Print Thread
Hop To
Page 175 of 1,842 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly,
I bought a used Rossi .223 at the gun shop where I work part time last year .It had a 3X9X40 scope on it.I shot it for several months and really liked it.It was accurate as heck just like the .44 magnum I just bought.I let a friend of mine have it for his boy and doggone if he didn't kill a deer with it first time he used it.
Lots of people poo poo the Rossi as being cheap and junk.Tain't so in all models.I say in all models cause last year I also bought a Rossi with three barrels.20 gauuge,.243 and .22.The .243 barrel would not be accurate for nothing.I never shot the other two and sold it quickly.
The little .44 would be a good gun for a young person because you could shoot lighter .44 special loads in it.It is funny that there are just some calibers in these break tops,both Rossi and New England Firearms(Harrington&Richardson),that are just inheirently accurate and I have proved that in some that I have owned.The 30-30 and 45/70 are accurate in NEF.The .44 Magnum and .223 are accurate in Rossi.None of the NEF super lightweight .223 and .243 guns are accurate but the standard models are accurate in those calibers.The list goes on and on.Over the past ten years I have owned probably 12 NEF and Rossi break top single shots.The accurate ones I still have,the difficult ones went down the road.A few of the accurate ones went to friends after I shot them enough to want to move on.
I just like single shot break open firearms that shoot really good.
Sorry,I didn't mean to go on and on.It's just one of my favorite subjects.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I plan on throwing cranks like a mofo next week on the chip. Water temp up there was 52*F. Which too me means spawn is probably all done.

If they're getting them in 2/3 fow though, could still be a little bit going on.

I had nothing on the jigs.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You like those eh Stan? I have never shot one, just played around with them at the gun shop.

I did see a really nicle stocked Ruger 10/22 that has my eye. I'm not sure what the stock is. It almost looks like cherry. It has beautiful grain, a monte carlo cheek piece, swivels, no barrel band. The stock looks more like it would fit a bolt action. I could use another .22lf, so I'm having a hard time talking myself out of it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, I didn't mention it originally but I'm sure that the Rossi I mentioned came with a 20 ga barrel also. My friend bought the rig for his granson, but he's so impressed with the 223 that the poor kid my never see it.

One of the guys I turkey hunted with uses a NEF for his turkey gun and this guy has several Benneli's.

GB

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Picked up a used John Deer commercial mower with very few hours on it from a lawn care service for $140. It really cut well.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. I'm hitting it for the first time tomorrow before I pick the kids up. My turkey hunting will be a bit screwy tomorrow. Ma is out of town. I dorp the kids off, do a few chores, head to the hunting grounds by noon hopefully. hunt for 4 hours and pick up the monkeys. Doubt I'll have a bird like that...but I'm still bringing my gun. smile

Thursday the busniess gets serious. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good luck Tom. Hope to hear "BGD" Big Goobler Down from you.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave anything new to report on "Project Browny"? Saw a true Browny about 10 miles South of Phillips, WI Saturday. Had a good looking Cap on it, but it saged just behind the cab like the frame was cracked.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey fellers,
We got an offer on the house last nite. We countered today. If you are of the praying variety, shoot one up for a family that wants to move out of the city and back to their hometown. If you arent of that variety, rub your rocks together or do a raindance or something!

I am kinda in shock. Planned for this for a long time, but to be this close to realizing the dream....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck brother...I'll send some your way.Hope it works out.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hope all goes well Berettaman. Good thoughts coming your way.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Same here Berretta! Good Luck man! It must be torture living there knowing what life is like in greater MN. Hope you get home soon!

TZone -
Let me first start by saying I hope your boss has a good sense of humor and if not I'm sorry!

You see I'm a pretty passionate Viking fan and all this hub bub of Brett Favre possibly signing with the Vikings prompted me to go on line last night and check it out. I found a website of a Viking blogger who posted his lengthy "opinion" of the Vikings aquiring Favre. His VULGAR loathing hatred of the man is almost to the insane level. Anyway...I copy and paste the link into an email and send it out (to you Tom, among others)saying this is pretty much how I feel about the situation. And what do I get back from Mr Tzone's email....an out of office reply stating that he will be gone until Monday the 11th and the email is being forwarded to his supervisor for review.

"OH CRAP!" I said.

P.S. Why would you forward your emails to your boss rather than list him as an alternate contact and if you are going to do such things why would you not let your chicken buck buddies know? grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
walleye opens up again this coming weekend.

I'm supposed to go sturgeon fishing with Dusty & the boy this weekend but I'm wondering if they know sturgeon closes this week on Wed? I think you can still fish em but you just have to release them? (which we would anyways)

Dave,
If your plans were to go sturgeon fishing, I'm guessing it was on the Rainy. Sturgeon closes so I would keep the plans to go to the rainy river and stock up on # 7 Rapala Deep Runners and go hammer the walleyes. That is what I did last year on opener and even in miserable wet conditions, we just spanked 'em. Best fishing opener I have ever had! wink

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Going, gooooing, GONE! Wahooooooooo! We sold the house!!!!!!

I cannot tell you guys how happy, relieved, happy, excited, grateful, happy, thrilled, happy, and just plain happy I am.

My cheeks hurt from the perma-smile on my face. grin

Now to find a house in Alex we like. Going up tomorrow to look for one.

Hey, did I mention I am pretty happy? smile

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats Berettaman cool and grin

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7

TZone -
Let me first start by saying I hope your boss has a good sense of humor and if not I'm sorry!

... And what do I get back from Mr Tzone's email....an out of office reply stating that he will be gone until Monday the 11th and the email is being forwarded to his supervisor for review.

"OH CRAP!" I said.

P.S. Why would you forward your emails to your boss rather than list him as an alternate contact and if you are going to do such things why would you not let your chicken buck buddies know? grin

laugh That's gonna cost ya Rooster whistle

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey that's great news Barettaman!!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great news. I'm sure it's a big load off of your shoulders. Now good luck with the house hunt. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, you know whats up for tomorrow?

Dinosaur hunt.

Sturgeon fishing on the river that seperates Minnesota from Canada.

We (the men of chickenbuck) are heading to the place that rocky & bullwinkle called "frostbite falls" there we will lodge for the night.

Saturday morning we will slide a couple of boats into the rainy river & we will do our best to hook up a fight with the biggest, strongest fish MN has to offer.

The rainy has never been nice to me. It can be a terrible place, you can get so cold on the rainy that you might consider jumping into the icy water just to warm up. You have to dress like you are set out for the north pole on a dog sled.

If you fall short of bringing the absolute warmest gear you own, you will be sorry.

I know the rainy won't show me nice weather, me & the river don't get along. I could get into a boat on the rainy in late july & it would snow.

If I were to fish the rainy in late july I would still dress for ice fishing because that's what the rainy will give me for weather.

But it's chocked full of those gray dinosaur fish, some of which are 6' long. So we're going damn it, and we'll do our best to hook into something worth taking pictures of for everyone here.

Wish us luck!!

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Think of how much fun it would be to hook one of those from a kayak.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Page 175 of 1,842 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.