Print Thread
Hop To
Page 173 of 1,842 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Anyone heard from WABO? Been quite awhile since he's posted.

Wow, you're right.

Hopefull he's just really busy with work. I don't know how to get a hold of him either, or I would.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been wondering about Wabo too. Hope all is well with him and his family. Especially kiddo.

Wabo - Check in if your browsing some day.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i sent him an e-mail today, waiting to hear back.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Let us know...Hope everything's OK with Kiddo.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No word from WABO yet?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Let us know...Hope everything's OK with Kiddo.

What T said .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
nuthin yet.

Something clever here.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizz, the spawning males here typically run in that size range. A few years back I caught a male that was 33-1/2 inches lg and weighed 11.7 in the summer. We had a tremendous 2003 year class of naturally reproduced fish and those males are right in that size range now. Summer should be fun.....

Scott

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Scott, thats quite a fishery you've got there, but one needs have a boat that can handle the weather that can pop up with little warning.

Keep us posted on the bite and have a great fishing season.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
ND, permission to come back aboard? I've been MIA for a while. Our younger son and his wife announced that they are expecting their second son in Aug8st, then promptly bought a larger house. I guess you know where I spent the last few weeks!

Nice pics of the mud bog contest. That shiny Ford was lookin' right nice by the last picture! LOL There's something about a muddy 4WD that just seems right.

BTW, I'm truly jealous about that Ruger LSS. I tried to entice a few to follow me home in the last year or so but the wife chased them off before I could get the gun safe locked! But I fooled her. I had an older MKII in 30-06 in the back of the gun safe that really needed some TLC so I sent it out for a re-barrel. 'Course everyone has an '06, right? Too common. It is due back shortly as a .280 Ackley Improved, at which point it will be mated to a new stock made from a pretty little walnut blank I scooped up on the 'net. As my grandpa used to say, "There's some shenanigans goin' on around here!" As I told my wife, it's not "new", just "repaired". Well, maybe "repaired/updated/enhanced/upfitted/etc". Cabin fever can make a man do some crazy things. <grin>

Time to head to the cabin. Was up last week and the sun was shining, the shadbush were blooming, the turkeys were gobbling and the fish were biting. Life is good! Pan-fried perch fillets are better!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ron,
Welcome back.You have been gone too long.Don't let this happen again ,young man.

Stan in SC
Icon of Geezerhood

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
good to hear from you Ron, that 280 AI sounds like a really cool project. I got bored the other night & glass bed/free floated my new 264 M77. I kind of made a pictoral storyline of it in a thread that I posted in the hunting rifles section here.

Hey guys, Wabo e-mailed me back. He is well, his family is well, all is good. He's just really busy, his home PC is sickly & won't let him on the internet (like mine frown ) but he said he would post when he got a chance. He asked me to say hello to everyone.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
good to hear from you Ron, that 280 AI sounds like a really cool project. I got bored the other night & glass bed/free floated my new 264 M77. I kind of made a pictoral storyline of it in a thread that I posted in the hunting rifles section here.

Hey guys, Wabo e-mailed me back. He is well, his family is well, all is good. He's just really busy, his home PC is sickly & won't let him on the internet (like mine frown ) but he said he would post when he got a chance. He asked me to say hello to everyone.

Thank god that is all it is. You can send him my e-mail if you want so we can bs a bit.

It really has been a long time.

I missed out on a 78 f-250 4x4 yesterday. :sad: 400ci, auto.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good to hear Wabo is ok. Thanks for checking Dave.

Dave, saw Brownys twin yesterday. Although Browny has less rust.

Heading up to Northern Wisconsin Saturday to try to entice a few Walleyes to check out my live well.

Ray, that 280AI sounds way cool. Still miss my old 280 Rem. It would put 140 Gr NP's into sub 1 inch groups all day long.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill,

Where you headed? Me and the boy are off to our camper on Nelson Lake in Hayward. Probably won't do too much fishing but there will be some. This is the first time up there this year, so there will probably be much work to do.

Ray,

The .280 AI sounds cool. I have had a few guns myself that went in for "repair" and came back looking entirely different. Different stocks and all. grin

Have a good weekend boys.

Tom

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Bill,

Where you headed? Me and the boy are off to our camper on Nelson Lake in Hayward. Probably won't do too much fishing but there will be some. This is the first time up there this year, so there will probably be much work to do.

Tom, my plan is to hit Connors Lake. It's NW of Phillips on County Road W. Lake is a little over 500 acres and has a decent early morning and evening Walley bite. Also has some decent Crappies.

Worked with a guy that took a 15 pound Walleye out of Nelson Lake many years ago. Hope you and the little guy have a great weekend.

Tight lines everyone.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill,

Do you ever fish the lakes that are right in Phillips? The ones you drive past on 13.

I have always wanted to, just never did it...yet.

We fish Butternut Lake a fair amount too, but always for Muskies. We have raised some beauties there, never got one though.

I was fishing a sand bar on Butternut one evening in July or August, and a lady was wading out on the bar. I was casting a Hawg Wobbler up onto that bar, as it was a dead calm evening. This lady was watching and talking to us from about a 100' or so. Pete, my FIL, says to me real quiet...."look, look", pointing to my Hawg Wobbler, there was a wake behind it.It got to the end of that sand bar and then all of a sudden WOOOSH, SPLASH, SLAP, a big ol girl took a swipe and missed. That lady yelled "OH MY GOD" so loud I think they heard her at the resort. she jumped into her little run a bout and went back to the resort. I can't remember laughing so hard in a boat before...

We went to the resort for a beer and pizza and she was in there telling everybody what happened. I had to buy her a beer to keep her from telling everyone WHERE it happened so we could hit it again the next morning.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, Hate to admit it but I've never fished those lakes and kick myself every time I drive by them. The area I really want to try is on the Elk River just out of Phillips. Has a bunch of islands and is absolutely beautiful in the fall.

Also want to try the Dairyland flowage over by Ladysmith. My late brothers neighbor has done real well on Walleyes there.

By any chance were you and your FIL at Kubleys Resort?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Northern Pines Resort, was the resort that time. We used to stay there for deer season too. Now we stay over on Shnur Lake, across the street from Butternut Lake.

We spend most of our time at Butternut Lake Resort now. Friends of ours own it. If you are ever up that way, stop in to Butternut Lake Resort on a Saturday night, and get a Prime Rib dinner. Tasty as hell, but it will set you back $12. I know, I know... smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'll try to remember that one. Kind of expensive though smile

Page 173 of 1,842 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,373
Posts18,488,422
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.