Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
irv Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Sooner or later you are going to shoot the chronograph.
Chrony will take it in trade for another rebuilt for around
$20 or so. A note pad makes a nice read only memory.
Good luck!

HR IC

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
"Sooner or later you are going to shoot the chronograph."

Setup suggestion to prevent this dilema:

1. Setup in bags, rifle aligned perfectly with target, if not done already, sight rifle in for distance.
2. Remove bolt from rifle.
3. Set up chronograph by sighting over sensors until you see light centered through the bore: Just as you would in bore sighting but from the other end.
4. Adjust chrony/tripod until eye aligned path is 2-3 inches over sensors and centered between uprights.
5. Enjoy consistent readings and long chronograph life.

This is my daily setup. I get home with just enough time to set up and fire a few strings while the wind is calm and before it gets dark. I found that if the bullet path is too high over the sensors at dusk it would sometimes miss the readings.

This gets my bench setup time down to a couple of minutes rather than running back and forth from rifle to chrony and guessing where the bullet path is.

Shummy

I
irv Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Ah yes; If the bullet path is too high over the sensor...
On evening I was comoensating for this effect by shooting low into the chrony. No need to complete this story.
They took it back on trade inspite of the mess made by a 45ACP.
Good luck!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How is the Shooting Chrony Beta? I am looking for a Chronograph too and have seen this one, but noone has said much about it.

Another question while we are on this topic. What is the optimum distence to place the chrony?

Take a Kid Hunting and Fishing!

**NRA Life Member**
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another one for the CED Millenium. Very easy to use & you can dump to Excel file after the session. Very Handy.

For the $$ better than Oehler IMHO.

Regards
JohnT

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Drake,
I have a Beta. It will hold 6 strings, does SD, ES, AV, and fits in your glove box. I recall the ES, AV and individual readings of shots and write them on the side of the shot plotted target. Accurate? All I can say is I develop loads, and when finished enter the AV number into Exbal (ballistic program)and will be on paper at 1K. Additionally if the ES numbers it gives are small, I get short groups, if they are large, I get long tall groups. It works well for my application.

On the distance, I do not know what the optimum is. I set mine 10 feet from the muzzle....But I lay a sandbag on the bracket between the legs of the camera tripod. I shoot magnums.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,881
Posts18,518,198
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.