Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On Wednsday, Jack was trying to get his sister to "pull me fast on my scooter" behind her bike so he can jump the culvert in the driveway.

I yelled to him to put on his helmet, and he looked at me like I'm retarded and said "Dad, I don't haffta, bbbbecause my head is already hard, it won't hurt." crazy

this is going to be an expensive summer.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, yes... the filthy cat will make a nettin a 30in Pike easy! I would inform him that, should he catch said cat, removal from the net could prove to be very much like releasing a a stroked out weedeater.... and that he might want to wait for assistance from the masta of destruction... that be you... smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh yeah, I've got that release all planned out already...

grin

9 lives my azz... we'll see about that. laugh

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave,

Great story! That put a big smile on my face. Gotta love kids and the crazy things they do. I can just picture it. Would have loved to have seen it "live."

As John said (I'm a lover of labs), I can just imagine that lab (with a big smile on his face) playing chicken with your son too.

That whole ordeal would have been a blast to see!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh i can see in in my head. little boy, evil laugh, smile ear to ear. goofy black lab side stepping his every move like a bull fighter....

yeah, good stuff.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I had to cut the landing net out of the back wheel. I imagine he had the little 50cc engine wound up as fast as my parental governor screw would allow. He probably had ole gus at a healthy trot reaching out to try to get that net over the dogs head & he must have missed & caught the net on the ground ahead of him.... from there, it ended up in the back tire & I imagine he went from full speed to a dead stop pretty much instantly which probably sent him over the handlebars...

Gus got away, Joey got scuffed up, dad's good "big fish net" was ruined... oh it just went from top of the world to "oh Chitte" in an instant!! grin

God i love that boy.

Going to have to talk to him about maybe trying for that filthy cat next time instead though.

Glad he didn't pole vault unexpectedly cool

Waiting for Mrs ND to weigh in on the next target though whistle

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
she don't like gary the filthy outside cat any more than i do.

We are not the "cat people" that we once thought we were when we were younger. grin

We just arn't cat people.

but the oldest boy likes that cat so... that's what keeps him alive.

whistle

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
20 some years ago when my oldest was 5-6 and the 2nd was 3, we had watched a show on tv with Evil Knevil. My boys proceed to go out and build a ramp, unbeknown to me. One 2 X 12 about 8' long and one of my sawhorses that stood about 30" tall. Oldest went first with his bicycle and everything went perfect. The younger son had not yet stepped up to a bike, but he had one of these go anywhere trikes that worked great in the sand. Only thing these 2 future jumping stars didn't think about was the back tires on the trike. Yep, he had the speed up and had it lined up perfect and when that back end hit the 2 x 12 it brought everything to a sudden stop, except for him. Had a golfball size gooseegg on his forehead where he hit the sawhorse on the way over.

Just like Dave, I love those boys and they turned out pretty darn good. Now they both have kids of their own and the kids are taking after them. I LOVE IT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by M1894
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Yer a killjoy BrocksDad. wink

Sounds more like he is encouraging the 8 year old to learn to rope left handed as well as right handed. cool

His roping career was started left handed but found out he could only be a healer. At age 4 he asked for a right handed rope and he's rope right handed ever since. He still doesn't like healing much, he Heads most of the time.

Have Fun

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by northern_dave

God i love that boy.

Sounds like a great kid, but he ain't gonna date my daughters . . . .grin

BMT

Now that's FUNNY as hell.....

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
This got me too, "gary is a filthy outside cat".

Yeah, that one split my side! laugh

WAR EAGLE!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Only thing wrong with the whole thread is that Gary the filthy outside cat should have been injured in the mix. Don't you have an old pike pole he can use as a lance to sprear that ugly ole cat with? grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I see to short term out comes here, one the Boy needs a hot fudge sundae, and a fishing trip. On the long term, the young guy is going to be a heck of a helicopter pilot. As for the cat, that is what 22 hornets are for.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i'll see what I can do but gary has been run over by one small dirt bike already so he tends to shy away from the dirt bikes.

my oldest boy started out on a 50cc bike as well & he ran his buddy Gary the filthy outside cat over one day, ran his azz right over, front tire, back tire! Thump-thump!

The cat took off running into the woods kind of sideways & I figured that was it for Gary the filthy cat.

But he came back a couple hours later like nothing had happened.

That was probably 5 years ago already, Gary the filthy cat is getting old, he may die of old age yet.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always tell my son and nephews that I know what they're thinking because I used to be them.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
i'll see what I can do but gary has been run over by one small dirt bike already so he tends to shy away from the dirt bikes.

You've diagnosed the problem, now think outside the box (odd concept, really, as I'd rather be inside the box).

If the cat is shy of the bike, the boy needs something with a longer reach. Broomstick with a nail? He's just going to need to learn to hold it on the bike at sloooooowwwwww speed before he goes for the gold.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Well I see to short term out comes here, one the Boy needs a hot fudge sundae, and a fishing trip. On the long term, the young guy is going to be a heck of a helicopter pilot. As for the cat, that is what 22 hornets are for.

now that you mention it I am absolutely certain that is what 22 hornets are for.

from now on when i think to myself "what's a 22 hornet really good for?" Well I guess i just won't ever have to wonder any more. grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I'm hanging it up for the week. time to go pick up my little warrior from daycare.

The animals fear him, he is one of us, just way smaller. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago I came home to my wife and her best friend all up set because the boys had managed to find a firecracker and it went off so close to them that one had burns on the back of his hand and both had a noticable lose of hair up to were thier hats were.
after telling both of them what bad boys they were I called them out side to look at something.
1st words out of my mouth was were in the Sam Heck did you two Find the black powder.
Not only had they set off the powder but they had dug a small hole and pored the powder in it.
When tossing matches at it didn't work, so one of the rocket scientist stood over it and droped the match[that would have been my son].
Years later I told them how I knew what they had done, and yes I burnt my finger too.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave, thanks for posting this thread. it really made my good day much better.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1234, 51 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,403
Posts18,527,970
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.