Print Thread
Hop To
Page 169 of 1,842 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
smile LMAO

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
WOW 5 beards, that is a trophy bird for sure. I want one with 1 beard.

I did get some damage. I didn't stop when I hit it...there was no crunch so I never looked. I had a rules meeting for a fishing tourney last night and my buddy asked what happened to my truck. It looks like I caught that bugger in the fog light near the tire, and the tire too because I drove over it.

Do you hunt in the afternoon/evening at all? We don't much because we're pretty whipped by sunset. But I'd like to this year, we've been hunting this property for a few years now and are starting to know it and what the turkeys do.

Good luck, I want to see some pics!

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
tzone,

Going back to your 165 and the fin.... Jerk the darn thing off and never look back! The boat will perform just fine with the 70 horse 2-stroke. If it doesn't there is something wrong with the engine. I have run the same boat with a 60 horsepower four stroke tiller since 2003 and have plenty of power and speed. Your 70 horse should be that much better. As a rule, the two-strokes pop a boat out of the hole and up on plane a little quicker than a four-stroke of the same horsepower. I have no complaints with the 60 horse in that department so have at it with your 70.

I think you will like the hull. It will perform well and will take some big water. At least that has been my experience. I fish tournaments with mine and love it. I really don't have a desire to replace it. It works very well.

Enjoy!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She took some decent sized chop last Sunday. I was pretty impressed. It was no Ranger in the ride department, but what the hell is?

I'm fishing a tourney with it tomorrow. After the weigh in, I'm yanking the fin and going to try it out. I just don't want to do it before the tourney, incase it really does need to be on there.

It isn't much of a tourney, just an annual fund raiser for the local Lions Club. You don't really win any money, couple hundred bucks maybe. Bragging rights and a trophy is about it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, I've hunted both. Mornings seem to be better for me, but I've certainly seen birds in the afternoon and evening although I have to admit I tend to doze off a lot in the afternoon. One of the other guys I turkey hunt with got his in the evening last week.

Hope the damage isn't to bad to the truck.

Saw your PM and responded.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
This mornings hunt was cut short by lightning. Morning got off to a bad start as I was running late and didn't get to my blind until about 5:40 AM. Heard one Tom and saw about 8 hens than it got quiet.

Tom, good luck with your tourney this weekend.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You are right about the Ranger ride. There is none finer! But for a tin boat the little 165 isn't that bad.

Good luck in your tourney and it will be interesting to see how the boat performs without wings. I have no doubt it will be fine.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks,

It looks like I'll need the rain gear. T-storms most of the weekend coming here.

My plan is to keep this boat so I can save money to buy a new Ranger 1760 or 1860 Angler, unless my neighbor gives mea screaming deal on his 620 when he sells it.

I'm very supprised and impressed by the amount of stroage in the 165. There is as much as my 692 had, just less walking space.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I dont know if there is as much difference between a good Alumacraft and a Ranger as people make it out to be. I am not dishing the Ranger at all, they ride very nice. But I just think the gap is a lot smaller than people think. Just my .02.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I just got back from putting all my stuff in the boat for tomorrow. I have all my gear in there, and storage to spare yet.

I'm starting to like this boat. Tomorrow will be the first test. I have only run it for about a half hour to date.

I think where the Ranger shines is the ride, plain and simple. Nothing compares to a glass, and Ranger is at the top of the game in that department.

I've never owned an alumacraft, so time will tell there. They certainly a better value than Lund, as far a money goes.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hope you have good rain gear Tom. Rain has quit for now, and it's clearing a little but more rain is on the way.

You're Alumacraft will give you years of great service.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tom is right on the Ranger having a better ride than the Alumacraft. I own both and there is no comparison. Having said that, I usually take the alumacraft when I go fishing. I like the tiller much better than a wheel boat. I have been using Alumacraft boats since 1968 and Bill, you are right, that little 165 will give him years of great service. It is a great hull and excellent interior layout. They fish as well as any boat on the market as far as I am concerned.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well my oldest boy finished up his MN hunter safety training this morning. I took some pictures.

Crossing a fence safely:

[Linked Image]

Tree stand safety:

[Linked Image]

And finally, the sighting:

[Linked Image]

the boy passed with flying colors!! grin

I also wanted to show my uncle dusty something that follwed me home from the store.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I finally went & got that 264WM grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't you hate it when that happens? grin Darn things following you home like that!

Good for you and your boy! I miss those days!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats to your son on the hunter safety smile
Looks like they put a lot more into the class than they did way back when I took it. I think that is a good thing.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I also wanted to show my uncle dusty something that follwed me home from the store.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I finally went & got that 264WM grin

Hope you got a nice discount on that Dave , looks like the factory forgot to put sights on it . shocked
Amazing how bad quality control is these days . Hope you double check and make sure they didn't forget any other parts before you touch off that first round.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Congrats, Rus with scissors! That is a pretty big step in a boys life. Glad to see you passes with flying colors too.

Dave,

Nice looking rifle, and a MKII too. I didn't know they made em it that round.

Fishing yesterday was fun, but we got wet. Even with the rain gear on. We fished for walleyes in the morning and did fair, but no keepers. The smallmouth bass started going about 10 am but just two keepers.

We had fun though and it was nice to get out for the first time of the season.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Fishing yesterday was fun, but we got wet. Even with the rain gear on. We fished for walleyes in the morning and did fair, but no keepers. The smallmouth bass started going about 10 am but just two keepers.

We had fun though and it was nice to get out for the first time of the season.

So how was the Alumacraft?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on your boy, Dave. 'Hope to hear some good hunting stories this fall. Be sure to tell 'im what happens to his shirt tail should he miss that first deer........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, give Runs With Scissors a pat on the back from me and tell him welcome to the hunting fraternity.

Page 169 of 1,842 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1badf350, 1936M71, 1234, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.