that our government is fit to be our government.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, did they let them take shrooms to the moon?

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Wow, did they let them take shrooms to the moon? "

Well, according to the article the man IS credited with the "longest moonwalk in history".

An honor I'd have guessed should go to Michael Jackson.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep we are being visited and they elected the last one President

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking about moving to their country, wherever that may be.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
ADK4Rick:

You got it right. There are two things that are statistically certain based upon the science that we know today.

1. There are certainly many millions of planets in the vast universe that harbor life.

2. The distances are so vast and attainable velocity is so limited that it's also certain our planet will never be visited by life from another planet, nor will we be able to visit our neighbors.

There are billions of galaxies in the universe and in each galaxie there are billions of suns and many must have planets. That means there are trillions of planets and if only one in a million planets have environments similar to ours, then there are billions of planets that can support life. If only one in a thousand planets that can support life, does support life, then there are millions of planets with life on them. So life on other planets is a certainty.

The mathematics associated with Einstein's general theory of relativaty clearly indicate that it is impossible to approach the speed of light. The distances between suns is so vast that it's impossible to travel between suns in several life times. Our nearest neighbor suns are several hundred light years away so it would take centuries to travel to our nearest neighbors and we don't know if those suns have planets. It would take thousands of life times to travel beyond our galaxie. Star Trek warp speed is impossible based upon the mathematics and physics that the scientific community accepts today.

Although we are certainly not alone in the universe, we will never be able to visit our neighbors nor can they visit us.

UFO is an acronym standing for Unidentified Flying Object. I've seen several flying objects that I could not identify, but there's no evidence that would lead me to jump to the illogical conclusion that there origin is extra-terrestrial.

I suppose that anything is possible, so it's possible that maybe some time in the future scientists may discover new science and new physics that we can't even guess at today. So it's possible that interstellar space travel may be realistic some day. It's also possible that other life forms, much older than ours may have discovered that science and they can accomplish interstellar travel. Even if this were the case, it seems very unlikely to me that some advanced intellectual society would find anything of interest in our obscure planet on the extreme frontier of an average galaxie surrounded by millions of more interesting places. All this is possible but it is so unlikely that it must fall into the realm of pure fantasy.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Yep we are being visited and they elected the last one President

Beat me to it...... but you forgot pelosi, swinestien, biden, klinton and on and on....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I was expecting a picture of your Prez and the first bim . .. I mean "lady." wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
THE ONLY ALIENS WE HAVE IN THE USA ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing history has taught us is to never say never. In 1900 heavier than air powered flight was still considered impossible. 200 years ago who even imagined that there were "waves" all around us that had existed since the dawn of time and that we can use to transmit images and sounds long distances? Forty years ago Star Trek communicators and tricorders were science fiction, now every teenager carries a device 1/10th the size of that clunky tricorder that has more processing power than the computers used to send spacecraft to the moon, can store gigabytes of data and connect to a vast network of communication and information.

Some sixty years ago the top engineers and scientists in the nation hotly debated whether man would ever travel faster than the speed of sound.

I wouldn't count out FTL travel, and the way it's accomplished may be (will very probably be) in some manner we haven't even thought of yet.

As to space aliens living among us - heck yes, they're here!

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KC
The mathematics associated with Einstein's general theory of relativaty clearly indicate that it is impossible to approach the speed of light. The distances between suns is so vast that it's impossible to travel between suns in several life times. Our nearest neighbor suns are several hundred light years away so it would take centuries to travel to our nearest neighbors and we don't know if those suns have planets. It would take thousands of life times to travel beyond our galaxie. Star Trek warp speed is impossible based upon the mathematics and physics that the scientific community accepts today.

Alpha Centauri is only about 4 light years away, and there are many more closer than say, 50 light years. Even at Einstein's speed, we could get there and back.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 75 invisible), 3,396 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,423
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.